1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Is men's perception of beauty more refined than women's?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SproutsOfSpring, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SproutsOfSpring

SproutsOfSpring New IL'ite

It's no secret that women like tough men with a stubble, deep voice and a rugged look while men would find those traits in women abominable. He would much rather stay single than marry such a woman. They like women to be soft, gentle, tender and beautiful.

Do men have a better taste than women? I think so.

Discuss.

2. Liveandletlive

Liveandletlive New IL'ite

It's totally two different views from two different gender.How can it be compared?

3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

LOL! Agree with live. It is like comparing pineapples to watermelons! You could have a) men compare thier tastes in women or b) women compare thier tastes in men. That would all be biased for sure since what is attractive is so very subjective but atleast it would start of at the same level field. Your question does not allow that even.

4. SproutsOfSpring

Ofcourse that's how we are gonna think because we are human beings. Peacocks are so beautiful (according to human beings) and in comparison their female counterparts are very plain looking. Now if you tell a peacock that he has a bad taste, he will disagree using the same reasoning as us human beings -that it's like comparing apples and oranges. So, IMHO, the fact still remains: women are beautiful and men have a more refined perception of beauty :coffee

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  5. SproutsOfSpring

Nonetheless, your pineapple and watermelon analogy was quite funny :lol:

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Hmm???
    Ok, if you say so.

7. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

All the forums have a thread in fact more than 20 topics discussing skin care routine for women, but there is hardly something discussed on men care.

What I remember from childhood that I and my brother used the same soap, talc and deodorants and face cream in winters what was given to us by mom. And after my marriage me and my husband shared the same as well.

But after seeing the TV ads and reading men skin care blogs it made me realize that men grooming products are very different from that of a women.
    The famous Indian brands of

Raymond

Park Avenue grooming products

Premium body talc and bathing soaps

offer fragrances, skin and hair care for men.
    They have become popular over the years with the rise in demand for the same. We must take care of the men we know- say it your brother, dad, husband as they may shy out to discuss this topic but their skin too needs pamper and care.

8. ThirumathiJ

ThirumathiJ Silver IL'ite

Definitely Not. :)

Woman knows better.

Men just have a glance and if they are okay looking, in their eye of course, they view them beautiful. Just based on the face.

But coming to women:
    We know what style is, for example we look at the hair, if it is neatly done from well combed hair neatly tied, plaited to stylishly cut and groomed hair - layer cuts, step cuts, v cut, u cut, bob cut, curly flows, straightened, the list never ends. That's just hair.

Then we look at the outfit : If its old fashioned, new and trendy, is it matching her body type or does the color match her, this list is even huger.

Next comes how she carries her self - from the way she looks, shakes head, open hers mouth, walks, sits.....etc.

Men have no clue! other that then 1st impression just the general face appearance.

A girl might be good looking in a Man's view. They same girl, when looked by a women, and if the eye brows are not done and hair is messy, we can never see them as beautiful even if the girl has a beautiful face.!