1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share your nose ring story here - Ettukkallu Besthri Potta...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

My God -- this thread is still on ....... GREAT .... mind-blowing

2. PujaSing

PujaSing New IL'ite

Re: Share your nose ring story here

This is Puja from Mumbai, married for 7 years. My husband is a businessman of mobiles. He got his ears pierced 5 years back. And he used to wear studs in both his ears. But recently he met his old friend who returned from UK. This guy was wearing 1/2'' hoops in his ears. He also had a stud in his nose.He was ok in his looks. I don't know what an impact he has left on my husband , my hubby purchased a set of 1 Inch stoned golden hoops and started wearing them. He is very reluctant to change them to studs. I fear him being ridiculed by society. Now he is also considering nose piercing which i can't digest. He has already purchased four different kinds of nose studs and rings . I just can't see him in a nose ring. What can i do?

3. Msoma86

Msoma86 Junior IL'ite

he should not go for it - it looks odd.Tell him that u wont like it

4. Soundaravalli

Soundaravalli New IL'ite

Sunkun Maam:

Now both sides are pierced. I have stopped going to college. Some of my friends came to see me and they are laughing at my rettai mookuthis. They all are saing I am looking very old. I dont like looking in the mirror. My MIL and husband are very happy. Some relatives had come from my native and she was telling them about my rettai mookuthi. She told them I did not want rettai mookuthi but she forced me. She points out my mookuthis to everyone who comes. I feel very bad.The besthri is too big. My husband is always teasing me about the rettai mookuthis. Actually even I think they are looking nice but because of the mookuthis, I am not going to college. So I dont like them. I feel depressed. Sometimes, when I am alone, I remove one mookuthi but when my MIL comes i put it in again. One day she saw me and scolded me. I simply told her some thread was stuck. My husband gets angry when I take out one mookuthi. The left side which was pierced recently still pains.

5. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Soundaravalli....nice you shared your nose stud story....but i couldnt stop asking this question...why you stopped going to college is that because of pressure from your inlaws,DH or parents...or you yourself decided not to go because your friends are teasing for your new look...if it is the reason..please dont take such decision and stop your studies...all the teasing will stop at one point...further if you feel not to go to college..join some distance education and continue your studies...just my opinion..

6. sumith84

sumith84 New IL'ite

hi sundaravalli..
    take things in positive side.. if ur friends are teasing means just for fun that's all not really on the hard side..just go back to college again. india is sacred with customs tradition. recent days all culture and traditions are getting vanished, one day it'llbe complete vanished and we can't show anything to children.see that's how septum piercing is almost disappeared. as ur female just enjoy ur nose piercings don't bother people around u teasing. divert ur mind from thinking about people teasing u. and think how u step further. wear costumes which suits for ur dolouble nose rings and people will wonder how beautiful u r. i dont know who created such a stupid thought that double nose studs make us look old...
    so don't worry be happy with ur piercing.
    urs
    sumi

7. maay

maay New IL'ite

hai soundaravalli you are very lucky but forced to be in beautiful attire actually iam wearing one nose stud but iam interested in two sides but my mom says no because she also wearing one side i dont know how to convience my mom now a days two sides are getting fashion even in foriegn countries just to confirm you watch double nose piercing

8. lifesaya

lifesaya New IL'ite

Hiii,

This is Shilpi from Ghaziabad, my hometown is Aligarh and i m 21 years old.... i m thinking about pierce my nose to wear nosering for 1 year but i can't take final dessigen for do it or no:idea.... I see many girls with wear nosering so i want to wear it too... bt my few friends say nose piercing will be out of fashion soon and few frnds say i'll look very beautyfull with nose ring....:thumbsup

can u help me to take final dessigen....:idea

9. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Yet another make over!!

Hi ILs

Am writing here after a very very long time...

Due to some personal reasons, I could not write...

Well, am back with yet another story of my All New make over...:)

Guess....What am I talking about!?

Well, I have pierced my nose.... Though its not a part of our custom, in my husband's side, they must pierce nose on the left side....

Infact I did this last november - one day before diwali! (See how fast am updaing you people :hide:)

Let me come to the story behind this ..

Actually my FIL was insisting me for a nose pierce since my marriage.... and then started my husband....Though he was not compelling me, at times he says that why don't you pierce your nose... and I keep escaping saying that, when you get me a diamond nosepin, definitely I would....

My innocent husband was thinking that a diamond nosepin may cost too much and didn't open that topic for quite sometime...

And all of a sudden, one day before diwali last year, he said. "Come I shall get you a diamond nosepin".... and I was shocked....

Anyways, I had to keep up my promise and hence I agreed.....
    Same evening, we went to GRT Thangamaligai and got a 3 cent diamond nosering (it was so cute!!) and got my nose pierced....(Believe me....I didn't shout or not even a single drop of tear from my eyes!!)

Though I was not so comfortable in the beginning by the way I looked with the nose pin, gradually I got used to that look .. Now, I have improved to such a level that I cannot imagine me without that cute nosepin...

Indeed, it gives a northindian look to me, which adds to my overall personality... :thumbsup

Thanks to my DH & FIL for this excellent personality makeover!!

Cheers,
    Sujatha Hari

Its been 8 months now ...

1 person likes this.
  10. amcutespy

amcutespy New IL'ite

PLZ Suggest soon

Hi i am swatee from orissa residing in bokaro a housewife of a person who is professional in a MNC. My husband loves nose ornaments very much especially ornaments wore on both side of nose.So before marriage which had occurred last feb i pierced my left nostril. During marriage i bought a diamond nose stud and started wearing it. After few months my husband brought me a pair of diamnond nose studs which are really beautiful and requesting me to wear those by piercing the other nostril.I love those a lot. My MIL and my mom also dont ve the pierced nose. please advice should i go with it and pierce the other side of nose and having it on my nose as very rare woman in our area wear this kind of ornament on both side of their noses.

Yes its true that some yrs back women used to wear this kind of ornament nowdays a very hand full.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011