Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Shan. So panipuri sans filling!!
    Thank God that your FIL loves your new experiments!
    Forget the choosy person, commenting blah blah..... As soon as such Bhashan starts, smile & leave the place saying, Oh, the milk will overflow & I have to rush!!:hide:
    Now that C & S have vacation, I do look forward to more FBs from you!!:hiya

2. Chitvish

May be you addeed 2 cps???
    Now try with Kolhapuri vellam ( the NI type) available in Nilgiris etc.
    Setting depends ony on te vellam quality.
    In the meanwhile I have got another recipe for mishti dhoi with condensed milk. I will try it & if good, will post it.
    Thanks for the FBs!!

3. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitramma

our friends who helped with food last week had given about 50 or so idlis (all hard and kallu :hide: which we could not use at all). yesterday i made Idli Cutlet and Kaima Idli for dinner using 1/2 or the stock. I used about 4 cutlets yest and froze the rest for later. they came out superb. the kaima idli was a clever disguise... idli section la bakki lamum oru kai pakkalamnu iruken. felt good about not wasting the food.

thx and luvs
    shyamals.

4. Deepa

Deepa Senior IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Chitra,
    Made Khichdi dal dosai for dinner tonight. Lovely green colored dosai and absolutely delicious. Loved it a lot. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Regards,
    Deepa

5. Chitvish

Yes, Vahee, I too have started buying more of fada lapsi. But it is costly - Rs 54 per 500gms!!
    I made methi L bhaath & carrot L bhaath because the latter is a great favourite here!!
    Today I am planning to make Gonkura saadam,but with rice, for a change. You can mix & match rice & dhaliya in bhaaths.
    Thanks for trying Biryani so soon!!

6. Chitvish

Dear S-s, this is the best opportunity to try all my idli-avatars!! They need cold, hard idlis!! Try thayir idli without fail. I make regularly for get-togethers & people comment my thayir vadai is mouth meting! :drool
    Thanks your friends for giving you this opportunity with idlis all hard and kallu:hide:

7. Chitvish

Welcome back, deepa & thanks :)
    My sister Durga makes it for BF atleast 3-4 times a week!! This is soft & easy well!!

8. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Dear C,

I made kuzhi paniyaram atlast.The color and texture was good.I made only 4 as a sample:hide:It tasted like onion uththappam in crispy form:ideaI had tasted it in grand sweets.My taste buds were expecting something similar I guess.

9. Chitvish

CM, it tasted like onion uthappam because you made it with idli batter. Try with kuzhi paniyaram batter for the original taste!! :drool

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

Today is shashti, so i made rice-dhal payasam for neivedhiyam. The taste is soooo good, we alrueady finished 3/4th. I think I need increase my exercise for 30 more minutes:hide

Thanks for theyummy recipes. Planning coconut biscuits this afternoon. Will come with the feedback this evening. One doubt I have mami, is it essential to have FP for trying bread or can I try kneading with hand?: