blessed :)

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by PavitraVenkat, Mar 28, 2011.

1. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Congrats Pavithra.

2. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Congrats.. Enjoy these special moments

3. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Hi,

i'm back to post my experience during my first delivery.

mine is fairly simple one with no twists n turns. i had an elective c-section. the doctor did an internal examination towards the end of 37 weeks. we were planning for the delivery at the end of 38 weeks since i had GDM. the doc after the internal examination told me tat i cud go either for normal or c-sec and explained all the pros n cons of the 2 procedures and asked me to decide. considering my profile and the fact tat i had GDM, doc told me that the best was to go in for a c-sec. a planned c-sec is better than an emergency c-sec. so we decided to go in for a c-sec. we chose 24th as the d-day, the starting of my 39th week.

i was admitted to kamineni hospital at king koti on the evening of 23rd after few routine tests. my gynaec came and told me tat the c-sec would be around 9-9.30am the next day. i was so tensed for the entire day. Next day morning around 8.45am i was taken to the OT. I was waiting in the OT lobby. The gynaecs' assistant came and checked for fetal heart rate, my sugar levels. around 9.30am i was taken into the OT. I was given IV and the anesthesian prepared me for the spinal. it was jus a simple prick at the back. dint feel much of a pain. in sometime, my lower body became still. they put a sheet across to blind me frm the c-sec procedure. my gynaec arrived and started with the procedure. as she was doing the procedure, she and other docs were talking to me making me comfortable. by 9.50am i heard the baby's cry as he was out. the doc told me i had a baby boy :) they took the baby for a wash and brought him and showed me while the procedure was still going on. they completed the cleaning, suturing and took me to the OT recovery room by 11am. i fed my baby with the first milk immediately. slowly my husband, parents, in-law came to see me. i was shifted to my room by 1pm. the terrible pain of the procedure started slowly as the effect of anesthesia faded. my gynaec came in and gave me antibiotics and i felt comfortable soon. I was discharged from hospital on the 3rd day.

For me, everything went on very smooth. never thought that c-sec would be so smooth and recovery wud be so fast. I started walking normally within 2 days frm the procedure. When i took my son for vaccination, some ppl seeing me walk asked me if i had a normal delivery. When i told them that i had a c-sec, they were stunned and asked me to take 'drishti' once i got back home. thanks to my gynaec and all the docs tat everything went so smooth.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good to hear your labor experience... Enjoy motherhood!
    Take care.

5. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

Congrats, Pavitra!

Enjoy each and every minute of motherhood, dear!!!

Will you post some pix of your little prince soon?
    Keep us informed when you have found a name for him...

Love,

lalli

6. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pavithra

Congrats, You are enjoying your motherhood

Please share your little prince pics. what is the name of your little prince? eagerly waiting

7. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

tnx frnds :)

will post the pics after his naming ceremony which is next thursday :)
    we've finally decided on pranav :)
    hopefully no more changes take place on the name ;-)

8. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

congrats pavi .. have a happy life

9. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Pavithra.nice name...

10. manguji

manguji Gold IL'ite

congratulations Pavitra

The moment a child is born,
    the mother is also born.

GOD BLESS YOUR CHILD