Miscarriage Support Group

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by fragrance, Feb 14, 2008.

1. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hi hema

nor probs.I wish you all the best and take care

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. clay

clay New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I had an ectopic pregnancy about 10-12 years ago, and about 4 miscarriages since. I was looking for some healing meditations that would help me carry full term, or heal whatever the problem may be, in this pregnancy. Yeah, I'm about 6-8 weeks pregnant and want to do everything i can to help ensure a healthy and safe baby, if at all possible.
    Is there any hope at my age-35?

3. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear clay
    first of all congrats on your pregnancy. and second dont worry about miscarriage or even think about ur previous m/cs.. it is easy to say, but if u keep urself engaged in ur work then it becomes somewhat easy.

drs usually give us weekly injections and daily medicines till the end of first trimester to sustain pregnancy...

age is not a bar, when God wants to bless u with a child:thumbsup... so keep up the hope and take medicines regularly..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. radhapappu

radhapappu New IL'ite

Dear Friends.. plz help me...!!!

Dear friends, am radha from chennai. am trying for a baby for more than 2 years, it was only last month i had my periods cycle delayed for 5 days. i did a pregnancy test at home in the morning with fresh urine, it showed me positive result. i was so happy and went to gynecologist to confirm if am really pregnant. The doctor didn't do any other tests to confirm my pregnancy, she just checked the preg card which i had tested at home. she just noted down that am 5 weeks pregnant. i really don't know why she didn't do blood test and all to confirm my pregnancy. she just told me to come for an ultrasound after 8 weeks.
    1 week later (6 weeks), i had a little cramp and bleeding for 2 to 3 times in the midnight. i went to the same gynec next day. she took a TVS scan and said that the baby was completely aborted as she couldn't see any 'gestational sac' inside and am lucky that i don't have to do D&C or take any other medications. Now its been 1 week after my miscarriage, still am not getting my periods. i have heard from many of my friends that miscarriage will cause heavy bleeding with severe cramping pain. But am not getting any of these. I was asked to try for the baby after 2 months. But how can i try without having normal periods cycle? Will i ovulate again?? Am scared if the doctor has missed anything in the scan to see if the baby is really aborted as it is too early to diagnose. Yesterday i again checked with the preg card at home. Its showing positive, my HCG levels are still high it seems. If anything went wrong in my reproductive system.??? Plz help me out. Am totally confused and emotionally unbalanced. Can i go to another doctor for second opinion??? Plz reply friends...

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Dear Friends.. plz help me...!!!

Hi Radha,
    Yes check with another doc. I hope 6 weeks is early to see the sac. Have a second opinion & then decide.
    A blood test on beta's will clear the doubts you have. You may need to track beta hcg for few days & another scan. It will solve the puzzle.
    Stay positive.
    Baby dust to you...

6. raindrops

raindrops New IL'ite

Sorry for what you had to go through. I have gone through similar situations. The Doctors here usually recommend to wait 2 or 3 normal menstrual cycles before trying again.
    Also if a D and C is not performed , they do weekly blood test until your pregnancy hormone level is close to zero.
    Hope this helps and good luck !!!

7. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hi

I am a mom of a little boy who's 1.5 years old
    I had a miscarriage by Oct 2nd, 2010 :-( which was due to bleeding for more than 2 weeks (as i was said).They did D&C also
    For 3 days since i had bleeding and it stopped.
    My gynae told i may expect my periods from next 25 to 40 days.

After 15 days, i had white discharge along with blood.
    I had a checkup and gynae told its due to infection. She treated me with a vaginal tab "Clingen".
    After a week from then, i got my regular periods and the bleeding was little less compared to my usual periods. It ended in 3 days ie., by 1 Nov '10

Then my white discharge also stopped and i was Ok for a week.
    Now today again i found some spots and i donno if its really due to some infection or bleeding due to piles( i dont hav piles complaint. i heard if we have piles, it may cause bleeding. But no pain or no constipation).

Have anyone come across this kind of situation? Or heard of?
    Please help me...I am scared a lot.

~MahiSree

8. purvibamorya

purvibamorya New IL'ite

cervical incompetence

hi to all,

myself purvi, i m recetly shifted in hyderabad from mumbai, i had 5 month abortion in august2010, because of cervical incompetence,what is the treatment of this incompetence, have any ever been go through this type of problem????

what are the precautions to be taken in next pregnancy.suggest any good dr, who are treating this type of cases..........

please help

9. purvibamorya

purvibamorya New IL'ite

@ anshu,

i go through with the same problem around 5 months back , i misscarried in 20 weeks, ( dr says bcoz of cervical incompetence) is this the same reason of ur's???????

you have to take nutritious food for 1 month atleast, & take proper rest.

i rest for 1.5 months with lots of fruits/vegetables/ghee......etc

it will give you stamina & energy to rebuild your body again
    take calcium,vitamin,iron tablets side by side

please free to ask anything if you are not satisfied

take care

10. kala4rg

kala4rg New IL'ite

@PURVI

hi am Dr.pushkala, ayurvedic gynecologist.

for cervical incompetence they do cervical cerclage at around 14-16 weeks so that the cervix doesnt open up and thus prevents miscarriage. they remove it at around 36 wk