1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Sleepy

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by jewel4u86, May 21, 2011.

1. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am feeling sleepy all the time. Dont know the reason but whenever i sit idle i feel sleepy. Tried many things like took a walk, washed my face etc but nthg helped me. Can any one tell me what to do. Even at work place whenever i have to sit idle i feel sleepy. its just for few minutes but at that time my eyes feel heaviness and have to lie down. Please help me.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

It could be an indication regarding your nutrition health too. Please consult your family physician to find out the exact cause. Check the food quality and quantity of intake. Keep yourself cheerful. Eating to full stomach, oily food or less nutritional value food also can cause this. If your work environment is boring or doing a monotonous work, give yourself some change by bringing little life into the environment or volunteer for some challenging task. If you feel sleepy after having breakfast or lunch, check the menu and make it healthy by adding sprouts, salads and boiled vegetables / fruits (never stuff yourself). Do not forget to consult a doctor. Wish you all the best.

3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

As mira said meet a good doctor.You are very weak i think.you may be anemic and weak thats why very tired and sleepy or any other health problem will be there.Dont afraid to meet a doctor.

please intake some sprouts,cereals,horsegram all make you feel energetic and iron rich foods whenever taking iron rich foods have some fruits or buttermilk in addition.reduce carbohydrate foods and curd item.dont avoid it just reduce it.You can go for yoga or meditation classes or any dance classes.it make you more active.

walking sometimes make you feel bore.hence you can go to park with your friends chat for long time.

During school days i am very sleepy.even before completing eating i feel sleepy.hence unable to eat well even i am hungry.the reason was i am very anemic.If you have heavy flow in period cycles you may be very tired and sleepy.Hence meet a good gynacologist

4. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I would say please check your diet.
    Avoid food items that cause blout or gas in stomach,these type of foods will make you drowsy and sleepy.Glucose shortage in the body also causes tiredness and sleepiness.Eat little sweet once in a while.
    Include lots of juicy fruits in your whole day's intake.Fruits iwll keep you energetic and active.
    Dont worry and be happy!
    Rgds

5. annaima

annaima New IL'ite

Hi jewel ,

I thought of exactly asking the same query here. I also feel sleepy in working hours , specially in day times . Are you sleeping full fledged in night times ?? If not so , kindly take care that you sleep in night times properly. I am taking iron tables cuz of being weak. Consult a doctor for sure. Dont sit in computer, watch tv before you go to bed. . Take care :) Get well and be refresh :)

6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Check your thyroid level, you may have hypo thyroid, consult with doctor!

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

sleepiness could also be due to lack of iron. Check your Haemoglobin levels.

Taking a multivitamin tablets might help.

Make a habit to eat something like spinach everyday to increase the iron content

8. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Anaemia (less haemoglobin) may cause drowsyness, no willigness to work.

Consult your doctor and have a blood test. Having iron tonic and capsules may help. But consult the Dr and do whatever

9. Anu4U

Anu4U New IL'ite

check your TSH levels

10. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite