Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear S-s, you are one perfect example of combining work with cooking, efficiently. Your pre planning helps a lot, I can see!!
    Since my maid takes a lot of leave, I too stock milaku/karuveppilai kuzambu, frozen mashed keerai, aappam/paniyaram batter etcb esides uyir kakkum deivam dosai mavu, always!!
    Can you make ice creams, rather if you make one base, you can make many varieties. That is what I do now!!:)

2. Chitvish

Dear Damini, First thing first - buy glucose only from Nilgiris because you get small quantities which is very convenient. If you go to walltax road, you have to buy minimum 1 kg!!:rant Such a big problem. Phone up N g s ., find out & go. Also buy one more pack of GMS. That is used in more quantity than KMs.
    Train cutlets?? That person may not have eaten home-made cutlets!:biglaugh
    Enjoyable FBs, thankyou.

3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami,

Today for lunch I made Red Pulao. Simply loved it. And as I was noting down the recipe, the one above that Foil Baked Rice and Curry tempted me no end [​IMG]. Have reserved it for the weekend lunch :-D.

And here is the Butter Biscuit :-D . Came out very well.

IMG_1106.JPG

4. Chitvish

Saras super o super biscuits. :thumbsup
    They look too too good & absolutely gundu gundu! What secret ingredient did you add, share with us here!!:hide:
    I am attaching it straight away!

5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot mami :bowdown.

The open secret is that I followed / always follow your recipe instructions to the T .

6. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithuma,

For GMIL I made pavakkai pitlai (pavakkai for guest ?), but she loves them. I asked her if she wants it and she was very happy. It came out so tasty and perfect that it was over in too fast.My FIL also visited us yesterday and he went gaga over how i have become a great cook :thumbsupI was so proud. Thanks to you. I made rava kesari,carrot curry, banana stem thayir pachadi,pitlai,mint rasam,applam for GMIL. She relished it.
    For manu, I made soft chappathis..and she ate it with milk and lil sugar. I felt too happy.My baby is growing :)

GMIL is here for a week with us. Inikki i made mint chutney and idli for her breakfast. Senai+kadalai Kuzhambhu,Beans palya,Mysore rasam. The fresh powder was so aromatic. Thanks a ton...

You know how i have come from "no where" to this stage. Please accept my heartfelt thanks.

7. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Madam,

Made cutlets for dinner. Tried your way of mincing the veg in FP and cooking it in MW and then making cutlets. It was quick and easy to make rather than fine chopping the veg fpr cutlets.

thanks

Sundari bhaskar

8. bhanumathy

bhanumathy Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome back. I am fairly new to IL. Waiting to see your recipes.
    Bhanu

9. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

I shopped around but didn't find those here, Chithumma :(

I gave one of the shopkeepers the list of ingredients and he told me that he would give it a try.

Hoping to home-make ICs :)

Love,

10. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made Sabji Dal tonight to go with phulkas and hot rice. Tasted divine. Absolutely delicious. Thanks a lot of sharing such a tasty recipe. Dals, vegs all in one. Loved it a lot.

Regards,
    Deepa