1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Divya,

Always opt for the fresh local produce as much as you can. You are at home and so you can cook fresh vegetables. Keep frozen cut vegetables just in case of emergency. I keep frozen vegetables in my fridge too. They are handy. Most of the time I cook freshly produced local vegetables but sometimes when I am running out of stock and time I take out frozen spinach and add paneer and make a quick dish, which is far better than eating oil laden outside food.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

2. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

AGR,

Please tell me whre you got Leslie video in Chennai? Thank u

3. DivyaSivakumar

DivyaSivakumar New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Thank u for ur kind words shiva and i forgot to tell u that i'm already under medication.Also in touch vth my doctor regularly. As i prefer homeopathy treatement it takes some time for getting the result and now i'm out of cycle shiva.A great relief for me :cool2:

Sure shiva i'll follow the changes made by u.Meanwhile 'm having some doubts please clarify them .

What do u say about fruits(Apple, banana,orange)i mean how many servings in a day?

For Omelette how many eggs i can add?

As i have to wait for my hubby till 1 a.m, If i finish my dinner after gym i'm feeling hungry shiva.So what can i have at that time.

After reading this it seems that ur working only shiva and do u know what ur salary is 'BLESSINGS from elders ones and KISSES' from younger ones.
    mmuuuuaaaaaaahhhh Shiva.

Bye
    divyaSivakumar:)

4. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

hi shiva,

How r u? I am back still with same weight 56.5 to 57kg. But honestly i didnt diet for nearly 10 days:bonk. I think bcoz of some technical problem in net i cudnot go through ur diet and started to lack my motivation it resulted in weight gain again. 10 days back i was almost 55.5kg when i stood on weighing machine i was searching for 55 then i saw i am standing tthere at 55 i was so happy that day but again i gained it:hide:. I felt so bad. But again i will try my level best. I will follow on my diet.

thankyou once again,
    with love,
    latha.

5. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva...
    I must first say that you are an amazing person!!! To share and help others through their weightloss the way you have been doing!!!!!

I have always been fat and now at 31 and with a C-Section 3 months ago, I weigh an alarming 89 Kgs. I am exclusively breastfeeding my son and worried abt starting a weightloss program now. However I am going to start controlling my binges - believe me, after every feed I HAVE to eat or I end up having very sharp hunger pains. I have to feed my son every 2 hrs and end up eating 10-15 mini-meals a day..

I am planning on starting my diet. Hopefully I can lose a pound every week. and will definitely talk to my dr. abt resuming my bharatnatyam practice asap. ( I was a trained classical dancer and used to practice for 3 hrs everyday and now I realise the day I stopped I started putting on weight..) My mom at 57, suffers from Arthritis still dances for 10-15 mins everyday despite her pains!!!

You and my mom are my inspiration in my weightloss journey.

Thank You Shiva.

-Miyer

6. beautybird

beautybird New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. :thankyou2:
    I am trying all your recipes one by one most of them finished and came out well. You have changed my eating habit a lot. Thanks from heart.
    While making bread should i keep the soft dough aside for 1/2 or 1 hour before baking in the oven.
    I know you make whole wheat buns, pls tell me
    I want to buy a good oven, which brand u suggest.
    While preparing Bhendi subji is there any reason for using mustard oil
    How u prepare Cabbage subji, Aloo subji and pumpkin subji
    I mixed wheat flour and oats and made roti it came out well. Do you suggest any combination of flour's to make tasty roti's (e.g wheat and soy flour)
    How u prepare nachni flour roti.
    I saw chick pea flour, gram flour and besan flour in shop. which one is used for sattu replacement.
    My walking still same for 30 min only. sometime i feel lazy and tired.
    with regards
    Beauty bird

7. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shrisha

I got the DVD from US only. But it is the same as what you find in Youtube...I am having the 5 mile walk which has been recommended by our friends in this thread. you can try that....:thumbsup

8. Mona Gupta

Mona Gupta Senior IL'ite

Help Shiva

Dear Shiva,
    Hi hope you are doing well. Shiva i was monteroring my body weight since 2 weeks, its 78 sometime it shows 77,5 and then 78, at the moment i do 45 min treadmill where i burn 150 kalories 3 times a week. i dont know what fails, what to do next?

its sometime really nasty bez i think whole the day about my weight and then by the time eating sometime i eat disiplin but i sometime i m :hide: i feel ashamed. i try lots of vaggies, fruits, water, less Carbo lets see:thumbsup

thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  9. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shiva. I am indeed swating while doing this. Intially I thought it was because of the heat here (soars upto 32*C). Then I realised I am indeed swating from work out. :)

10. DivyaSivakumar

DivyaSivakumar New IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

As i'm poor in cooking i need some recipes from you.They include

1) How to make chapathis soft vth out oil and also i'm thinking to prepare the dough as bulk and to store it in fridge.what do u say about this dear? Tell me the things to take care while doing this.

2)Mushrooms stir fry

3)Cauliflower,cabbage and capsicum curry recipes.

As of now this is the list 'll ask u again.

Cheers..........
    Divyasivakumar:)