Senior Citizen need love and affection

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, May 1, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Senior Citizens need love and affection from their children and nothing else. Some children dont have time to talk to their parents due to their work. They think parents will understand them whereas if they do not do their work properly office people wont understand and their image will be spoilt. If children spend sometime with their parents they are very happy. Without knowing what is running in their parent's mind the children talk which hurts the parents. Children dont do it knowingly. In the pressure of work from office they do it.

If we take care of our parents when they need us then later we need not repent. Now a days since the children are busy and they have a diffferent way of life the parents themselves make them live separately so that the youngsters can have their way of life. The parents need only their children's love and affection and children should make it a point to go and see them once in two days so that the parents are also happy. They expect only love and affection and nothing else from their children.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

ou have said it well, Viji. Children learn form parents especially the affection, respect and love. If we don't give it to our parents or in laws, our children tend to do that for us.

Now a days, everyone is busy with their work and social activities. They have time for the face book and website like this. But they ignore the elders in the family.

we should not blame our children not to spend time with us. We need to be their role model. I am trying my best to do that. when we ( parents) young, we do ignore our parents and elders. when we get older we realize that.

Let us start being supportive of our kids and our elders.

Good day!!!!!
    CL

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

CL dear you are right if we respect our elders, children learn from us and they also treat their elders with love and affection. Hope we are able to teach our children good values so that their children learn from them and treat elders with respect and love.[

4. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Seniors do have their own Face book contacts, and nowadays, as never before, many are getting into social network sites and spend time enjoying company of their own kind.This is really a boon, unlike the 70s or even 80s, when it was not like this, the internet revolution, I mean....

This is more out of love for their children, and let them have their own not bother them with regard to time spent together.How lucky we are, the present day seniors...!:cheers

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kalupatti dear true seniors also get into social network. Good they areindependent. I agree with you.[

6. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Iyerji,
    I completely agree with whatever you say. Senior citizen need just love and affection but I feel some senior (at least in my case) say they need love and affection only and they need more than that. For Example, If I call my MIL everyday just to know who she is feeling, I feel she interfere more with our personal lives. So I always try to keep so distance with her.
    I differ for each person.

7. kaluputti

Dear Renu,

a non-interfering attitude in the parents-in-law also evokes a feeling in the children especially the sons, that they (PIL) are not caring enough about them and their family.The type of response, like for example, yours, put them off, and in turn becomes cause for negativity in a family.

If only there is more open discussion in the relationships between in-laws about the boundaries one can cross with sons, DILs or daughters and SILs etc., , it will pave the way for more cordial atmosphere.

It should always be the elder's prerogative to initiate such an atmosphere, once the children get married.Non - interference in the day to day affairs of the children is a virtue, which should be cultivated once the children decide to marry and start a family of their own.

Alas, due to ignorance and out of possessiveness, parents do poke their nose unnecessarily into their children's lives.In your case your MIL unknowingly starting to lose a caring DIL, and I hope that she comes out of it.

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Renu dear thanks for your fb and I think Kalupatti has answered your question

Kalupatti thank you dear for your reply to Renu

9. kaluputti

You are welcome, dear viji, we do learn, over the years, through mistakes of our own as well as of others....:). Women like Mira, Rani Lakshmi Bai etc, were rebellious, but not arrogant.If only everyone can express their views suggestions etc, like they do in this open forum, within a family set up, most of the ills of relationships can be avoided.

Well, we do not have ideal situations always, do we?

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, I was just thinking on these lines yesterday and day before !!
    How many calls we make to our friends and at work and talk but when it comes to parents or senior citizens staying so far away why do we always complain......so busy ma/pa at work, no time to call, no time to email !!
    I really wonder ma as to why we do that !!