article writing - very good freelancing job for work at home moms

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by menakaa, May 9, 2010.

1. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi Menaka

After reading all your suggestions, I signed a freelancer site (15 days back).But I have some doubts ...I will be grateful if you will clear these doubts...

• I applied a job and got reply to send a sample of the work so that they can judge it and award the project.I did...then i got a mail from the site that, this job is cancelled because the company violated the terms and service...So is it a coincidence or it happens like this..i mean all the work of mine got wasted..
    • Yesterday i applied a job and got a reply to start work on a website...I worked for 3/4 hours.Again morning i got a mail that the job is cancelled.
    So I am confused.How to know which company is genuine?I can see for some companies it is written that "payment method is not verified"...so is it a criteria to apply for a job?So should I apply to those jobs where "payment method is verified"?

Please can you guide me how to know which company is good..I am ready to work hard, but it should be for a genuine person, not for a fraud...

2. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi poornima,
    actually I began guiding people and also giving them direct jobs so that they would not have to face all the hassels of searching jobs, bidding and then writing and getting payment
    but it has proved to be a wrong step, because our people always do think if anything is got free then there has to be some crooked thought behind it.
    so now I think I shall limit myself to guiding people. here is a link to a post showing good freelanceing sites.
    all the best

you can register and bid.
    regards
    menaka

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
  3. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Hi Meneka,

I finally got registered to do freelancer. I am lost while seeing the site. I some how managed to get to understand and started getting mails from freelancer itself regarding the new jobs getting posted based on the topics i choose. but...i am still not able to go through one job offer also. :drowning

i'll keep trying. by the way, you've mentioned that you have sent some links to other freelancing sites. i dont see any here. perhaps its all deleted because you are not supposed to give in web add here?

thanks for your help..
    Poornima

4. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi poornita,
    the link seems to have been moderated. anyways you could check my blog for ideas regarding work from home.
    do keep trying you are sure to succeed.
    regards
    menaka

5. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi menaka,

I don't see you here anymore in this threa! :(
    Just read thru the other half of the thread.

I guess you are bit upset with the comments by Puja and (probably chandannasta) who suddenly barged into this thread, talking about filling survey forms and making quick money.Especially Puja's comments were a bit rude when she said 'You were the one digging and I simply use sense and internet and no hard work"!!

@ Puja - try to read the content of the thread - what is it about and post your comments. Don't try to divert the topic!!! While surveryin may be about using sense and internet, Article writing is about hard work, transfer of knowledge, learning etc., Quick bucks DO NOT matter for us!! For heavens sake!

Freelance writing packages good money with great job satisfaction and total learning for an individual!!

@ Menakaa- You did a great job of helping out fellow ILs by giving your tips and suggestions. So many ladies have benefitted out of your guidance. Let intruders like Puja and Chandannasta come and go, but you have to stay on here .:)

Hope to see you soon!! :)

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  6. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Even I regidtered myself at but Inspite of bidding low amounts couldn't get a single job. also I am interested in Data Entry.
    Inspite of quoting the lowest ammount I culdn't find anything. Maybe I am going wrong somewhere. don't know where.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  7. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Hi April,

For winning projects in freelance writing, tts best to bid for max number of projects, so that one or two will click. Also more importantly, adding a portfolio (collection of your articles) or links to your blogs would help you get a project soon. Make sure to write a good intro about you in your profile page. Keep trying and follow up with the employes if possible.

Sorry, I have no idea abt Data Entry works.

All the best for all your efforts.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  8. evs

evs Junior IL'ite

Menaka,
    :iagreewith whatever swethakalyanee has said above. I registered here this evening and had been thru this whole thread at 1 go:coffee.

:hatsoff to u. U may not realise the real value of this thread to its full extent. But i can give you a little insight into it.

I'm a B.Tech IT graduate. I got a job in TCS in campus placement. Worked for an year and quit it after my marriage, much to the disappointment and disapproval of my parents, in-laws and my husband. He asked me to give him some financial support for an year or so, but due to the transfer issues, i had to discontinue. Now i have 2 kids( 2.10 yrs & 10months old).

Since the past 4.5 years i've been trying to do something useful and earn some money. Even tried share trading sometime. Nothing worked much. In my school and college, i had been the class leader, rep, Hostel rep, and in final year Gen.Secretary. There were many people who looked at me with respect and admiration. I had a good say in college meetings with the Principal, almost getting anything done.

And here I am, with 2 kids, sitting at home, no job, just the household chores and the kids keeping me busy. I miss being myself. I surely have lost all my identity and the strong leadership qualities I possessed until my college days. Now I'm merely a homemaker, a Mrs, a mom, etc. My Engineering degree is laughing at me whenever i think of it. But i cant just laugh it aside since my dad's hard earned money went into it along with his aspirations to bring up his daughter to a good position. I realise I made a stupid mistake of quitting my job. But I dont regret being a parent. Anyways raising the kids needs me at home. Its just that I quit much earlier.

Most important thing is I want people to respect me as a person again, not for being a good wife or a mom or a daughter-in-law.

From reading this itself you would have understood that if i start writing something, i cant easily stop. I have a passion for writing, and i know it. Reading your thread and Vandanarajeshr's posts which you had mentioned, I've come to a conclusion that I can be a content writer. And I'm going to start it asap.

:thumbsup What you have done is great. Who knows! This day may change my life altogether and bring me to my own track and keep me enthusiastic again.
    :wowThis is the one word feedback for your thread.

:thankyou2: And this is the ultimate thing that I can tell. You have woken me up, like this :bonk. Keep up your good work Menaka.

P.S: I'm from Tamilnadu [ Theni ], but a telugu girl , in Bangalore now. From ur post i come to know u r also a tamilian. [ You quoted chithiramum kaipazhakkam, senthamizhum naapazhakkam in one place ]

9. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi swetha,
    actually I thought hardwork was only a rule to very few people and the other majority wanted to earn money easily, and hence I thought there was not much I could do about that because I do not know much about survey and things like that.
    well thanks to have taken your time to write the post. I really do appreciate your sincerity in wanting me join you back, I too feel like fish out water for past sometime.
    menaka

10. menakaa

menakaa Bronze IL'ite

hi EVS!
    yes, I am basically from Tamilnadu.
    It was like seeing me in your words I think most homemakers would reflect your thoughts too. during the initial years of marriage we women seem to be so much confused that we do not always think clearly or come to a conclusion that might be right.
    later, sometime v v v later, do we realize that we have lost the real "US".
    well, I am happy to see that you have got some inspiration from my post and I would be very happy if you are able to establish a career for yourself.
    all the best.
    wordplaycontent.com is an outsourcing company which is in Bangalore. You would be able to get good placing in it. kindly contact them.
    hope this would be of use to you.
    regards
    menaka

1 person likes this.