May 2011 MOMMIES...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SriRuchira, Sep 20, 2010.

1. aqua5dreamz

aqua5dreamz Senior IL'ite

Thank You all Mommies for your prayers & support!
    Quite a bit to update from my side..
    I am doing very well this week! No pains..no discomfort like the previous week.. And am so thankful for the consciousness I had then! I and my Doctor were able to help nature in keeping my baby at a safer place for the time required! :thumbsup

I also had my scan y'day - and very happy to share that my baby is doing great! Growing at the right pace.. Has slid down a bit but not too dangerous. But the rest is totally normal. Fluid..placenta function.. cord is not tangled.. weight..movements..heart rate.. e'thing! :2thumbsup: So now I am allowed to do light movement around the house.. but not too stressful movements are allowed! Also I need to keep taking the medication (to prevent further contractions before EDD). My doc says we will be able to postpone the labor/contractions till 36-37 weeks very easily if I follow the routine. And of course we need to - we have to wait for Daddy to fly down ;-)

Funny thing - during the scan the doc was apprehensive that I will get a good look on the cam as the baby has grown too much to understand which part is where! But my LO was so cooperative - he/she actually showed us the face! Very clear.. Nose..cheeks..forehead..fist :)

@Doors
    I asked the same question.. But she said - its nothing. That part is still a mystery for gynaecs around the world - what actually triggers labor early or even on time! And that's the reason premature births still happen.. It was just my body.. But it was neat in giving me signals.. so that worked out well.

@Tanuja
    Yaaa haha everyone is saying the same thing! My baby was far too excited than me and wondering what all he/she is missing on hearing all the crackers and noise and e'thing ..And that's why in a hurry :p

@SriRuchira
    ya any sort of abnormal pain - we shouldn't ignore in these stages.. its always a good idea to check & confirm once and not repent later! i am glad you too are doing ok. take lots of care!

@Gindus
    ya it was scary when it happened.. but being alert & not loosing your cool at that time is the key. after all we are the ones who have to take care of our LO's now.. so have to be strong & face it!!

so lets all take great care of ourselves in these final weeks! all the best everyone!!:thumbsup

2. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

@frenz..
    take good care of urslf!
    @tanuja...good news!!:)my mom reached safely..i was really worried abt her trip,im happy shez here!u kno she missd vizag to mumbai flight as it was rescheduled 2.30 flight to 11.30 n i was like very tensed n worried!luckily she got ticket for very immediate flight n made it 2 mumbai..!atlast reched safely!
    frenz..
    r u feeling the baby movements...i do feel..but not as aggressive as before..light n subtle movements!

3. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

@Aqua: Its soo good to hear your ultrasound went gr8! Great going girl.. keep it up..:thumbsup just few more weeks and ur LO will be full term, then there would is nothing to worry. I suggest you still be careful honey, IPL has started u see? ;-) Especially since future dhoni or sachin is already excited,.. And nice to see how your LO co-operated with the ultrasound, hope mine does that too... mine is on 14th... fingers crossed!

@lucky2: heyyy.. tats nice news! I told you, she'll be fine. But really thoughtful of her to take the next flight's ticket to bombay! My mom is also here. :) Enjoy every moment with her now.. Time to relax!

My baby movements were really strong until last week, as soon as this week started mine has also started becoming very subtle. Infact I was kind of worried if my LO is ok,.. then realized may be its become void of space inside. So have you have started your weekly check ups then? Is your baby head down? keep us updated.

Regards,
    Tanuja

4. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@lucky2
    heyyy ...thts a nice news that ur mom has reached safely n u r enjoying with her now..!! our mommies though are less educated than us ...can manage situations better than us :)..

@aqua
    i was smiling wen i was reading ur post...so wonderful to hear that everything is fine now,,,wens ur next scan?

@life_voyage..
    i have my doc appnt tomo...scan only in april last week..so have to wait until then to see my LO :(..hope LO would ve come to position by then..
    the movements have come down for me also...
    but sometimes suddnly..i feel it turning left right n kicking so hard..

5. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@sridevi..
    hey welcome to the may club :)
    Yes they give only 3 months maternity leave ..n we can either take LOP after that or use up all our sick/earned/casual leaves after that...we need atlest 5 to 6 months before gettin back to office...
    So try to come to office as much as u can(though its getting very very diffi nowadays :( ) bfore delivery cos we need lots of time only after delivery..

6. cinderella

cinderella New IL'ite

even i cannot make out whether the baby is kicking with head/foot/arms...i also keep wondering how some ppl feel the parts exactly.....

7. cinderella

cinderella New IL'ite

aqua,

glad that ur instinct warned u at the right time!! and happy that everything's ok now...take care...

8. cinderella

cinderella New IL'ite

true brinda...even i find it difficult to sit in ofc after lunch...no work from home option for me...have applied leave from apr 25th...so will hv to go to ofc till 21st....finding it very difficult even if its just less than two weeks :hide:
    and all d best for sscan dear...baby will be very fine :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  9. cinderella

cinderella New IL'ite

lucky2,
    glad to know that ur mom has reached safely...time for being pampered now :) enjoy!!

aqua,
    great that ur scan went on well and ur LO co-operated so beautifully :thumbsup

sridevi,
    welcome to d club...yup they give only 84 days...few companies ahve extended paid leave for one more month and then the lop option...have u checked d details with ur HR?

tanuja,
    i was smiling when i read ur comment abt IPL starting after world cup :)

doors,
    all d best for d scan...LO wud have certainly come to head down position by then..

my update:
    went to scan on 4th april...LO is doing good...in head down position...weighs abt 2.1 kg +/- 200 gms...my darling was in such a position that we couldnt see d face clearly...was covering her face with her hands all d time....wants us to wait to see d face i guess :)

10. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Its not only your baby will close the face with hands...

As the baby grows (almost full term babies) will nicely respond to sound and ligth, since the scan is Ultra sound the baby will try to close face/ears while doing scan...

Even mine didnt show the face... making all of us to wait and show the face :)