1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

teeth extraction

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by lindsaymohan, Nov 13, 2007.

1. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

My husband will be having oral surgery to extract his wisdom teeth today..?/
    His doctor said after the procedure he can only have cold soft foods for couple of days..what does one eat post surgery?Thnaks

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Lindsay,

You can give lukewarm stuff. Soft foods can be mashed up rasam sadam, curd rice, pongal and idli etc stuff like that. Eating things like toast, chapati and crisp cereal etc are difficult.

Ask your hubby to rinse his mouth with lukewarm salt water every now and then( especially after eating). It promotes the healing of the gums where the tooth has been extracted ( this was told to me by my dentist when i had my tooth extracted).

Hope this
    Vandhana

3. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Lindsay,

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out (all four) my doctor had given me a list of things that I can/cannot eat for few days after the surgery. You should check with your hubby's doctor as to what he should avoid. One of the things that I couldn't have was dairy products (milk, ice cream, cheese, etc.). However, they had recommended that I drink things like boost??? (not sure of the name).

For the first two days I wasn't able to have much even in the form of liquids. After that, my mom used to put everything in the blender and gave it to me to eat by spoon. She used to put daal, rice, roti, sabzi...whatever it is in the blender and I was able to get some satisfaction of eating out of that than just drinking the energy drinks all day.

Hope this helps!
    Vib

4. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hi Lindsay

How did the surgery go? I too had oral surgery for extraction of my wisdom teeth (4!!!) a few months back.My post might sound a repetition of what our other friends have already said.

I was on liquids for 2 days. You can give him juices,soups and milkshakes and mashed rice or soft idlis. Its painful to chew hard foods like chapathi etc.. As other friends say, ask him to gorgle using warm water with salt, several times a day. I followed the doctor's advice strictly and it healed very fast. He can also have ice creams.(My doctor said so).

Veena.

5. lindsaymohan

lindsaymohan New IL'ite

Thank you very much for ur responses.
    Surgery went fine..He is feeling better today..
    since y'day he is only taking soups and juices..
    Doctor said he should eat soft food atleast for a week..
    Thanks

6. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

just eat a box of ice cream ... this is what i did when i removed my wisdom tooth.
    it was bad as it was growing crooked in to my cheek and was scraping each time i ate or spoke..:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:
    after i removed it.. i ate a whole box of ice cream ......reason .... the doctor was unable to put stitches as the tooth was right behind so the ice cream made it completely numb whole day and it got healed. that was last month when i took it off.
    the doctor only told me to take care for few weeks not to let any sharp food objects tsktouch it.
    now it is absolutely fine ..
    gis-L:queen