My li'l pumpkin "Adrith" is here

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Ranchu, May 5, 2011.

1. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Am really glad to share my birth story with all. Was waiting for this date for that past 9 months .

My due date was April 25.
    doc did an ultrasound at 34w and predicted that the baby might be little big for my pelvis. And I was measuring 2 weeks ahead.
    She advised me to go for walks and get into labor around 37w on my own. but little one was cozy inside me and would not get out on his own.
    Finally on April 19th visit I was 3 cm dilated , doc suggested we can plan on inducing on april 22, because waiting longer than that may risk the delivery process. we agreed and got admitted on april 22.
    Even though the date was fixed , it was super tension for us to get ready on that day morning .

i got admitted at 8am. the baby monitors showed that I was having mild contractions then but was not in good intervals , got the IV plugged and pitocin was injected for pain . Within 15 mins my contractions started in good intervals.
    the initial dilation was 3.5cm. doc used some needle like thing to break the water. Whooo.. it was painful and scary. It made me wonder how am I going to bear the delivery pain.
    The pain started getting intense due to the induction IV. I was patiently breathing and waiting .
    Around 12 noon , doc checked again and it was 5cm dilation. Doc was happy with the progress and it gave me good positive hopes.
    Around 12.30 the pain was so intense, on a scale of 10 it was 7 . hubby was with me all the time and I dint want to show the stress and panic everyone around me. Doc / nurse kept asking me if I need Epidural . I had told them I'll take epidural when the pain is unbearable. At this point the pain was still bearable , but I was scared that I might get tired during the 'push" , so I agreed for epidural.

I was given epidural at 1.30pm , my gosh , even the epidural injection was painful :) I felt like "oh no why did I agree for epidural ,the contractions were less painful than this".
    Immediately after epidural I lost all sensation from bottom half body. wow .. what a relief, I fell asleep for the next 2 hrs. My hubby and parents were relieved seeing me sleeping. Nurse kept checking for baby heartbeats and contractions . The contractions were steady 2mins apart and intensity was good.

Around 6.30pm Nurse kept checking with me whether I feel any pushing sensation, I dint feel anything due to the epidural. Nurse was telling us with epidural , the dilation should increase 1cm per hr, so by this time I should be ready.
    Nurse checked my dilation and she told us am still measuring 5cm. All my hopes were crashed . Doc came in immediately and checked again , it showed 5 cms . she told us that baby is feeling tired because contractions have been steady and intense from morning 10am . so by this time baby is tired and may cause distress for baby.
    She told us the only option will be to go for c-section.

Even before we could inform my parents, the operation theater was ready and I was hurried to OT for the C-section at 7pm. At 7:23pm baby was born and I heard his first cry.
    He was cleaned and showed to me . He was absolutely perfect and I was all tears when I saw him . Nurse let me kiss him before taking him for vitals check.

When other IL-ites write their birth story , they mention that all the pain disappeared when they first saw the baby. I realized this at that moment.
    When I kissed him , all the trouble I went through during pregnancy was all worth it . He is now the treasure of our house.

Still recovering from the c-section stitches. thanks for all the wishes and prayers you had sent over on April 22. All those saved the baby from further complications.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations dear Ranchu! Adrith...what a pretty and unique name!
    I am glad both of you are doing well.

Sorry that you had to go through the labor as well as c-section pain.

Blessings to little one.

3. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Congrats ranchu :cheers

God bless Adrith .
    I still remember your initial posts in the ttc 2ww thread.. so glad you could make it to this stage finally. Enjoy your motherhood..

4. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Ranchu .Enjoy your motherhood.
    Your li'l's name is too good.

5. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Congrats once again..God bless little Adrith..I will pray for your speedy recovery...:)

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Ranchu... :) Well done mommy....
    GOD bless your LO Adrith.
    Relax. Take care. Recover soon!
    Enjoy motherhood.

7. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Congrats Ranchu.Happy to know that the LO is doing good.My best wishes for your speedy recovery and enjoy the motherhood!

8. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Congrats on arrival of little one...
    Wish you speedy recovery
    God bless
    Rgds

9. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Nice to read this story Ranchu.May God bless you and your family.My wishes fr your speedy recovery.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations. Your little one has arrived in time to give you reason to celebrate Mothers' Day. Wish you and your family a lot of happiness in the years to come.