Check Here: Early Symptoms of Pregnancy and how to test for it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Niveditha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Re: How I told him...

Congrats Didka!!! I'm so happy for you and your husband!!!:) I'm sure you'll make wonderful parents!!

In my case, when the EPT strip came out positive, I couldnt believe it at first that our prayers had finally been answered...:) So I did it again to make sure and then again...:-D

After that I called my husband (it was late evening and he was downstairs watching TV)...from my voice, he could make out that something major had happened...he came running up...:) On seeing my grinning face, he said "It was positive!!" and I just nodded my head...we hugged each other and did a little jig/dance on the staircase! It was such an incredible feeling...I went to my ob/gyn after that and the official confirmation came on Feb 14th morning (valentine's day)...

I told my parents when I was 2 months along..called up my mom and told her that I had some important news to give her...after that I said that she was going to be a nani (grandma)...that's how I broke the news to my parents..my hubby did it in exactly the same way to his mom...:)

Congrats once again!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
    2 people like this.
  2. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi Didka,
    Congratulations!!!Am really happy for the two of you.:tongue In my case i waited ten 10 days after my period was de and did the strip test at home, as i was feeling tired in the mornings when i was on my way to work. It was my weekend and when i did the strip test and the result was positive i was crying with joy, because we had decided that we want to bring in a baby and it was our first try.When my husband got home at night i showed him the strip and he was reactionless. That really irritated me, but the next day wehn we went to the gynae to confirm the same he was really happy.He didnt show it though!!!
    Thats when we told our parents , after the gynae confirmed it. I was 5 weeks preggie then!! Now my baby boy is almost 10 months old.Have a great Pregnancy. Its the most wonderful period.

3. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Re: I am pregnant! :)

Hey congradulations on your pregnancy. Glad to know that you are so excited about your second pregnancy. By the way I am also pregnant with my second baby and guess what my due date is also during the end of April. And my son (1st child) is little young to realise all what is happening with me. But I am sure he will be excited when the baby arrives. To tell you honestly I am not that excited about this second pregnancy, compared to the excitement I had for the first one. Maybe it is because there is nobody here with me, apart my husband, to share the happiness.

Anyway enjoy the pregnancy.

Amitha

4. sankasailaja

sankasailaja Bronze IL'ite

hi didka congrats for u both.

in my case its different,we are in india at that time due to my husband's project.after marraige i came to usa and went back india and stayed for 3 months there.i went to see my in-laws and came back to mumbai with my parents.after coming to mumbai ,i use to vomt lot of times and feeling sick,so my mom got doubt and asked me to go for check,so my hubby and me went and i gave test.the lab people told us to call at the given time ,so my husband called them,they confirmed it,in reverse my husband told that good news to me.as my parents are there we celebrated that day onwards till they were in mumbai.i conveyed this to my in-laws in phone.

And one more surprise is my husband got project and came to usa ,i stayed for 2 months until i get 5th month and my mom did all formalities for me,even sremantham function and then i came back here.

Now its 6th month for me.

I got pregnant after 8months of our marraige and we r expecting at that time,so we r happy.

we clebrated our 1st anniversiry just a month back.

Thanks

I am very happy to share my feelings with u my frnds.

bye

5. diwali

diwali Senior IL'ite

hi sailaja,

CONTRATS to u and u r husband!

very nice to read u r post.

take care of u r heath!

Sri

6. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hi guys

I am pregnant with my second child now. My first pregnancy was really not a surprise as we were very much expecting it.

But my second pregnancy sure was. My periods got delayed but I was confident bcoz i thought and was pretty sure that v were "carefull". I dint have any other symptoms and was sure all the more. Just thought it was getting delayed bcoz of stress.

My inlaws came to visit us that month and my MIL asked me take a test anyways. I dint want to though as I was sure U know. Then again at 4:00 in the morning I took the test and there it was both the lines.

I just couldnt believe my eyes. I woke up my husband from sleep and conveyed him the news. Even he couldnt belive it for sometime becoz he also thought v were "carefull". We couldnt go to sleep after that.

Though this pregnancy came quiet unexpected coz we were not planning for our second child in the near future. Still again it is a good feeling. So thats how it went. Congrats to all other ladies who are pregnant and who have given birth. and my best wishes to ones who want to become parents soon.

Regards
    Rakshantha

7. sathyasai

sathyasai New IL'ite

ultrasound test not see a baby

Hi everyone out there!!!! I went to my gynae today & she did a urine test for me & he confirmed its positive.and then she did a ultrasound scanning to my uterus. The scan showed empty uterus & she told me not to worry because if in this case, maybe I am not fully 5 weeks pregnant.

Then,she told me to take prenatal vitamin & asked me to come back after 2 weeks to have ultrasound test
    she told me that if in these 2 weeks, u see any bleeding come and see me want to know if the urine test is positive but the uterus still cant detect it, means I am consider pregnant now????

i am so Worried & my nex Appointment is 23th oct. pls tel me any body have this problem. i am pregant are not ?????:confused:

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Re: ultrasound test not see a baby

Hi,

Generally the first ultrascan is done only at 12 weeks.
    I am now 22 weeks pregnant and I went to checkup three days after I missed my period. The nurse just confirmed that it is positive and gave an appointment only at 5 weeks to see the midwife. Later the first ultrascan was at 12 weeks and the second one was at 20 weeks. This is my first baby, I dont know much. But what of I have gathered is the baby completely gets formed only after 12 weeks. Thats why we Indians generally dont inform our pregnancy till 3 months. Also I experienced that till 14 weeks I never felt pregnant except for the nausea troubling me throughout the day.

So I would advise to keep calm and start taking the multivitamins (even I did).
    If you have morning sickness, you will have a rough first trimester running to the loo now and then... :) But chill...
    Everything will be fine.

Just take care that you dont over exert in physical things like lifting heavyweight, travelling on bikes on bumpyroads, avoiding extreme spicy foods, dont eat papaya in fruits.

Take care of all these and rest all will be fine.

Take care

9. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Re: ultrasound test not see a baby

Hi,

I am 12 weeks pregnant and for me, the first scan was done at the end of 2nd month, i.e, at 8th week , then the second scan during 12th week (since 11th week was not completed and so the doppler m/c could not give the heart beat sound)...
    so dont worry...this is too early to get a scan done...be positive as ur result is positive...rest will be through...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  10. naazneen

naazneen Junior IL'ite

Re: I am pregnant! :)

Hey Mythili,
    just wanted to share, I too am pregnant.Godwilling the baby isn't due untill June. :)
    ~ Naazneen