JULY 2011 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by indusshailu, Nov 16, 2010.

1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi All:
    Thanks for all ur replies. It is not I am planning for C-section. I thought doctor may end up asking me to as I am not flexible and pain everywhere due to water retention. From all your posts I am getting confidence i am still not in very bad condition for normal delivery.

Yesterday we had the pooja called "Vishnu Bali" which is to be done in 8th month. It was good as usual. Only we two and my MIL was there for the pooja. I was purposefully doing some cleaning works of pooja items so i have to sit on the floor and get up several times. I would have atleast done for 10-15 times yday. It was tiring but then i decided i would do. But i reduced 10 min from walking in the evening :hide:.

My function valaikappu will be on 22nd of May. This day was Ok type but we have no choice as mu hubby cannot take off now so we have to fix some sunday. Actually 27th May and 3rd june was the dates given by priest to be the best one. As we requested for sunday he gave this date.

Some of my relatives and some from in-laws will be joining us. As for both the families they have to travel to bangalore so only few can attend. But its ok...understandable.

My mom went to our native Madurai on sunday, she told she purchased bangales, and some silver items for baby (item for feeding medicine/small bowl and spoon) . So the first ever item we purchased for baby. Actually nothing will be used. She bought this because in our place we gv little a drop of sugar water when baby born by important family members like grand parents/parents and some close people like our siblings. But it is not the practice thr in in-laws place. so i shud tell my parents not to do that as they might be little unhappy with this. Sad to tell my mom as she got those in full josh :(

Praga,
    I have sweating at night. It is more. It reduced when i purchased cooler and may be now my body developed resistant for that and now sweating even after having cooler and fan :(

I have pain in feet/ lower below (pubic bone)/wrist whenever i change position in sleep. Or even when i get up from sitting position. But it will be there just for a minute or so once im in next position I will be alright.

My water retention is not as simple as others. It is there 24 hrs... morning it will be less...but not mild as u people describe..it is comparatively less but as the time goes it is really like elephant leg. As the wrist pain is related to water retention I am assuming other parts also for the same.

I cant even tink of indian toilet. May be i will try sitting on floor and get up. Sometimes will try that position. But im scared to go to Indian toilets :(. I will miss balance and my tummy is really big and force will be on feet.

Peple seeing me are feeling that I am gng to deliver anytime... that big I am looking :rotfl. They will be shocked to hear still 2 more months to go. Yday also one lady told i may be making mistake in calculating EDD.... is it june or july. She was almost 100% sure that i made mistake or the doctor made mistake blaming these days doctor etc. which made my MIL tensed :rotfl. She told its ok...but anycase be ready :).

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Caramel
    thx for your wishes:)hope it comes true :bowdown

Hi Praga,
    Complaints are common, even for me from past 2-3 days, all pains have doubled and i have become too lazy and find it so difficult just to walk around:drowning

Even I have sweating at night.. i think its all due to the summer and whenevr i wakeup i will be soo thirsty and my mouth would have dried up like anything..:drowning

Hi AVM,
    Even for me the priest gave May 27th and i will be having my function on May 27th..:)
    So you will have some homa right..i have to sit for the homa for 2 hrs.. lets see :hide:

Wow Mom purchased soo many things.. its ok.. let her do as her wish.. fulfil her wish also..just ensure that your MIL is informed in advance so that she wont feel bad... just ask ur mom to tell that its for baby's good and nobody will stop your mom :thumbsup

3. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    From 2-3 days my Loo visits in the night has increased. and I feel more tired these days than usual. Officially my 8th month started from yesterday(as per LMP) and with the onset of 8th month.. i see many changes and differences in me and my body.. My feet were swollen like elephant's feet yesterday(am with u on this AVM).. its common these days but yesterday it was horrible..
    Massaged with some oil and soaked my feet in hot water no use.. my feet were also paining to the core.. was unable to walk around :hide

While trying to getup from sleeping postion yesterday; my sides hurt a lot, my mom was scared, my stomach also started hurting and i thought something is wrong.. but after few mins it was ok... today also my entire body is sore and feel very lazy and absolutely no energy to do anything.. also mood swings, irritation, frustration all have increased.:drowning
    I miss my hubby a lot..and i cry for the same reason:bonk it feels stupid considering the fact that we meet everyday after office... he would have left just 2 mins back and i start missing him:bonk all pregnancy hormones :biglaugh

My exercises have stopped and i feel so very lazy to wake up in the morning to go to office. i dont know how i will manage for 1 more month:bonk

I feel the baby movements a lot these days but its less of kicking and more of movements, and sometimes when LO tries to move around with his head or bum, it really pains and i have to hold my tummy :biglaugh

4. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi all (Long post from me about antenatal classes...)

I had a 3hr session antenatal class day before. It was informative..and I got to know a lot of things which were new. I suppose most of the information is already available on the internet or in pregnancy books for girls who are not able to attend these classes (so you're not missing out on anything as such). I'll roughly summarise what I can recall.

- We were given demonstrations with a doll and plastic uterus skeleton about stages of labour and how the baby actually is born, when we need to push etc.

- When to call the hospital (this may be different in India..I’m not sure what the process is there) – Here, they do not admit you in the hospital until your contractions are established. Doctors encourage you to stay at home and walk around, relax, stretch, take a hot shower etc. Ideally we need to call hospital when water breaks and/or your contractions are almost 20 minutes apart at least.

- Sometimes, we may get period sort of cramps or irregular contractions when we are nearing delivery date such as one at 2 am, 2.20 am. 3.30 am, 5 am etc…then it does not mean we are going into labour…we just need to walk around, take a shower, sit on a chair facing the other way round with legs apart and ask someone to rub your back.

- Also, we can discharge mucousy substance with streaks of blood/ pink stains nearing delivery date…this is perfectly normal and nothing to panic..its just a indication that delivery date is nearing (There is a term for that discharge ..I cant recall now..sorry girls)

- Diarrhoea is another indication. Some women pass loose stools nearing delivery. This is again a process by which body will clear the stools which helps the baby to move better during delivery.

- Try and be as active as you can possibly be - walk, do work around home like vacuuming, gardening, ironing etc keep yourself busy until the due date...it helps is normal delivery.

- Keep yourself calm when labour pain starts...the more tensed you are, the more prolonged your labour is going to be (adrenalin will increase if we tense our muscles, making it difficult for child to come out). Oxytocin (love hormone) is released when you relax and this is very important to ease delivery. Dont try to tense your muscles when you know you are getting a contraction...instead be calm and breathe in and breathe out slowly.

- We were told what to do in case of emergency delivery at home – we can have emergency service come home and you will be assisted over the phone to help in delivery (I wont elaborate it here..dont want to scare you all).

- Information of different types of pain reliefs available in the hospital

- We cannot opt for caesarean here, so we were told in what situations doctor would go in for a caesarean and we should not feel bad in case we have a caesarean instead of labour (some women apparently just don’t like being cut open)

- We were told to have hospital bags ready since all of us at the classes are delivering in June.

There must be couple of things I surely would have forgotten/missed…..will update it as and how I recall.

My next class after two weeks. Its abour breast feeding and how to take care of baby after birth.

Hope this helps.

5. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Praga
    Oh dear!! Go for small healthy snacks when you are hungry like banana, fruits, milkshake, biscuits, dry fruits etc...or have 6 small meals in a day..that should help.

Dont worry about not being able to use Indian toilets.We dont have them here and yet many girls do have normal deliveries. Just sitting on floor couple of times in a day should so the same job for you. The vague sot of pains will increase in the last three months..so dont worry about it,,,its all normal....I was told that when its labour pains, we will definitely know it.

Hi AVM'
    Did you ask your doctor about the swelling, looks like its a lot. So sweet, your mom has shopped all that for the baby. I'm sure your in-laws will understand...just keep them informed...grandparents will usually have different ideas when it comes to grandchildren:)...we just need to balance them cleverly :rotfl and not hurt either of them I suppose.

Hi chotabheem
    All the best for your function too:).
    May be your baby has moved down, thats why you are having more visits to the loo...that's good news. From what I have read, feet should not pain due to swelling...may be check with your doctor once.

Oh your missing hubby :(((...spend more time with him in the evenings then...ask him to stay over at your place on weekends :)..you can spend lots of time together then.

even my tummy hurts after she starts moving a lot..i just talk to her and then she stops for sometime and again starts...she responds more to her dads voice than mine...whenever he is at home, she starts moving a lot....so I ask him to keep quiet, especially in the night when we are about to sleep. If she wakes up during that time, then I cant go to sleep:)...Daddy's girl ...

6. kadambari1985

kadambari1985 Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckadambar%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi All,

I am Happy that my mom is coming this Sunday to stay with me for a week:)….finally I can have some food cooked by mom….

I don’t know is anyone having this problem…its very peculiar…I will feel very hungry…by the time I take food. I feel very puckish and don’t feel like having food only… this is happening mostly in the night times….anyone else facing this issue???

And one more problem I am facing is. While turning sides in the night my hip area hurts a lot. Though this pain is for few min I am scared…next Thursday I have doc appointment. Need to check with her regarding this…

Hi Chotabheem,

I am with u…even my loo visits has increased... for u its only in the night…for me its entire day….my exercise routine has taken a back seat…and I am sweating a lot also…cant stand near the stove for more than 20min…added joy is my rashes:drowning…. As I keep complaining abt some or the other pain hubby teases me as complaint box….:hide:

Hi AVM,

Good dear…that <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> able to sit on floor and trying to be more flexible…but one thing is don’t strain too much and do it…
    Hey even in our family they will feed baby for the first time by using silver items like spoon, and bowl…..inform ur MIL before itself. So that she won’t be hurt….and <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:city> mom also will be happy that her wish is fulfilled..:thumbsup

Hi Caramel,

Thanks for the updates… I was all worried that I will be not attending any classes. I may miss lot of things….

7. kadambari1985

kadambari1985 Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckadambar%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Wow caramel,

Baby is responding to dad’s voice...That’s nice:)…..my baby becomes more active in the night. As soon as I go to bed movements becomes soo strong that I have to sit for couple of mins and then get back to sleeping position:bonk

8. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi caramel!
    Almost every weekend he is with me.. :bonk
    thx for the detailed explanation abt your antenatal classes.. its very informative:thumbsup
    I dont think LO is head down because i can feel his limbs near belly button.
    Will chk with my doc this time..

kadambari, Hip Pain! Yes! Iam with u on this..

Also, i have slight groin pain and pain near the thigh joint :drowning.. its like menstrual cramps sometimes.:hide:
    Now the lower back pain has radiated upwards and started getting upper back ache.. but of very less intensity..

Now, i have started feeling itchy itchy near my tummy, it was horrible for 2 days, if i apply powder on top of the moisturer, feels better, may be due to summer, sweat and the belt?
    i also have started getting stretch marks.. :drowning it was not there till now and suddenly it started now.. anybodyelse getting it?

Even my LO is active in the nights!

9. uma84

uma84 New IL'ite

Chotabheem and kadambari
    I totally agree with you guys on back pain and hip pain. Ooh its so hard to change positions these days. Upon that trips to loo :bowdown. And also that thigh joint pain which you have mentioned. That sometimes scares me but if I change position it settles down.

Hey AVM

Your valaikappu is on may 22nd and my seemantham too is on the same day:cheers. I dont know whether both are same or not. And the best part hubby is coming here next week and will be here for 10 days. Aah I miss him so much. Now me and my LO counting days for papa to come :)

Caramel
    Thanks for the info you have shared . Thats quite useful. Am also looking forward for these classes.

10. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    go thro this link.. its useful. It talks about the do's and dont's to ensure that the baby is in a optimal postion for easy birth.
    Optimum Foetal Positioning