1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

eating problem and tantrums

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by tanu khurana, May 1, 2011.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

My son is 2 yr 3 mnths old..iam a school teacher and husband too comes back home by 4 pm.he does not speak well yet....
    1)he doesn't eat well and milk he don't drink at all. I am worried.. how to make him eat??can any medicine help??
    2) he shows stubborn behavior a lot of time and cry if anyone in the house says anything loudly to him...we feel so irritated sometimes he cries a lot unless until he did not get the thing he wants,he do not stop crying either it is one hour or so.......... it look so weird when we go out...
    please pour in your suggestions......... iam worried how to make him understand what is good or bad for him? he just cries and cries for hours........

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Tanu,

Please consult the doctors right away. My cousin's daughter was like that when she was around 2. They found out that she has mild autism. She is on therapy and medication. Getting much better. she attends school and getting good grades. This is personal experience.

Hope she gets help soon. All the best.

CL

3. akku

akku New IL'ite

Hi Tanu, when you feed him try turning his attention to something of his favourites, like games or toys or music or cartoon filims.
    I try these things with my baby, she sees you tube videos of nursery rhymes , little girls singing etc. Her attention gets diverted and she eats.
    I know too much of tv or computer usage is not good for them, but if they are not eating anything we have to try someway isn't? Still she is underweight:(
    Also what about sending him to kindergarten, may be mingling with other kids also may help. I am not sure, just an opinion:)

4. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I guess many of the toddlers have eating problem, my DS who is 2 years 4 months old also makes a big fuss to drink milk. The only way i can feed him is by showing rhymes/cartoons. Else, after eating 4-5 spoons, he simply runs away. You can also consult his paediatrician regarding lack of appetite (if any). Sometimes iron deficiency can also cause poor appetite. Please consult with your pediatrician.

5. Kalanandakumar

Kalanandakumar Silver IL'ite

Hello Tanu,

Good Morning.
    I am in the exact position now.
    I have a toddler who is 2 years and 4 months old.
    He speaks well. But does not eat well.
    Regarding the speech... I made sure he will learn the mother tongue first so we made sure every body speaks the same language to him. Kannada is our mother tongue. He speaks fluent Kannada now. I shall slowly start introducing 'English' to him now. I am sure he will pick it up. Try this it may help you.

Regarding food... try variety of food. They may like it.
    I am the working mother and I find it difficult to cater to his needs when I am out.
    So i make sure he gets the balanced diet.
    I feed him porridge once in a day. He eats rice, lil sambar and curd rice. very little quantity in the afternoon and in the evening 1 banana and 1 glass of milk. In the night i feed him chapati with ghee. he does not eat anything spicy.. starting with it now.
    I Dont entertain chocolates and preserved fruit juices, instead give him fresh fruit juice and egg white when ever i find time.
    Kaju is good, try feeding him kaju katli if he does not eat dry fruits... i give 2 in a week for my son.

The porridge I give my son is a mixture of so many dals, dry fruits.. my dear mom prepares this powder for my son. If you need tell me I shall ask my mom and post the procedure for you.

Jaggery is a good for of iron see to that you give ur child atleast 1/2 spn of jaggery when ever u have some time.

Digestion is very important so try to give onum water for the child. You have to dilute this with 1:3 water and feed the baby.

My son also does not eat anything at once, but i patiently introduce him to food one by one.... patience with kids especially toddlers is very important

Hope this helps you tanu.
    Keep in touch and let me know if you need any clarifications.