1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. puttadibomma

puttadibomma New IL'ite

Hi manjuragha and aarushi,

Thanks for your response... I live in Marietta. but virtually live on the net throughtout the day...:)

I am still not out of the 'No place can beat India' feeling... but I liked this place too! enjoying myself and trying to find better ways to make it lively here 8)

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I can totally empathize with this feeling...I felt like that for a long time (specially the first 2 yrs) and still do sometimes...

The best thing about Atlanta is its weather and the fact that you can get most things Indian quite easily. Love all the hilly landscapes too...:)

Have you been any places in and around Atlanta? I like Helen a lot..smoky mountains is also good..if you havent seen the fall colors, then you should definitely go for a drive on the weekend towards Smokies...you are in for a treat...

love,
    Aarushi

3. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Does anybody know any Indian music store where i could buy digital shruthi box ?

Raji

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Raji,

I am not aware of any shop that sells shruthi box. But there is a Carnatic music teacher in Dunwoody called Preeti Shah. She runs an institute called Narasimha Academy of Arts. She may be able to help you on this. Her address and number are:

Address: 4703 Glenshire Place : Atlanta, GA-30338
    Telephone: 770-399-8022

This is her website:

http://www.natyam.com/classes.htm

5. raji651

raji651 Senior IL'ite

Hi Nivedi
    Thank you for the information. I did call her and she said buying the shruthi box in US will be expensive. So I am thinking of buying it in India.

Raji

6. jyothiravi

jyothiravi New IL'ite

Hi Everyone ,

my name is jyothi. Moved to Atlanta Area last year from houston , TX.

I have a 3yr old daughter and stay at home now. Nice to meet all of you , i am sure i will make great friends here.

7. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jyothi,

Welcome to Atlanta and to IndusLadies!!:) Hope you find the site as enjoyable as we do...:) let me know if you need any help in navigating...

How are you finding Atlanta till now? Which part of the city are you living in?

Good to know that you have a 3 year old...several of us have small kids here, so interacting should be fun...

I have a 1 yr old baby girl..work in IT and live in Alpharetta. I love reading books, watching movies, spending time with friends and traveling.

Waiting to hear more from you...

love,
    Aarushi

8. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi Jyothi,

Welcome to the club...I am Karthika,worked in IT and at home now .As Arushi said many of us hav kids here. My son is 3 years old and am in Norcross and I hail from tamilnadu.Surely you will hav a nice time here bcos all r so nice.

enjoy.

bubye
    Karthika.

9. manjuragha

manjuragha New IL'ite

hey jyothi great to see u here. guess no need to give intro abt me :crazy........we know each other anyway

10. jyothiravi

jyothiravi New IL'ite

Hi Aarushi and Karthika ,

I am indeed very happy to join indusladies. I used to work in IT as well, quit last year . So we have a lot in common. I live in Decatur , me and manjuragha are neighbors .

With the kind of gals like you all, i am sure i will enjoy indusladies andmake lot of friends like u all.