Thanks for all who have supported my in my hard times...sharing my thoughts

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by icyspicy, Jun 12, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

sure Icy...hope you are doing good...

2. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Im good...writing is keeping me busy, lol!

3. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Icy,

Checked your website..You really write very well... :thumbsup

4. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Hey, thanks contended! I write simple english, but good to know that it makes sense, lol :)

how are you?

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Icy

Might be try to post some of those articles on our forums here? start your own blog here in IL...did you check the blogging thread here?

6. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Sure Sri! , i was wondering what topics to start off with, let me what i think about!

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Hey Icy, in a few more days we will be in a new month entirely... April! Time is going by fast this year. Only 1 more month and I'll be done with school forever. I wanted to check up with you and see how you are doing. I know you were interested in writing articles, how is that coming along? Maybe if you write a few articles, you could try submitting a sample of your work to the newspaper or apply for journalist jobs? I think that would suit you, and also be a really fun job too. Ok Icy, take care, hope to hear from you soon...

8. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Hi ASG, its been really long ! Yep, i'm contrributing for debates, articles to the local newspaper here, inshallah plan to develop this skill in earning income too but here preference is givne for high vocab articles and i dont know such gr8 words ....lol...i write simple and express myself ....basically this writing evolved from my experiences , in a way all my past trials made me recognize my talent and explore my innner being through writing, I hope to go forward in this, and searching ways to take it ahead. How are you! its gr8 to know that you are finishing school, why dont you visit uae and we could have a chat!

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

LOL I would love to visit uae, but India in 2012 is first on my list. :)

You know, you might consider writing short stories. There is an Indian author named Jhumpa Lahiri who has several best selling books of short stories about every day life written in every day words. You might enjoy reading that or get inspired to write some stories of your own. Personally, I think simply written life stories are some of the most entertaining stories to read.

I'm so amazed at what a creative person you have evolved into it. Writing is truely a beautiful and soul freeing experience. Keep it up, and stay in touch with us all, we are all rooting for you to come out on top.

10. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Love your post ASG!

Life stories, can be a good start, let me gather my thoughts and see what to do. Do you visit my blogsite often?

Waiting for you to visit UAE soon, TC!