JULY 2011 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by indusshailu, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

36 or 37 weeks is considered full term not 31/32 weeks. Baby's lungs will grow in the last stage of pregnancy, say around 31st week. If the baby is born by that time, he/she can survive easily than the early stage preterm babies. Some injections to assist the lungs growth will be given to mommy if the baby is expected to comes as preterm.
    This is all i know, for more information or confirmation, talk to your gynecs!
    Take care.

2. uma84

uma84 New IL'ite

Hi Chotabheem and Caramel

thank you for the welcome dear. Yes I've settled down with the weather and local conditions. The first week is the tough part then we get used to the lifestyle slowly.
    As you have said...even I keep seeing the dvd of my LO repeatedly. I've shown the dvd to my inlaws and my parents. they were really very excited to see the cute lil face of their grand child. Ofcourse only my mom knows the sex of the baby. The others wanted it to be a surprise. I respect that.

Hi all
    Even my legs started swelling after I came here. Very mild swelling. More water intake and walking as long as we can is the remedy for that which is working for me.

AVM
    Even my baby is lazy sometimes and very active sometimes. I keep saying she must have genes from my hubby and my Brother as they both are also very lazy in morning times and hyper active during nights.

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi All:
    Thanks for tips. Yes I am drinking more fluids.

My doc asked to keep my legs elevated all time and move around in office.
    I am consciously doing that. I am going for a walk for min 30 min now and started doing house hold work slowly by myself as my maid stopped coming all of a sudden :(

But donno how will i continue as my MIL coming this weekend...she showers love with lots of food and does all work. Hmm lets see... :) I would request her :bowdown

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi kadambari,
    MIL is fine now :bowdown. My prenatal class is on 14th May and the weekend class is on the day I opt.. not yet decided as every weekend is busy :drowning

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip! So which is your native and when are you planning to go? or are you planning to deliver here?

5. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Wow! Great! Today morning i was slightly nervous thinking its just 2 months for the D-day!:bowdown hope all goes well with everyone!:thumbsup
    you are the first in the list.. we will be waiting for your updates!

6. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Lucky you! Enjoy all the pamperings by your MIL. Walk for 45 mins instead of 30 mins :rotfl

7. vinjoshi

vinjoshi New IL'ite

hi all,
    Hope all of you are doing gr8.
    just coming from my parents place. was very relaxed n really needed pampering. feeling very fresh here now. there was sort of problem in broadband so was unable to open site.

any way, lots of posts are here, not able to read all. Got appointment 0n 13 th may for scan. my delivery will be at same hospital.

Recalling all those days in my 1st preg, n getting ready to go in same phase again:)
    It's very funny, I was very strong at that time, saying that I never ever wanna 2nd chance,( as number of things are there after delivery n I was unknown about that:bowdown)
    Girls are transformed in to women after delivery:bonk

My kid is enjoying here much more, she got lots of friends n can go out at any time. as in UK cos of weather she couldn't. Hubby is also getting adjusted in new office.

will try to keep in touch.
    take care every one!

8. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma
    Good to know you have are settling well there...Oh! That's so sweet of your in-laws and parents...its kind of tough to see older genereation pleased with these new things...

Even my baby is lazy at times...scared me a lot yesterday...had no kick..not even one since morning 6 to almost 2pm...I was really worried,..cold drinks, sweets nothing seemed to work..but then she started after that and went on and on :)

Hi AVM
    How is the swelling now??. ..you have a darling MIL, isnt it :)? Ask her to hold back some pampering for later and let you do some work..im sure she will agree.

Hi chotabheem
    You're scaring me dear:bonk...i know...I have like 52 days left (that is if she is on time) or it could be early too....its mainly the pain part during labour which scares me...I feel so terrible with the kicks and rolling at times...so imagine the labour pain:drowning....

9. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi all
    Does anyone know when exactly to buy the nursing /maternity bras? and what size you need to go for? I did some reading up on net and few girls said that you need to go up one cup size and go down one band size...but when to buy it? do we wait until end of pregnancy?

10. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi Carmel,
    I know abt cup size. But what is band size???:hide:. Is that sorrounding area below the cups?

Becos for me the problem is that. I have to go for bigger size becos i cannot wear the hooks in smaller size where the cup size is correct becos i have my tummy starting just below my breasts. But when i enquired in the shop i want this cup size but little longer one for the below strap they told not available like that. I have to go for bigger size and adjust the straps for the cups which is not working perfectly for me.

Even i wanted to purchase the maternity bra but not getting time for shopping :(