1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Private and Public Schools: Whats are the pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by lindsaymohan, Nov 10, 2007.

1. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

hii Is there any difference between public and private school??
    what is the plus and minus points..??Thanks

2. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

Re: difference between private and public

please respond..Thanks

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Hi there,
    will you make it clear :
    What do you take Public school as?
    In india these are school run by Govt and it's subsidiaries or trusts while private owned and run by individuals other than govt. or trusts.Please clarify so that i can reply you.

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I will tell you what I know.

Public schools here-the education is free.You can go to the respective public school assigned to your school district only.This depends on where you are staying. Each area has its own assigned elementary,middle and high schools and the students in that area can go only to those schools. .
    If you don't want to go to that school in that area,you will have to shift residence to the area where you want to go.Public schools cannot say 'no admission' to any student.If the student falls within that school district,the public schools have to give admission to that student at any time.

Private schools -education is not free.Infact,it can turn out to be very expensive.The school my son goes to charges $7410 for a yr,which is $741 a month for 10 months.The school also has good ratings .This is quite reasonable compared to some schools here which charge $19000 a yr. We have a very good public school district but the problem is my son's age.He turned 5 only in November this yr and according to public school rules,he should be 5 by Sep 31st to be in kindergarten in public school whereas the private school was willing to take him.But the standard of education in a private school is much higher than that in a public school and students are much more disciplined.This I have seen for myself.Also,you can go to any private school.You don't have to go only to the one in your school district.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Hi

I will tell my opinion both have their PROS/CONS. You will have to check your community website to decide about the standard of your school and how their rating is. In our city for eg, Unit 5 schools are the best and that's the reason we got a house in that schooling division. Also i have my friends kids going to these schools and i know how the curriculam and standards are. Private schools on the other hand are really good because they have to always give you the quality for the money they collect from you unlike public schools which is free. The one-one interaction will be much more in private schools than in public schools but again it depends on how your kid is going to perform.

But in my opinion if your unit schools rating is good better go for it and use that money to train your kid on several different activities that will be useful to him.

Hope this helps

Vidya

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  6. pramiprecious

pramiprecious New IL'ite

I went to a public school and it was the best. My cousins went to private school and have not really achieved anything in life, not even a college degree, they just wasted their time and money. It is a personal choice but it is important to learn and realize the importance of education.