1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Clean House - A way of life

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by ptamil2007, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Well, I have started ptamil's suggestion of picking up things to trash or keep.

Also as soon as I notice something out of place, I immediately keep it in the proper place. It just takes a few seconds.

If I have to give more than a few seconds for something to clean or organize, I do it after my baby and DH sleep at night. I talk to my mom in India while doing those chores. That way I dont get bored. I have also downloaded an app on my mobile to keep track of things I need to take care of or do :thumbsup

2. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi dears ,

It is really motivating to keep our house clean and neat. I have seen some pics of spice rack clean and very neat arrangement of all the bottles in this site.

If you can post the pictures of your clean and neat home, it will be motivating for all us to keep the home in much better outlook .Post the neat pics Right from kitchen things,rack,sofas , shelves , tables , saree arrangement in bureau , anything it can be in your home. :)

3. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

"I like this " very true :)

4. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Nice tips all of you...
    I am also trying to implement those.
    One rule which I always work on is - Doing a little bit everyday.
    Doing all of it at once, just tires up people and cleaning becomes a chore. But a little bit daily, will go a long way..

5. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thats a good idea Sahmaara!!!Technology does help :)

6. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

It feels really good when a place looks tidy and neat.

Daily as soon as my husband and kids go ,i start right from bedrooms ,corridor,kitchen and hall.....

first i fold all the bedsheets ,put pillows in right place set bedsheets , make softoys sitting in corner of the bed,then setting dressing table ,towels to the hanger,
    then in the kitchen......it will be in real mess with breakfast plates glasses etc,put them all in the sink,jam bottle,butter in its own place,etc,
    then in hall books in the cupboard,set the sofa neatly,pick up the things not belonging to hall and keep in their own places....

this way my home is neat and waiting to be messed up till my kids are back from school.

this is my daily routine girls,ofcourse sometimes i do it little later......

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Nice to know yenetishashi
    I was actually picturising the sequence you mentioned.

I must admit I used to do it the same way you mentioned before I started working

But slowly with the schedule of managing work, home, kid, I neglected cleaning.
    Now with small changes and planning, things are in place :)

8. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Agree with ptamil. I too was actually picturising everything, keeping my home in mind ofcourse...:thumbsup

9. Kalanandakumar

Kalanandakumar Silver IL'ite

Good Afternoon Dear friends...:)
    Sorry was not able to reply on this thread earlier I was ill and not logged in for a while...

I need your advice in having a clean and tidy house.... This is my current new challenge... :drowning
    As I work and have a small kid who is just 2 years old and I live with my In laws (they are aged and not able to help me with any kind of cleaning work)

I work from 10 to 8pm (Monday to Friday) I end up cleaning the house on every weekends... I would not know where to start from... some how manage to do so many things... by the end of the day feels so tired and disgusted..... I want a neat and tidy house despite me working..., :-(
    Can some one help me in this regards so that I have a clean house and spend some quality time with my kid and not spend the whole weekends cleaning the house....

I have a maid who does some basic work every day like sweeping,mobbing and washing vessels.. I am left with all clothes again....
    Some times I will have clothes lying every where :-( I hate it.... :bonk

Please help me ladies... I am sure some of you may be facing the same situation and would have over comed it.....

Hoping for some good responses.... I would like to implement them from this weekend it self....:idea

Thanks in advance.....

Loads of Love - Kala

10. Kalanandakumar

Kalanandakumar Silver IL'ite

Agree with you.... I also try and spend about half hour every day on weekdays and 5 -6 hours on weekends for cleaning :)
    Still I feel there is so much to do....