1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Horse gram while breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by tommydoll, Dec 16, 2010.

1. tommydoll

tommydoll New IL'ite

Hi all
    I would like to know weather I can eat horsegram to loose weight while I am breastfeeding. As its been 12 weeks that I've delieverd, and would like to loose my prregnancy weight,because I've increased 30 kilos.
    Some one has mentioned that they used horsegram powder and cumin powder and has lost 5 kilos in just two weeks, and I am really impressed with that tip. Can I use that tip whil I am breastfeeding.?
    I am planning to take fenugreek supplements as well to increase my breast milk supply.
    Please help me with your valuable suggestions..
    Also I am taking triphala water everyday in the morning, but I dont see any results as such.
    please friends help me to reduce weight without effecting my milk supply. Would love to recieve everyones valuable guidance.
    Thank you so much
    Regards
    Chandrika

2. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

basically, raising 30 KGS during pregnancy is tooo much. you have totally spoilt your wellness. (had you normal delivery? i don't think so). you can raise maximum 12-13 kgs, thats all.
    answer me some questions that will tell you clearly, what made you raise this much of weight. if you correct that, you can reduce well.

what time you wake up?
    you take coffee ,tea for empty stomach?
    wat time is your BF. ?what you eat?
    do you eat or ate sweets?
    are you constipated?
    are you veg or non vegetarian?
    what you eat for dinner and at what time.
    do you do any exercise in a day? or yoga?

i can help you once you answer these.

(i do help people reduce 1 kg in a day for obese people and 1/2 kg in a day for normal people)

3. tommydoll

tommydoll New IL'ite

Hello Keerthana
    Thanq so much for the concern you showed me.
    Well let me answer all of ur questions first. Yes I've put on 30kgs during my pregnancy....as I gained lot of water in my body during my pregnancy.

As soon as I get up in the morning, I usually take one spoon of amla,with two glasses of water, and I mix it with lemon and honey.
    I do a bit of walking and yoga sometimes, not regularly.
    I usually get up at 6.30-7.00am.
    I dont drink tea or coffee on an empty stomach.
    I have my breakfast around 10--11.00am.
    Yes during my pregnancy, I ate lot of sweets, but now iam not eating sweets at all, only occassionally, during parties.
    I am not constipated.I go to free bowels in the morning as soon as i drink water,in a gap of 15 minutes.,
    I am a non veg,but i prefer veg diets.
    During my delivery, i had 40 hrs of labour.I tried naturally for 38hrs,then i had a epidural, finally cesearean, as my cervix not opend properly. I had a very painful delivery, its being 12 weeks now, so i really wanted to start to reduce my weight without effecting my milk supply.
    Heard that horse gram really works wonders to reduce weight, so would like to try , and am all worried that it should not effect my milk supply.
    Your guidance and suggestions will be much apprecaited.
    Thank you so much for ur concern.

4. tommydoll

tommydoll New IL'ite

Hi Keerthana
    Forget to answer your other questions
    Usually i eat my dinner before 10.00pm.
    and mostly it contains roti...i eat rice only when i go out to parties, and that too ,too late
    Brekfast i eat cornflakes, some times, dosa,chapati,upma...

5. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

it matters a lot what we take in the EMPTY STOMACH. you are doing good thing but do you knw that we have to drink 1 litre of water compulsorily as we wake up? i suggest you HOT WATER to reduce a LOT! at 7.30 am, make Banana stem juice and drink. its super cooling and reduces body weight.

a bit will not help dear. you HAVE to be regular. make a routine where exercises and walking comes regularly. and follow it.it is addictive later so no worries!

fine.
    you are doing a great thing!

its late. it should be before 9. since whole night you have been without food. body NEEDS food. otherwise it leads to acidity and constipation.

you made a BIGGEST MISTAKE. its TOOO bad to eat sweets during pregnancy. now a days everyone forces pregnant ladies to eat sweets which is too bad. this is total ignorance.

avoid non veg when you are not alright and wanna reduce weight. it takes really a LONG time for our body to digest meat.

its REALLY hard to have a normal with your body condition. people feed you sweets but finally you are the one who is going to eat the pains later. am sure it was a Cesarean.

after 3 months you can definitely start reducing weight.
    cut off evening snacks, have Ashgourd juice. have dinner early at 7. (have raw diet once a day, may be dinner. cut all vegetables tht u can eat raw and add salt and lemon juice. this is HIGHLY nutritious so ignore the misconcepts people might give you asking you to eat PROPERLY!

horse gram is a wonderful gram, i dont think it would effect the milk, but i think it would increase only.

Your guidance and suggestions will be much apprecaited.
    Thank you so much for ur concern.

OM MY GOODNESS!! you eat dinner sooo early!! wow. whatever you eat at this time, it is going to convert as fat as you are gng to sleep whole night! pleaseplease change this food habit. dinner should not happen after 7 pm compulsorily! hope u take my words and stop staying in bad health.

6. tommydoll

tommydoll New IL'ite

Hi keerthana
    Thanq so much for your helpful advice. Will try to follow for sure.
    Well I dont want to drink ashgourd juice...instead of that i'll try to do add banana....
    Well today is the first day that i ate horsegram... so just wait and see how i'll reduce my weight.
    will keep updating.

7. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

baits not banana. drink bananastem juice. banana stem means vaazha thindu.

8. devirenukasiva

devirenukasiva New IL'ite

Hi I like to reduce my weight. now I am breast feeding to my son.he is 3 month old.
    I had ceasarian.now I do little workouts.but I want reduce my weight little fast.
    I like to drink horsegram and cumin seed drink.its affect my kid and milk pls help me....

9. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Keerthana..
    nice to meet u and was too happy to know that u help to reduce 1kg in a day... I have 9months baby, I do feed her...I weigh 89kgs...pls help me out what routine I should follow. I had normal delivery.
    My routine is:
    5.30 / 6am empty stomach 1 glass warm water with honey
    7am Tea/coffee with breakfast bread with butter / jam / mayonise / nuttella

10 / 11am have canned juice
    2.30 2 chappathis with rice but if the rice and gravy is tasty I have more...
    6.pm Tea / coffee with some rusk or biscuits

10pm dinner chappathi with some side dish.

weekly once have non veg

I try to walk but I dont..I am fully packed with house work...coz I have to send my other 2 kids to school and no one is there to support...So I am the only one to do all the works..:drowning
    pls do help me out to reduce 25 kgs by june...

expecting ur valuable advise..& help

10. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chandrika...pls let me know the above tip in detail...so that it wud help me out...
    thanks,
    Sharmi