1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Immigraton Help-contact

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Madhurima, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Madhurima

Madhurima New IL'ite

Dear Members,
    If anybody need any help regarding to the Immigration, please send me message.If it is something common you can post it here, so i can give advise, as a Practising Immigration Attorney.If it is something personal, send the private message so we can discuss.Remember there is lot of oppurtunites for Immigrants,but follow legally,which is very important.Thanks,

Sincerly,
    Madhu

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Madhu!!
    It is good to know we have immigration lawyer in this community.

Could you please guide us with laws after we call 911, what happens to a victim and her status etc.

Thanks,
    Punitha

3. Madhurima

Madhurima New IL'ite

Punitha are you asking something related immigration.Are general any 911 case situations? Before the police come or after, there is so many................can you expalin the situation.So i can tellyou your rights

4. puni88

Hi Madhu,
    I want to know what would police officer do when you call them.
    1. When they would arrest the abuser??
    2. When they would just give a warning??
    3. In case of arrest what would happen to abuser as well as victims.
    --- Jail for abuser, under what circumstances the law would allow abuser and victims to stay under same roof.
    4. What would happen to abuser's career and his visa status.
    5. What would victim be aware of laws.

This is for educating womens who are undergoing abuse and wants to call 911/hesitant to call 911.

~Punitha

5. Madhurima

Madhurima New IL'ite

Punita, it is really great Topic to discuss-
    VAWA- which is Violence against Women's Act,whichis getting more attention now a days in Immigration Matters.When the spouse is abused and harrased, and victim for all these.You have to be really careful and step up.First mentally, then you have to talk to police and try to get as much evidence as you can save for the Process, either to police or court .Give the police the detailed police complaint, if there is any physcial threat include that too.Regarding to Immigration the laws are more favourable to the women who is affecting through Husbands harassemnt, and woemn has a right to go themselves and get status with out depending on the husband status.Depend upon the situation Husbands visa status immigration will issue the Charges.I hope it will help.But it is a great topic which all the Women has to KNow, it is not just to women, it is also for Kids and Families depending.

Sincerly,
    Madhu

6. puni88

Hi Madhu,
    Recently I read in 'India New England News letter' that "Work permits for abused wives difficult to obtain despite of holding college degrees and speaking flunt English' as the law is getting tougher.
    I was also told same thing from my lawyer when I called 911. But god's grace, I was on H1. So I need not have to worry.

Please ans :
    In case of arrest what would happen to abuser as well as victims.
    --- Jail for abuser, under what circumstances the law would allow abuser and victims to stay under same roof.

Thanks,
    Punitha

7. Madhurima

Madhurima New IL'ite

Punita,
    There is nothing called is different for abused wives, when you are applied Under VAWA they will give temprary working permit for everyone.But getting job is different to work permit.

Regarding to (911)-
    I don't know the exact sceanrio, and also only advise but the choice is the client---
    If you are going through the abuse , you definetly call the police and report about domestic violence, you have to have as much as evidence as you can and also dtell as detailed as you can in the complaint.But the police listen the stories from both sides, and they are going to arrest abuser for circumstances, and the judge is pur under bail which is not that much probably around $1000, depend upon the state, but it is easy for him to get out and which you know the situations, they are going to more agressive, though lot of people tells, he is going to learn lesson, which doesn't happen in most of the cases.she has to go through again-
    thats why she has to decide, according to the situations going for restraining order or going for shelter or separation or divorce, if they have kids child custody as abusive husband.Where the court gives the orders not to see the spouse and kids based onDomestic Violence.
    But we have to see is the women really want to go all these, sometimes people starts, then start living in the sameroof , more harrasment which doesn't amke any sense.Also just callto Domestic Vilence hotline and othe rindian , southasian and other Organizations and Women in Distress organizations for shelter and more adivse.Let me know..if you need anything else.Thanks
    Madhu