1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Guests and Etiquette

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Vennella, May 18, 2011.

1. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Thank you ladies for the valuable feedback :)

What you say is so true, mickeymini

Thank you Satchi, for reiterating this fact. After such similar experiences, I started to think that may be I am the abnormal person with unreasonable expectations :bonk

Good for you santhusen8, it's always good when you build relationships.

Thank you dear Amul.

2. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I also have/had horrible experiences.My DH used to invite people for lunch/dinner.I have cooked all alone with my pregnancy.I have never been invited by them,even for courtesy.

3. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

meerajesh, I am sorry to hear of you bad experiences. You are quite welcome to yell more here, if you'd like :)

Soumedh, what a mean guy! This must be the heights (or depths !!) of use and throw policy!

That is so true, shree. We also started to think similarly now when we get a call from this couple :biglaugh

DNM, I agree with what you say. But, I am caught just a little off-guard. I have never had such an experience before. And this experience is only with this particular couple. None of our friends are like this. I just find it weird that anybody would be so ignorant of basic manners.

4. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I think my problem with this particular couple, is I am really bored with them. :bonk I have seen them so frequently in the recent past, that I am dreading another long visit from them ( which might happen some time soon)

First of all, it is so difficult to keep them entertained. Both of them have such different tastes. The lady is a huge movie buff, but watches only telugu movies (no complaints there...we both enjoy the mass masala stuff). So we get some DVDs for her, but then her husband has this condescending attitude towards Indian movies. He keeps complaining continuously about there being no logic :crazy.

If we plan to dine out, he wants to try out some continental cuisine, she wants to go to an Indian place!!!I have learnt my lesson. From next time, I will not offer them any choices. We will decide on particular plan for the evening and just implement it.

5. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear that chotumeetu. It is really bad on their part not returning your invitations.
    I like your signature :)

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Vennela,
    Glad that you got the answers, and I agree with what others have already written in.

Sorry for the minor deviation -
    but

CM,
    Comparing an atheist to a thief (figurative also) is a bit too far fetched. An atheist can still be a very good person at heart, so he need not fear anyone or no guilty conscience.

While I'm not an atheist, I know some excellent folks who are. Its almost like some people are pitying atheists. Why do they need pity? :) Hope you dont mind me saying my views CM.

7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I have close friends who are atheists.I have put the signature with no specific intension.Never knew that this will invite such controversies.:)

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

No controversy :) Dont worry.
    I just happened to read it, and as always had something to say :biglaugh

9. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

LOL!! You accepted it!!

10. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

It is Spidey's standard disclaimer! LOL. Very honest but also very clever...

CM - I love your signature line BTW...Makes sense. The athiest has no more need for God than a thief, a policeman...what they inherently don't value or believe in or have a need for, how will they find or actually why should they even look?