1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Celestial swan or a century lived crow?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Aug 22, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Celestial swan or a century lived crow?
    The question always should be pondered upon as many of us put on our thinking caps when it comes to deciding something. Many a time, our thoughts and actions do not go hand in hand. The best example can be that of what we learn and how we behave. Good habits and behaviors are taught to us and drilled into our grey matters so that we become better citizens and leaders of tomorrow; but is that the case?

Our mind is the best predictor of our well being. I say well being since well being here means mental well being. The world’s best predictor takes precautionary steps in warning us when we go near fire; but what else can the master computer do when we ignorantly touch the hot pot?

The blood within knows what is wrong and what is right. And every time we commit ourselves to wrong doings or hurting our fellow beings, it consciously flows faster and creates a pain within us. Can it flow upside down just because we shut our physical senses to the natural ones?

The natural and energy vibrations reflect a negative aura when something is wrong either with us or our thoughts. How else can nature protect and warn us, the sixth sensed than alarming us in the best ways possible?

The blessed life is a boon and we should utilize the same in the maximum way possible, just like the Lotus which roots out further down when the water level in the pond rises. Have we heard the Lotus complain? Rather it blooms and positions itself in the direction of the Sun. Like the Lotus flower, we need to challenge the challenges and make ourselves to bloom at hard times.

This question suddenly peeped in and knocked my brain doors while I was at Bhajan today. I wanted the same to be shared here and answered by the well versed and learned souls. It did leave me in deep introspection when I was thinking about the world at large and we human beings going inward and selfish, rather than extending a helping hand when needed to the needy. But how can we serve the society when we are unable to serve ourselves and ours?

Are we leading a “congested life”? Are our hearts polluted with negative thoughts? Are we craving for money and asking for an ever-lasting youthful life when everything that’s related to us is mortal? Are we descending the so called ladder of a good tradition and culture? Are we happy with what we have? Are our minds terrorists to our own activities? Are we listening to the voice of our nation?

What are we? A celestial swan or a century lived crow?

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan​

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,
    A very good introspection as always from your side..
    Mm...I am making my grey cells work harder in this matter...
    But it says whatever be the case...our minds are polluted and to clean it up, we need a powerful solution which works its best to remove the pollution in our mind and hearts..

For this, we must like to do some righteous deed ( aram seyya virumbu)..
    If you like then you would find ways to do that..

service to humans is service to God...so let us start from our own house..

Regarding the cultural degradation...first we should stop thinking that whatever is mentioned about our culture in the literature is wrong...we should ponder over it again and again and see to it that how it can be applied to modern day life..

We always long for what others have..eventhough we don't want it...stop that kind of thought in the first place...

To practice the above said and the mind turning against us...meditate...allot some time for ourselves daily..and reflect upon what we did and we are about to.. or simply enjoy the time for ourselves..

These are my 2 cents...

sriniketan

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

A good write up. We are just joining the others in the mad rush forgetting the essence. But how many of us piles junks (physical and mental) leaving it for a 'some other day' which never comes unless and until we make it today. Good deeds need not wait for an auspicious muhurtha when it is done, it makes that particular moment an auspicious one. So let us restart the energy within us, to come out and work wonders.

4. RamyaVaradharajan

Dearest Srini ma'am,

I know its a reply after two years! but when i stepped into IL now, I felt at home and calmly reminded myself "better late than never" !

Hope you will not mind this delayed response !:hide: very aptly said ! mind once polluted, requires a strong internal vigor and force to clean the mess up! I agree completely! but if we take the initiative, am sure it works wonders !

Jealousy and hatred have become part and parcel of our lives.. esp in this cutting edge tech world. Such being the case, its hard to find people with good hearts.. and even more harder for us to stay good!

Good begets Good and Evil begets Evil.. i guess this have become the quote of yester years! Is this still applicable in the modern age ? At times, i tend to sit back and deeply correlate - should this have happened to me ? am I worth this kind of treatment - be it good or bad ? Only when, we, the sixth sensed rise up to stand to our "conscience", the situation will take a U-turn !

Yes, and i would call it, a Journey Inwards !!!! :) do drop in to share more !

Love,
    RV

5. RamyaVaradharajan

Dearest Mira ma'am,

Thanks for writing in.. Literally thought the thread is dead without feedbacks from beautiful writers here.. and you all have added colors and instilled life, not just for this thread, but to my re-entry as well :):bowdown

i liked ur "forgetting the essence" phrase !

very true, why do we have to wait for any auspicious time for doing soemthing good ? according to me, i feel something is good, i just go ahead and do it ! even when i had got back words from the person on the receiving side.. i just do not mind on the "return" part of life!

Always love and believe in the essence of Bhagawad Gita ! Do not wait or expect any returns (fruits) for your actions ! should agree the fact that "Lord Krishna" have been an integral part of my life in guiding me throughout - in each and every stage..through his own signs :) and thru our cute telepathic chats !! ha ha ha, at times my mom and husband says that i have got that "crazy divine wave" and they :biglaugh... i just love Him and his Gita - an eye opener to the sixth sensed at large!

Lets soread the news and together reep the fruits of travelling inwards !:)

Love,
    RV