Ask Questions To IndusLady about IL FORUMS

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by laksn, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Ask Questions To IndusLady !!!

Dear Malathy,

Let me thank you for opening my blog access. I have a query. In the "Quick Links" field on the purple bar, we have "Subscribed Threads". Thats fine. I can quickly access to my "Subscribed Threads". Now the question is when I have to hit on the "Threads started by malspie" how do I get a quick link. Its quite time consuming as this is not provided in the "Quick Link" field on the purple bar.

Can you guide me... :idontgetit::spin

2. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

hi

is it ok to post a link to a photos site (like flickr)? .....i've seen many pictures being posted but is the link permitted?

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello essvee,

We have feature to attach photos here directly to your posts via manage attachments or by using the "insert image" icon shown below that is available in the message window.
    [​IMG]

That makes it convenient for members to view the pictures staying in our site itself.

What photos do you want to link to flickr? (private message details to induslady). Hope if they are not many you upload it here.

4. Induslady

Malspie,

We recently added quick links for subscribed blogs and blog entries.

Refer this announcment - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/announcements/15041-bunch-new-menus-purple-bar.html#post167241

5. Induslady

Hello Bhargavi,

Click on the menu UserCP in the above purple bar.
    Click on 'Edit options' in the Control Panel -> Settings & Options in the left menu.
    In 'Edit Options' page, scroll down to Miscellaneous Options section. There you should have 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing' chosen from the drop down for Message Editor Interface.

Inspite of choosing the same, if the tools for formatting on the message window is not working, it is because of the capabilities of your browser. Note this message shown in the Miscellaneous options section.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathy,

I am going to bore you with my queries, please forgive me... I am doing too many things at a time now, hence do not have time to navigate and learn.. Please help me to give link to my blogs in my closing signature. You have mentioned it is possible to give links to our blogs... Can you guide me ...

7. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

Hello IL Admininstrator,
    I am unable to view IL site when I am connected through VPN. I thought the site was down for many days, today when I accidentally had VPN disconnected and realized the VPN is the issue.
    Pls let me know if you hv a workaround for the issue.
    thanks,
    Mythili

8. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi All IL Members

I am very much interested to be one of you, but I am confusing how to operate the threads. pls pls pls help me. When I hv filled up my personal data several times, still it is not accepting n repeatedly asking about my data to retype. I do not know how to complete it. I want to participate in yr programs but cudn't. pls help me.

M.S. Lakshmi, Hyderabad, A.P. India

9. Induslady

Looks like you have already figured out how to give links in the signature. Great! For other members still wondering how to go about it, please see here.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. Induslady

Hello Mythili,

I am afraid if we would be able to give you any workaround solution for this issue. We are not doing anything to block access to those connecting thro' VPN. I guess it's your VPN restricting access to sites. May be try to figure out if there is an option in your VPN configuration to include our site as a trusted site. Then you should be able to access, I guess.

Sorry I am not able to think of anything else to help in this case. If I come to know anything shall let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.