Acupuncture for infertility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rashy, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Praying2God

Praying2God Senior IL'ite

Hello girls,
    I find acupuncture very interesting. We have been TTC 2 years and i have had 2 failed IUI and 1 failed IVF. the reason the IVF failed was due to no implantation hence i'm thinking thats my issue. medically speaking dh has only poor motility and low end normal sperm count.
    when doing IUI, is it and when is it recommended to have acupuncture??
    maybe i will try it for my next cycle....
    if it doesn't hurt why not try?

2. Saihope

Saihope New IL'ite

Hello Priyanka,

Congratulation.I am also trying to Concieve and planning to go to acupuncturist.I read your review in indusladies and wanted to know to which acupuncturist did you go and where are they located , i mean the address .Could you please tell me the person name who did the acupuncture for you and the neme of the chineese herb .

Please reply to me asap I hope you understand.

Saihope.

3. Saihope

Saihope New IL'ite

@Priyanka,

Congratulation ...Could you please tell me to which acupuncturist did you go and there address.If you don't mind can you tell me the person name who did acupuncture for you as i want to know the chineese herb name.

Saihope.

4. shaagun

shaagun New IL'ite

Hi Rashy,
    I am looking for information on acupuncture for fertility. I have be trying to get pragnent from last 1 year and nothing is working out. Now i am thinking for acupuncture treatment. Can you please share your experience if you have take the treatment..

Thanks a bunch,
    Shaagun

5. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

I am sorry in replying late.Hope the information helps.I have been to a acupuncturist in Dallas,Tx as I am from this place.If anyone is interested I can pass on the details of the acupuncturist.My best wishes for everyone trying to conceive.I definitely believe Acupuncture helps you a lot in overcoming the fertility issues.

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Priyanka,

How does acupunture work? Is it like massage? Do they put needles only in the back?
    And does my DH also need to do it? he has low count and motility.
    What do we need to tell the acupuncture lady?

7. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

The acupuncturist will be using very fine needles which will be inserted at various places on our body depending on the problem.He will be asking us our full medical history and will analyse the problem accordingly.In my case he did not insert any needles on my back.He concentrated on the abdominal area and some on the feet and toes.He used to lit two small herbal incense sticks(like sambrani dhoop sticks) and kept them on the abdomianl area which has the ovaries.So one dhoop stick for each ovary.He said that it will stimulate the ovaries to produce good quality eggs.I was able to tolerate the pain.When it used to be over at the end I used to feel the burning sensation.I also have scars at the places where they were lit.He said the more I tolerate it would be beneficial, I used to just close my eyes and used to think about the baby.He even said that he will remove them If I can't bear the pain.Fortunately we did not have any male infertility problems.When I asked him he said that there are ways to improve the count but it will take time.Morever he said borderline motility and count issues can be resolved using acupuncture.

When you approach an acupuncturist discuss in detail your history and the resaon for getting the treatment.He will diagnose and start the treatment as needed.My best wishes.

8. vchan

vchan New IL'ite

Dear GodGift,
    Can you please tell me if there are any good centers for Acupuncture near your place and also near Jersey city, NJ if anybody is aware of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

V

9. ranagalla

ranagalla New IL'ite

i would suggest talk to soem chininese people at your work. normally they know who is good in ur area. anotther source is talk to ur insurance guys for alternative medicine...hope this helpes..

10. glimmer

glimmer Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies

I am also on this ttc process for the past 1.5 years and have been seeing a tcm doctor since last year September. Conceived in December but ended in a mc. Took a few months break and went back to her this month. I see her once a week and she will give me herbs to drink twice a day. Morning and Night. I will have to take my BBT and plot in a graph and show it to her. She will use the chart to see how my ovulation works. She will do acupuncture. Pins on my stomach, leg and head. I think acupuncture helps in the ovulation process for me. Good luck to all of us.