Ooty Hotel Recommendation

Discussion in 'Travel' started by anandisub, Feb 24, 2011.

1. anandisub

anandisub New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for referrals for good accomodation in Ooty. We are a family with seniors and children and good environment is important, like hygiene, food etc.
    Anyone have personal experience to share? Thanks so much in advance!!

-Anandi

2. Sasanila

Sasanila New IL'ite

I recommend "Hotel Willow Hill" in Havelock road,Ooty...Its too good for couples, hope the same for group also...[​IMG]
    Just enquire... Have a nice stay... [​IMG]

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anandi, what is your budget? if money is not a problem, then I suggest The Taj in Ooty. We stayed there for 3 nights and had a very good experience. The rooms are mostly suites and they have nice fire place (in the right season), great dining area where there was live music and a cool little bar.
    The food was incredible too. Another thing is they have nice massage parlor. I got an Ayurvedic massage done there and felt really good about it.

It was about Rs. 5,000 per night about 5 years ago. Not sure if the prices have increased since then.

4. anandisub

anandisub New IL'ite

Thank you ladies. I've taken note. I like the sound of The Taj :) I noticed a few more posts in other forums. I'll let IL know where I stayed and expereince for others benefit.