What should be the retail price?

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by azraa, Oct 5, 2010.

1. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

dear Ilites,

I saw this dress on a website- it says the wholesale price of this cotton dress is Rs.395, if i buy this dress from the wholesaler at this price and sell it from my home then what should be the retail price of this dress.

I believe we get good cotton suits like this at our local shops at this price also or is the price higher? i am confused, please help me.

Attached Files:

2. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

if anyone running a boutique (business) in dress materials from home can answer me--would be very helpful.

3. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

SOMEBODY PLEASE REPLY SOON

nobody knows anything about this? there r so many ladies running business from home but no one willing to help?

4. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

I know this type of cotton dress in Delhi , you get it for Rs250-Rs400 in retail shops...
    Just check your wholesale stuff is not overated....

5. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

thank u incarnation for ur reply.

even i have the same feeling that the price for the dresses at this site is overrated-- the price of this is rs.395, then i have to pay for the
    courier cost + weight also, then on what price am i going to resell it to customers?

very confused--have to look for other sources then.

6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

You cannot expect to make a big profit this way. Ladies running boutiques have direct contact with wholesalers from Surat etc. The price of the product escalates as it goes thru various hands.
    Once you are in business hopefully you will be approached by wholesale merchants who get material from mills .

7. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

i have contacted many whole sellers on the net, but still i'm confused,
    cause the price still seem higher to me even though they are providing straight from the mill.
    now i plan to go to the whole sellers personally and buy as i am going to india in july.
    pls just guide me so that i may have an idea-----suppose the retail price of a suit is rs.300 how much should i expect in wholesale?

pls someone reply soon

8. anuraghu28

anuraghu28 New IL'ite

Hi Azraa,

Saw all your replies. For Example when you buy it from a wholeseller for 200 rs then you can sell that material for 320 - 400 if you have a botique at home.

If you have botique as a shop then obvioulsy you should have 50 - 70% of you margin amount higher eg 250rs material can be sold for 450 -475

Again this all depends on material quality and designs. That you can decide based on the quality and designs that you get from your retailer.

Also when you go for a wholeseller shop you need to be very carefull and you should not suppose to compromise in quality becos customer always trust us.
    Let me know when r u coming to India and where you are planning to buy materials . so that i could suggest some good places.

Regards
    anusha

9. azraa

azraa Silver IL'ite

THANK U SOOOOOOOO MUCH ANUSHA!!!:) i really appreciate it!

i am coming in july most probably. please do suggest me some really good places :)

azra

10. anuraghu28

anuraghu28 New IL'ite

Hi Azraa,

My contact details are given in IL directory contact me when you come to india i will hwelp you

Anusha