1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ridiculously-nasty

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sita2223, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Saumyamom

Saumyamom Silver IL'ite

yes this is extremely ridiculous and supremely nasty ,CAnt believe that those idiots had actually the balls to make you read it aloud,They seem like blood sucking leeches

2. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

What does she mean...? Is that H should not be making you pregnant OR H is not allowed to make you pregnant if it is after 2 yrs and there is some other way out ...since he is a small innocent kid...
    Some Swami or something...I hope she is clear on that ! :rotfl:rotfl

3. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

DEAR rms1
    They are Bloody BullSh*t Folks..good you got rid ASAP from them..I hope you live a good life ahead and forget all this Old Chapter as it is closed and no more part of your life .Ofcourse you can vent it put here ..for your emotional health. You had the right to not stay in an abusive and mad relationship !! Good! ...Be a smarter person by your experience and WE ALL LOVE YOU !!

And dont forget "Maa Baap ko Bhulna Nahin"... ;-) I mean your parents....

-inc

4. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

This happened just yesterday. My younger sister has just had her second baby, exactly a month back. It was an emergency C-section in Bangalore. Due to certain family circumstances, my mom had to return to Chennai on the 11th day itself. My sister came with her two children as soon as the doctor said she could travel, which was last week. My mom invited a few select people for the 'cradle ceremony' which my in-laws could not attend as my dad-in-law was sick. They decided to see the child y'day. All fine till then.

They call my mum up and say that they will come around 3.00 pm (I was actually on another line talking to my mum when my mum-in-law called). My mom asked me to put the phone down, as she said she had to get things ready for them when they came (in about 2 hours). I asked my mum to make sure that my niece (4.5 yrs old) would be up. Now, my niece can get a bit moody in front of strangers. She has not met my in-laws often, and the only times she has met them were when she was well rested and in a fairly decent mood...:hide: And she doesnt talk to you when you meet her first, she takes a bit of time to warm up and start talking to u.

So my mum had been trying to get her to stay awake, till about 4.30 when my in-laws reached. My niece was at her crankiest best, she had not talked much. (My mom says that she did talk to them eventually, for a few minutes, ie replied to questions that were put to her). My mom-in-law tells me today morning 'Charu did not talk to us, even after I gave her a packet of cream biscuits!! Chinna kozhandhai sirichu pesi, veetuku vandhavala vaa nu kuptu, kadhava thirandhum, thanni kuduka vendama??' (A small child should invite people, ie make them feel welcome, open the door of the house , and give them water to drink when guests come!!) For pity's sake, she is 4 yrs old, maybe some children can, but not all of them can, and my niece certainly cannot hold two glasses of water on a plate!! She is bound to drop them!. I was astounded when she said that!! She was also upset that my sister didnt come running to receive them!! I mean, she is a nursing mother, who was trying to get her month old son to sleep! What had happened was my sis also slept along with him, and my mom didnt realise that until she went to call my sister....who came after my mum called her. My niece who was forced to stay awake for the VIPs had become cranky and my in-laws tell us that they were not made to feel welcome by the child!! Oh and she did say that my mum had her hands full what with two children, an aged father-in-law at home!! (My grand father is 95) And then she went on to lecture me about how a mother who has just given birth should be treated, ie, that she ought not to be disturbed and that she had to rest as much as she can!! She also said that the guests who come to visit should not expect the nursing mother to come out of the room!! Oh, but they can expect her to drop everything and come out to see them !! (I am already dreading my pregnancy on this account :-( )

I cant still get over this.....but at the same time, I couldnt help laughing at my in-laws' expectations as well!!

Mythili

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  5. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Dear Mythili!!!

You should be very glad that your inlaws ONLY expected your 4 year old niece to open the door, welcome them and get water!!! :bowdown

They really did you a HUGE FAVOR by not expecting the 1 month old BABY to bring hot samosas, bajjis and payasam!!!!
    :rotfl

Keep smiling
    Harini

1 person likes this.
  6. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

OMG! I love what you said. I wish I was awake and had this much sense before. i had to take professional help to become normal. I almost went into depression. (just 1 step away from starting meds)

7. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OK here goes mine

MIL once told me that when DH was a kid, some astrologer had told her that his wife would not be very good-looking, and that she cannot expect a looker as her DIL. :rantCan you believe she said this to me; I mean what was she expecting me to say ?! I was like "uh...ok...":spin If she had not said this in my house I would have retorted.
    I mentioned this to DH some days later and he said "you should have told her that when you were a kid, an astrologer had said that your MIL would be ugly"

I am quite fond of FIL, nothing nasty here...but something I still laugh about. Some days after DS was born, MIL called and told me that dad (FIL) had a suggestion regarding the baby's name. I told her that we had already applied for the Birth Certificate. She said that FIL had suggested that DS's surname be DH and my names put together. The combined name sounded SO ridiculous, it took every ounce of my willpower to stop myself from bursting out laughing on the phone. I thought "my son will kill us if we punish him with such a name":rotfl

8. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

I understand that the combined name might have sounded ridiculous, but I think it was sweet of your FIL to say that. Many women I know, would love to have some part of their name in their children's name, but their husbands and inlaws dont allow them to.. Infact one of my friends, poor thing, she had no say in the naming (first name) of her child.. I felt very very sorry for her, because I cant imagine how she didnt have the guts to open her mouth against her husband and her nasty inlaws, when it came to such an important decision of her kid..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  9. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

Yes FIL is very sweet usually, not nasty at all! I think of him as my dad.
    Just thought Id post that cos it was funny:)

10. njsa

njsa Senior IL'ite

i am a silent reader here and like to share one story among thousand to share with u.

after my marriage when ever i stay inside our bedroom talking with my hubby,my MIL wait out side and as soon as i come out she go inside and LOCK the door and talking with my hubby(her son).if i stay little long she knock the door and telling me to do some work in kitchen.
    also now as i living in abroad,during our vacation 4 days we stayed in my parents home.but MIL with my 2 SILaws who still not married also came and stayed with us coz she dont like we staying in my parents home alone..and 2 days she slept in the room which arranged for me and my hubby to sleep.my hubby slept on the bed and she on the floor while i went and slept with outside with my sister.my H was angry and 3rd day said Mil to go and sleep where SIL's are sleeping.
    she do many things like this but this two are special which make me really laugh.:rotfl