bleeding during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ria80, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ria80

ria80 New IL'ite

hi iLites
    I am a silent observer of this site,and i think it would help me also on my queries.I am 7 weeks pregnant,and today i experienced bleeding,as it would be on 1st day of my normal periods(with red coloured blood), i had to reside to sanitary napkin as well.
    on/off bleeding contiued for atleast 2-3 hrs,and slowly it receded,but i was quite stressed and almost in tears.
    Is it normal,could any of u shed light on this and relieve me of my tension,it would be really appreciated.
    ria

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Please Contact Your Doctor Asap.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ria,
    It is advisable to go and see a doctor whenever there is a change and get help.
    This will avoid unnecessary tension.

sriniketan

4. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

hai

Some experience bleeding during their pregnancy. Even I had very little bleeding just spots during my 4th month in my first pregnancy. A friend of mine however went through heavy bleeding during the first month just like you. She contacted her gynec and it was found that the baby was normal. the doctor asked her to take complete rest for a month and everything was fine.
    So go to your gynec and find out the reason for ur bleeding. Do not put urself in strenuous situations or lift anything heavy. All the best and tell us what the gynec told. We will all pray for u. And dont worry everything is just going to be fine.

regards
    rakshantha

5. Anushree

Anushree New IL'ite

Please contact your Dr. ASAP and in the mean time take complete bed rest.

All the best
    Anushree

6. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hi Ria,
    As all ILites are saying please contact your gynae at the earliest... It will relieve your tension...
    Please take care of yourself

-Devotee

7. ria80

ria80 New IL'ite

hi iLites
    i thank all of you for showing so much concern,iwent to A&E ,doctor told everything seems to be fine,also if there is on/off spotting with brown discharge is ok(as after couple of hours it was brown in colour).
    In the meantime i have been arranged a scan in 2-3 days.Hopefully everything will be fine.
    I thank again for all those comforting words.
    ria

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Ria for this information and happy to know that everything is alright.
    Praying to God that the scan result is in your favour.
    Take care
    Sriniketan

9. ria80

ria80 New IL'ite

hi iLites
    I just want to thank you for all your support......i went for for scan today,and by God's grace everything is fine,i felt so relieved and now pray to God that everything else remains smoothe.
    ria

10. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Good Ria.Hope u r feeling better.I am in the beginning of my 9th week.and my duw is 1st july.when is urs?

Even i had the same problem last week and i also went for a scan.Everything was fine.Also doctor said that sometimes when the uterus elaborates there could be some bleeding.until the blood goshes like normal periods there is no nothing worry.even after a week i have on/off bleeding for atleast 10 or 15mins(brown in colour).everyday.

-Cathy:cool: