1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Arthritis Treatment

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by AnshuSinha, Apr 8, 2011.

1. AnshuSinha

AnshuSinha Senior IL'ite

My Mother is 55 yrs old. She had her uterus extraction last year. Post this event, she has been ill most of the times. She has developed issues like Thyroid, high blood pressure and every rising diabetes. To make the matters worse, she already was suffering from Arthritis.
    She was under homeopathic medication for her joint pain (arthritis) earlier as we tried all other medicines. It was initially improving but later its all the more same. She is having terrible difficulty in standing, walking.
    I want to take her to a multi specialty hospital where we can have thorough check up. She lives in Bokaro but I can take her Delhi/ Kolkata anywhere if there is a doctor who can thoroughly check her and cure her.
    To start with, if anyone can suggest a proven doctor who can cure her Arthritis issues. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Any stories or experience would also be helpful. I am just stressed as I don’t live with her too.

2. naliniar

naliniar Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My mother weighs 80kg and has been suffering from Arthritis for the past 15 years. She took all types of medicines like homeopathy, ayurvedic,allopathy but couldnt help her.They helped her temporarily. I thought of getting her knee replacement operation also. But many suggested not to do as only 50 50 chances are there to recover. So I found other alternative.

If cartilage is damaged between joints, patient will feel pain while walking, standing, sitting. when ever the joint moves two joining bones touch each other causing pain.

I came to know from one of my realtive as "Glucosamine" food supplement. It helps to develop cartilage.Its not that much costly.

She has been using from past 3 months and she feels better. She is able to walk now without much difficulty. She is doing light exercises also.Daily she will apply gingely oil and massage.

Please check the below link for product details:

My Vestige

3. AnshuSinha

AnshuSinha Senior IL'ite

Thanks Naliniar.

i will definitely try this one. Is this available OTC?

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Arthritis is a chronic problem which is best managed with oil massages, hot water fomentation etc. It is certainly a good idea to consult a doctor to make sure that it is arthritis and nothing else. If it is arthritis, they will generally prescribe pain-killers which are ok short term, but obviously one cannot survive on them continuously. For long term management, the doctor would usually prescribe some exercises and physiotherapy. Besides a sensible regimen of exercise, rest and remedies such as oil massage, and hot water fomentation, there is really no "cure" for arthritis. It is not going to go away. One can only do one's best to remain as comfortable as possible.

As for thyroid problems, I assume it is hypothyroidism, which is a common problem in women following menopause. It is easily taken care of by consulting an endocrinologist who will prescribe medication to be taken everyday.

5. robinhoodking

robinhoodking New IL'ite

For arthritis, the treatment being used by my grandpa today is the taking of green lipped mussel capsule with a mg. of 500. It support joints while reducing arthritic pain and inflammation. You can also try the well-known Arthritis & Joint Supplement, the High Potency Joint Aid. They said it delivers a quick & effective relief from rheumatoid arthritis pain.