Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Shyamals,

I am sailing in the same boat; Vegan who always look forward to protein rich items.

Dairy products ranging from flavoured milks to cheese - you have a plenty to choose from in the US

Soymilk - Ditto

Breads which have more protein value - We can make it colorful and tasty with cheese and interesting fillings

Protein powders and protein bars

Please, check out with your doctor, as they say, in the US, all these protein products have steroid content as they are mainly targeted towards athletes.

Nuts

Pachadis and fried pulses from our Kitchen Queen's treasure trove

Sadly, infinite no. of google searches never proved worthy in finding out the protein contents in Indian cooking. They should contain good amount of protein, though.

Love,

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Katti rolls are ideal for packed lunches.
    Thanks, Santa!!

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shyamal,

i would go slow on the soy but increase nuts and seeds (sesame/sunflower/pumpkin) and flax seeds. increasing dairy.

I do not use any of the protein powders/protein bar unless it becomes essential from medical point of view.

from the variety you cook, i am sure your ds is getting every thing needed.

just see to that he eats his quota of vegges/fruits..

initially the kids will complain of leg pain, muscle pain which may illusion you that maybe what we are doing is not enough. believe me it is just as moms we feel maybe maybe we need to put in something extra.

we are vegetarians, no eggs/no ghee. son plays crickets and cycles a lot.

4. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made wheat rava payasam. Very delicious and loved the pressure cooking method. I made with jaggery.
    Also made Go Green Khichdi. Lovely color with methi's aroma and very tasty. Another one pot wonder. I loved the combination of vegetables along with methi and dhals. Thanks a lot for these recipes.
    Regards,
    Deepa

5. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

Thanks Oviya and Shanvy for your suggestions. I will compile it into my list.

The thing is that my kid is a little picky when it comes to veges and spicy.. of course it is getting better each day, so I need a little bit of creativity in presentation !!

chitramma, yest evening made araichu vitta sambar, keerai koottu, okra curry .. in 10 mins. do u believe it , i had the araichu vitta mix in the freezer pre ground and had boiled paruppu as well. so it was just assembling into the cooker and giving it one sound. i was peethifying to amma today about cooking efficiency and she was saying all thx to chitramami :)

luvs
    shyamals.

6. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    I made convelescent soup for my husband because he had his wisdom teeth removed. He really loved the soup. Thanks so much.
    Also made the pulikuzambu which you had given with pasiparuppu dosai. I had done it twice already and we love it so much.
    Love
    Shobana

7. Chitvish

Dear Deepa, Wheat rava goes much better with jaggery in tis payasam.
    BUT please try caramel lapsi payasam. According to Ruby, this is the best of my recipes!!

8. Chitvish

S-s, you ar my sishyai to the core :thumbsup
    Tell amma, Cv gives only theory, I am in charge pf practicals!!

9. Chitvish

Shobana, I specially "concocted" it for a sick friend :)
    Since I don't remember the puli kuzambu, I am tempted to go & see what has mayakkufied you so much!! :biggrin2:

10. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

madam,

saw the post of mango kadhi. do we have it with rice (like more kuzhambu) or with chapathi, which is suitable. I love this mango and curd combination.:) tempted to do it.

thanks

sundari