1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

helo shiva,

Thankyou once again. I already started off what you said. I read your diets and i started following that. Especially i love your afternoon meal a bowl of dhal, rice and veggies. I alternated a little by cooking more veggies with dhal and adding little sambar powder it was awesome i had it for lunch with little rice or half roti. I am planning it for dinner also sometimes i have a bread sandwich and salads and fruits. For the past two days i am not getting hunger in night. I think my body had adjusted with my diet. I am drinking more water now a days (which i dont do before) and i feel light. I didnt see my weight and i have planned to see that only on 31st. So 1 more week to go to know about my progress. Thankyou once again.

with love,
    latha.

2. sunsug

sunsug New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Just wanted to tell you, I attended toastmasters club for the 1st time in my office and I was given a topic to talk about 2 mins on "Who inspired you most" and needless to say I spoke abt you!... really I hope to shed 5kgs by Sep2nd to Celebrate my son's first bday!

Regards
    SunSug

1 person likes this.
  3. Mona Gupta

Mona Gupta Senior IL'ite

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Shiva

Hope you are doing well.
    I have a Questiona as always: Is our Indian food is (how we cook) reamins Vitamins. Most of the time i saw we cook till Sabji is Goldbrown by the time Vitamins are dead. I m trying to follow this foodplan bez i work 8-4pm.

Pls check this out and give me some valuabel suggestions, i try to make combination of Raw Vegetables and Indian food.

Breakfast: 1 cup tea(without sugar) with brown bread 2 thin slice with less% Butter( Rama) i used just little bit of this

Snack: Apple most of the time (sometime banana) or 3 spoons Musli (i put this is half glass warm water, so that ist soft and with few drops milk it taste great)

Lunch: Daalrice(small portion with curd) with lots of salad

Snack 1 cup tea or a fruit

Dinner: 2 Roti with sabji or daal

I hope ist right.

Lots of thanks

Can you write some basic streching excerciese for daily routine 10-15min.

4. sangee81

sangee81 New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Do u Remember me? I'm in page no 557. I lost 6 kg. Thanks for lot of informations and Recipes. I am still stick in to my diet plan with some modifications .My goal is to lose 5 more kgs. I want to buy a small grill to avoid oil products. Any suggestions plaese. I want to share my routines. it has 5 simple rules .Maybe it helps someone like me.

1. I'm a member of Spark People.com. (free site,Free aps). To follow my Calorie intake, calorie burned, water intake. It helps me a lot.

2. U know, i usually don't drink much water. but i have to drink at least 8 glasses of water. I found Aps "Drinking water" everyday. Now i am drinking 10 cups 12 ounces glasses of water.it keeps remind me to drink. it's like sms(u can set ringtones).

3. Walking, small exercises. Fun.

4. the important point is i have my dinner at 6.30 or 7.00 p.m. and i have a glass of milk at 8.30 or 9.00 p.m . Drinks two more glasses of water before going bed.

5. . My doctor give some suggestion like eat small portions. 5 meals a day.
    it works for me. I don't skip any of fav foods. Here's my food plan

a. 7.00 a.m - A cup of coffee with fat free milk and sweet and low(doc suggestions).

b. 8.30 a.m - breakfast - A slice of bread with 1 tsp peanut butter. OR
    k special cereal 3/4 cup with 2% milk OR a bagal (half portion ) with 1 tbs of Cream cheese OR oats raisins with salt and water .

c. 10.30 a.m - A fruit or a green tea.

d. 12.00 p.m - lunch- 2 chapatis with gravy (3 tbs) and salad.Or Rice 1/2 cup, rasam, and i grilled chicken drumstick or i piece grilled fish.Or curd rice.

e. 3.00 p.m - Yogurt cup( activia)

f. 4.00 p.m - A friut or Mixed nuts Or A slice of bread with 1 tsp peanut butter. OR k special cereal 3/4 cup with 2% milk OR a bagal (half portion ) with 1 tbs of Cream cheese OR oats ,raisins with salt and water .

g. 5.00 p.m - A cup of coffee with fat free milk and sweet and low(doc suggestions).

h. 6.30 p.m or 7.00 p.m - Dinner. Idli's, dosa's, Upma's, kitchadi. Whatever minimum 2.

i. 8.30 p.m a cup of milk.Or a small portions of fruit.(mostly cantaloupe)

between this i had lots of water.. above my menu calorie is in between 1200 to 1500. That's it..

Thank u
    sangeetha

5. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva and all my dear friends,

Just dropped in to say HI :hiya. Here nothing much is happening. Just been sick for a while. I am still not totally ok. Atleast its now spring and it feels good to see some sunlight.......

Shiva, hows your weight loss going on? Any new pics of yours? I keep making your recipes most of the days... When I feel low, I open your blogs and I try to encourage myself... Thanks Shiva for being there for me ...

LS, hows you work out routine going on? Mine is not so good as I am not keeping well.. But I am still hoping to reach my goal of 2 kg by May end...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Contented,

Hey what happened dear? Take care care of your health, that is the first priority. Once health is there, rest will follow.

My WL is going great...almost down by 5kgs now...so 1 more to go for my target of 6kgs. I hope I exceed my target. My trainer says I can do that easily....let me wait and watch... but I am quite happy with the progress now :)

7. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Shiva

How are you? This morning, I was having my tea with veggie sandwich and was missing my days when I used to struggle to get my Ph.D, you had helped me a lot around this time last year when I first bugged u with my weight loss things.

So, I went back online to thsi time of the year in the weight loss forum, and went through each of my posts and your detailed motivating answers. I copied them in a separate word document to bring me back on track. Now, I have the first 10/12 posts of yours saved with me where you had pushed me in the right direction. I am starting this thing again with renewed energy and detrmination.

In this last yr, I was not very strict and did not follow anything as a rule and didnt make very strong habits, thats the reason- I lost 5 kgs only, overall. I was doing good until november but after that things changed and then more worst challenges of job search/visa issues were rolled on to me..... but now, I have determined that wherever I am, in whateevr situation I am, I should follow minimum basic habits of diet and exercise which wud eventually better my life rather than just not following them and simply giving up.

I am in a lot better situation now from last yr, coz I know firstly that I can lose weight (I had lost on it)-and this was my 50% obstacle.
    I know that diet and exercise works! I have learnt portion control and choosing healtheir options.

I would like to take a moment of appreciation for you, a big THANK YOU!! for helping me out.

Lots of love, hugs, and best wishes :)

Misha!, Misha is going to bust this yucky fat by this summer and strut arnd in the dresses she always dreamt to be in, and she wud keep you all posted!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mihi,

Welcome back with a bang!!!

This is is the spirit Mihi we need for WL. Till now I was also not that quite serious maybe health and other reasons but once I joined gym and seeing the scales going down literally soars our confidence and hope nothing can stop us till we reach the target.

Plan your diet with a help of a nutritionist so that it becomes a habit and not just during WL. It has to become a way of life.

YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO IT provided you have that confidence dear. A big hug to you....we will start together again..come join the fun..

Looking forward to see you more from now.

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tina,

Good to see your progress.

I use full cream so I won't tell you to give it up.I could never use skimmed milk in my diet. I don't like the tea made of skimmed milk. Give it a try if you like it then have it else don't push yourself.

Roasted papads are fine. Its not for weight loss but papads and pickles are high in sodium. Enjoy them once a week or twice but not more.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

10. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear cool2010,

Thanks for your appreciation and thanks for liking the recipes.

Do increase your cardio level to atleast 45 minutes.

Hope to hear more from you.

regards