Tracing ancestors in Tamil Nadu

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Rakhii, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, I need your help/suggestions. I am making a family tree of my family and I must say I pretty much suck at it. My grand mom was the only daughter and my grand dad was the only son. Being such a small family, I proceeded directly to my great grand parents...

Now, one set comes from KaveriPakkam in Tamil Nadu. I know they names but that's pretty much all I have got. For me to know more about them and their parents, how should I proceed?

I thought I would reach a temple or a municipal office (over phone) and ask them if they keep any old records of birth/death. But I am unable to get a contact number.

My great grand dad was born in 1895. But i want to know his siblings, or his parents details. I dont have anyone alive with me to give me this information dated such back.

Any suggestions ladies?

2. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

3. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Kaveripakkam is in North Arcot Dist. Near Walaja Road. It is very small village. Mention your caste then let us try.

4. jsriramin

jsriramin New IL'ite

Hi Rakhii,

had you made any headway in finding your roots. If not, pls do confirm back.

5. sherapova

sherapova New IL'ite

In India records are not full computerized. most of the old records will be either lost or damaged. Of course you can try from some body from the village they hail from.. U don't get much positive response from municipal office etc. Now as the govt is issuing Aadhaar no/UID no for every citizen, electronic records will be stored for centuries.so that it might be helpful for future generations.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013