1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

good mother in law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by gopinath, May 11, 2011.

1. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

My mil has really changed and is good now. So, I would like to throw in my vote here and say that I have a good mil, so certainly others must be out there. Actually I feel this whole thread is kind of dumb. It would be like asking, are there any good wives? are there any good husbands? are there any bad wives? are there any bad husbands? yes yes yes and yes. it's common sense.

2. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hi Kalyani,

I think its better if I agree with OP in this thread :) I have learnt from experience that the discussion is smoother that way.

4. Maneesha

Maneesha New IL'ite

My MIL also comes in good MIL's category :)

5. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi Gopi,

Most mothers only interfere in their son's marriage and let their daughter live in peace.
    I think MIL should give space to her children to live their life. She has lived her life.
    She can give advice and suggestions when asked for or if her children are doing something really wrong that may lead them into bad trouble.

Why should a MIL feel the need to make sure her DIL follows exactly her styles in everything when her son is happy and comfortable with everything his wife does? Some MIL just don't use their brains to think.

To answer your question, I will go with MIL should be the ones to adjust with the young couples who have just started to explore the marriage. Let the children live their life as however they wish too. Don't expect them to have the exact state of mind as you do.

6. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

you are absolutely right
    even we have difference of opinion but otherwise she is nice to me and we have a healthy relationship

7. Sasanila

Sasanila New IL'ite

My Mother-In-Law is the best MIL in this whole planet... [​IMG]... She is an angel-in-disguise... I have learnt so many good values from her... Not only my MIL, my FIL and SIL are also the best in the world... My FIL will always address me as "Dear daughter" in all his mails to me... My SIL is very friendly to me although we have a big age gap... I love to spend time with them... [​IMG]

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Righto!

9. chinni86

chinni86 Bronze IL'ite

Uhmm, like seriously? Are we actually having this conversation?

10. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

gopinath,

I think a lot has been said about DIL/MIL relationship in this forum...who has to adjust....etc etc...but there is also another person who should learn the balancing act....that is the son who is becoming a husband.