Thyroid and conceive isssue...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pallavik96, May 22, 2011.

1. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am new to this community..I am married but m not able to conceive...We are trying to have a baby but not able to conceive...I checked with the doctor but the report was completely normal..The Doctor checked for hyperthyroidism but the report was normal..But now,i am facing the problem..Whatever i am eating ,my muscles or the uppert part is not growing at all but the waist or the hip portion is growing like anything...m doing exercises but i think exercises are just waste..Moreover,i go to loo frequently in day or evening time? Are these indications of hyperthyroidism???? Bowel movement is not clear too..Gas in stomach is too much !!!! why am i not able to conceive??? Cant i become mother like others??? ...Literally i am very helpless with my body...Seeing other ladies in good health,i feel bad of myself...My husband is too not so much supportive...Really need all ur help...Do,i suffer from hyperthyroidism?? Do i need to again check with the doctor? why i am not able to conceive? Please somebody help me....

2. redgems

redgems New IL'ite

you said your reports came back normal. do you think they are wrong? go to another lab/doctor and have them run your hormones. did you complain about the weight issue to your doctor?

most ppl will say that if you continue to be stressed out about conception, that's your biggest problem. what's your age? how long have you been trying?

add healthy foods to your diet - fruits, nuts, veggies, meat (if that's permissible)

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

If the reports are normal who said that you are suffering from thyroid problems?

How long are you trying to conceive? How old are you?Try getting a second opinion from another doctor.

I guess you need to meet a general physician for other problems.

4. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for responding me...I am 27 years old..I have checked with the doctor twice...complete body check up...which includes thyroid too and blood tests...The report was completely normal...i am eating a lot of veggies too...I have been married for last 1 and half years...I feel like i might have got hyperthyroidism... r else why cant i conceive? what is the main problem behind it...why m i not able to increase my weight like other ladies? So,i am being tensed......

5. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Since your reports are normal, you don't have to worry about thyroid. Looks like you are very much confused. You won't conceive just by gaining weight. Not all the women conceive in few months. It will take time for some. Being stressed will affect your ttc. So try to be stress free.

Are you getting your periods regularly? If you tried naturally for more than a year, consult with a gynec.

6. blackbeauty84

If the reports are normal you don't have thyroid. There can be any or no reason for not conceiving.

Don't try to assume you have a problem.

Are you visiting a gyn continously? Generally for the woman in ttc gyn will prescribe tablets for ovulation and do some scans to figure out the exact date you should have the ic. Atlast it would help you & gyn to understand where the problem lies.

7. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot to both of u for understanding my concern.I know that gaining weight only,i wouldn't conceive..But whatever i am eating ,the outcome is very bad..I am very slim as compared to others.If there is no thyroid problem,then why i am not able to conceive..Smetimes my period is regular ,for few months it is irregular..really confusing..m not able to gain muscles at all...Dont know wht to do? plz help me..Is it hormonal imbalance?

8. reshma2010

reshma2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

Don't come to any conclusion before checking with doctor. Try to have intercourse around ovulation time. If your periods are regular 28-35 days, you can have intercourse on alternative days from day 12 - day 22. If you have irregular periods, you can better check with gync. You will surely conceive. Don't worry. God bless you.

I am not sure about your weight. Don't worry about it. If you have irregular periods, it is not adviciable to gain weight.

9. blackbeauty84

Pallavi,
    I think the stress of wanting to conceive and gain weight is taking a toll on you.

Answer these questions we might able to help you.

1)What is your age, height & weight? Did a doctor asked you to gain weight in order to conceive or you are trying it by yourself?

2)Have you visited your gyn for irregular periods or ttc issue? Since you are ttc for more than a year you can actually visit a gyn if you haven't done earlier.

3) You have mentioned hormonal imbalance again? Why do you get that idea when your reports or normal?

10. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for responding me..My weight is 48 kg and height is 5 feet 2 inch.Before marriage,periods were regular but after marriage it has become irregular..i think,better to check with the doctor about why m i not able to conceive? Is it possible to check the sperm quality of my husband at home? If,we need to do sperm analysis for my husband,how much it would cost in hospitals in india (approximate rate)? Any idea??? As,i was not able to conceive and i have frequent bowel movements in a day,feel weak,it made me thought that i might have hyperthyroidism....U both are absolutely right too, becoz of stress i might not able to conceive...If i will have fertility test,will that be good as it is now almost more than 1 year on ttc? What it will cost in private hospitals in india to do fertility test and sperm test??