1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tina,

A slight increase in weight can be due to the periods. Usually, the increase in apetite during periods is because of increase in metabolic rate. So, you will be back to your lower weight.

Keep me updated. You are doing great, keep it up.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

2. shivachoubey

Dear Ridha,

Lots of hugs to you.

Losing and gaining weight is not the be all and end all of life. Never be ashamed of yourself. You have your own set of struggles with your small kids and balancing a weight loss is challenging. At least you are trying.

I met someone, who was atleast 120 kgs. She has two small kids and she looked at me and said I can only admire and appreciate you but I can never do it myself. She has just lost her hope and did not want to even try. So, Ridha till there is hope in your heart believe me you are doing good. Never give up hope. You never know what you are capable of, so never under estimate yourself.

Then firmly correct them. As a rule I never ask a woman if she is pregnant or not, until she is obviously pregnant (near her due date) or she informs me. I have been asked this question myself many times. Its not your fault, its the fault of the assumptions that people make.

The best part about huge tummy is that once you lose weight fat from this area will also go but you have to be patient and persistent.

Starting all over again is far better than giving it up. Its tough but not impossible.

If your life is hectic then do take out time to make a schedule. A schedule will always get you started. The first time I read this tip on net I just did it for fun but it worked. So, I value this tip. Take out time when your kids are asleep and figure out a schedule. Talk to your husband and see where he can offer his support.

Whatever is happening its not worth thinking over and over again. If there is a thought which is just stuck in your mind, then that thought is not helping you. Free yourself from all negative thoughts.

Depression, feeling low, irritated, frustrated are a part and parcel of life. We cannot escape them. SO the best way to deal with them is to recognize them.

A simple NLP technique is to blank your mind and stop the internal conversation (very difficult to do) but once you feel that blankness in your mind you will feel peace and then start over again with a positive internal conversation.

So come back with a plan. I am always here for you. Sooner or later you will complete the journey, just don't leave it in middle. The thing is to complete it no matter what.

Lots and lots of love to you.

regards

3. shivachoubey

Dear Pragdha,

Good work. Walking for an hour will really help you.

Your diet is fine but do make changes to your dinner. Bread sandwich or kubbboos is simple carbs. Try going for daliya, multigrain roti or soups and fruits (this will cause further dip in the weight).

Good work for drinking more water.

Have a great day ahead,

regards

4. Mona Gupta

Mona Gupta Senior IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Shiva,

thanks once again
    this is my mealplan

Breakfast: 1 cup tea(without sugar) with brown bread 2 thin slice with less% Butter( Rama) i used just little bit of this

Snack: Apple most of the time (sometime banana) or 3 spoons Musli (i put this is half glass warm water, so that ist soft and with few drops milk it taste great)

Lunch: Daalrice(small portion with curd) with lots of salad or Pasta with Salad or Soups

Snack 1 cup tea with 2 biscuits or a fruit

Dinner: 2 Roti with sabji or daal

I will see that i should do now on treadmill more then 45min.

My day routine is very fast and busy, i try to sleep 8 hours sleep so that i can be fresh next day.

Regards
    mona

5. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

As you know I have been ill off and on, and due to this, my exercise routine has completly gone haywire. I used to have so much of determination to go to the gym daily and used to push myself.. Nowadays somehow its like everything else has priority except exercising.. I feel so ashamed, because I really had got my weight under control, learnt very healthy habits. Now also, I havent gained weight, but I look more flabby near my stomach.. and arms and face... I am scared if I will gain weight and all my efforts will go down the drain :hide: Nowadays even if I go to the gym, I dont have that drive to do a 45 minute work out. Within in 20 mins, I just feel like stopping....

6. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

I really appreciate you for your contribution to this thread. Ok Finally I am here after reading your posts for a very long time... I have never thought I need to loose weight.. but now that I can see tyres in waist, I feel I can no longer weight.. My DH is so upset for me being this out of shape.. I am not too overweight, but I am completely out of shape.. I feel by reducing few kilos and doing a little work out, I may get back to some shape.. I need a good diet plan for myself now.. I am 154cms and 59 kgs. do u think, 54 kgs would be the ideal weight? I work sometime between 12-8pm now, and my problem is i eat a light breakfast, and i finish my lunch at home when I start at 12.. so, by 8, I will be very hungry and i am having a heavy dinner coz of this.. If you can suggest me a good diet plan, i can start following that.. I need some inspiration now to do this, as there are too many things around me running and I mostly miss this or give least preference to this..

Thanks in advance,
    Vidyaa

7. anandvaruna

anandvaruna New IL'ite

Hey Shiva :thumbsup

As told you earlier i have been eating unhealthy and being a punju gal gave me this liberty to eat oily and unhealthy to the maximum! We make oily food, eat fried things, sweets are always there to satisfy Punjabis!!

So this time i tried to change that and opted healthy over heavy food. Have started doing early morning workouts in gym for 1hr. and sometimes going for evening walks for half an hour more!! I had some doubts, and will like to discuss with you:

1. During chums (as you call them), my good habits goes for a toss and i eat everything i lay my eyes and hands on. I cant control myself at that point of time inspite of knowing these things are ruining my health. i start eating like a Hippo!! and hate myself for eating junk but cant help it. i have started controlling things but still its bad specially during this time.

Tell me how i can rectify my "Mahi Way"- Syndrome?

2. i am having inch-loss as my suits and shirts gives me clues. But my arms dont look like me, they look like they are some aunty's :drowning Flab from arms refuse to budge. What will make them less fleshy?

3. I try to do Kapalbhati kriya but problem is that i eat at every 2-3hrs. how i can adjust my time so that i can still do kapalbhati?

4. I love home made Brown bread/ multi grain sandwichs full of veggies n paneer ( no butter, no mayo only salt n black pepper) once or twice in a week. White bread is a rare.
    So, Avoiding/ Replacing white breads with these two breads helps na?

Thnxx as always for ur help:)

U Rock!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  8. beautybird

beautybird New IL'ite

Dear Shiva
    Thanks a lot for your reply.:hatsoff
    Did u used Pedometer. Is it useful in weight reduction.
    Do you know anybody reduced tummy by tummy massage
    Is yeast good for health?
    I think you are good baker too. tell me how to bake wheat bread/brown bread at home
    What brand you recommed to purchase for Jowar flour, makkai flour, bajra flour, wheat bran, wheat germ and sattu flour
    Will u use white pumpkin, snake gourd and beetroot in your diet
    People say papaya increase the body heat, now it is summer and my body also already a heat one. and water melon also when i eat i get cold. so what can i do? both fruits are only low calorie fruits.:drowning

with regards
    Beauty bird Computer Typing

9. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Thanks shiva,

I will do as you said. I will eat sandwich with brown bread in evening with coffee and for night will that be ok if i have 1 cup of multi grain kanji( as i always like that it will be filling and no need to drink milk seperately)? Thanks in advance.

with love,
    latha.

10. MD0303

MD0303 New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Thank you so much for your reply....I will definately try out this weekend...what you said..will keep you posted...thanks once again for your answer..