1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am a Tyagi, not by choice, of course!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Apr 19, 2011.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

Well said! This statement says it all...i am definetely passing this piece of advise to Rosh!

"I think our success lay in taking up the challenge & merging ourselves with the spouse in the married life without losing our individuality. This needs more tact than easily walking out!!"

Keep rocking!:thumbsup:bowdown

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

You reminded me of Ghandhari, the iconic TYAGINI.

I have come to realise one thing in life, it is difficult survivng with a good person.....
    but don't take it in a wrong sense, as I also know that it is a privilege living with them. Saints say 'Satsang will clean your soul', but you are privileged to have SATSANG day in and day out if your partner is good at heart.

Moreover KUDOS to you for all the control you have and all the adjustments you could make.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Muzna,
    Have'nt seen you for quite some time??:idea
    Sometimes, in life, when you are thrown into "a pool of circumstances", you have no choice but to think & work out, how best to come out & survive!!
    I hate self-pity. So long as he does not interfere in my activities like' "don't do this, don't do that", I think I am blessed.
    I made myself a happy person internally - that was all that I needed to so!!
    Thanks - you are a wee bit too kind!!

4. Chitvish

Ayyo, Mallika, ithu konjam over !!:hide:
    Some things grow on you over time & you get so ajusted to them, what else to say!!
    I read your FB last night, but felt quite embarassed!!
    Thanks for all your bountiful love & to Sudha too!

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amma,
    Sorry for late coming.....Your each thread opens up a new world of matrimony lessons to me....Here I would share this with you n edit it later as I hate sympathies....
    Your thread is like wonderland for me... My DH is very good person but talks very less n stubborn...
    One thing I learnt from you is it is futile to change your spouse who is stubborn so I am going to change myself n emulate your ways thanks Maa...Hope to see more from you...

6. Chitvish

Dear, dear bunny,
    Sorry for the late reply!!
    Your problem should make you feel like thanking god for "hear no evil"!! You can get maximum input to your mind by just reading! Except peraps day to day transactions, there is not much loss by not beng able to hear.
    I appreciate your love for your mom & not wanting to sdisturb her.
    Why only spouse, we can never change anybody. Just accept people & situations as they are & go ahead in life. You will be a happy person with yourself & that will radiate in your personality!!
    All the best & take care, bunny.

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Maa,
    Yes my problem has made my inner ear hear to HER voice...I agree 100% so I have stopped changing him and this has made me see his beautiful side...Your thread reiterated that I took the right step n will hold on to it... I have found my own way of being happy by reading IL, cooking, sewing (this passion made me discover my Wonderland aka IndusLadies) n I love your Frank no nonsense attitude in Life:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown