1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Hi everyone,

No much news at my end. Just wanted to tell you all HI :hiya

Shiva, I tried the toast and the easy pizza. Both came out very well and were filling. Thanks for the recipes.

LS, how is your weight loss coming up? I am still aiming for my 2 kg weight loss by may end and I am working towards it.

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Contented,

Hi dear. My WL is going as expected. For this week I was down by 700 gms to 1 kg. But I feel my inches are coming down fast. I can see my waistline looking better now when I drape my sarees. My old dresses are practically fitting me quite easily and new ones are damn loose. Anyway planning for an assessment in the GYM by week end to know the correct stats.

Then how are things at your end? What are you doing for WL now?

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Savvy,

Congrats yaar....pls post your photos. we can have a visual treat:)

Convey my special wishes to your DH for keeping you motivated.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your advice on Steam. I am planning to have one on Sunday ...will come back and let you know my experience. ;-)

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Shiva,

My day at a Gym is something like this:

10 min of walk on treadmill at an inclination of 1.5 and now the speed i go up to 5.8 burning around 70 cal.

An hour of strenuous work out guided by the trainer.

Today I was speaking to him and checking with him to know how many Cal I burn approximately. He says I am burning around 600 cal. I was shocked..:shock: Is it possible Shiva to loss so much of Cal by these exercises?

More to this I am going for evening walks of 1 hour moderately brisk and you won't believe the way I sweat. I was under the impression till now my body cannot sweat maybe a slight perspiration but now its like totally drenched...:)

During the work out too I was feeling damn thirsty, generally he says not to drink much of water as some people may tend to puke. But today it was totally different. After having some water only I could continue. The Trainer says these are just the beginning and I need to work out with more resistance.

As I said earlier another 700 gms down in 3days and my waistline looks much better Shiva. I love to drape my saree now.:thumbsup;-)

6. beautybird

beautybird New IL'ite

Hi Shiva,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I keep your advice regarding potato and sweet potato. I try to prepare other recipes.

I agree your genuine point "If you eat everything in right proportion you won't ever gain
    weight".

How to prepare
    1. Jhal mudi
    2. Grilled tofu
    3. Saute vegetables

I saw the video Spin Bike Workout. It is wonderful to see. Weight loss Success lies here also.Send youtube video for Eliptical :coffee

With regards

7. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,
    I'm just waiting for you to upload your photos.
    Neyar virupam....
    Let me lose atleast 5 more kgs, then I will post mine.
    He keeps on showing my old photos and he wants me to reach that weight.
    I have passed on your good wishes to my husband.

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Savvy,

Idhu koncham overa illa ;-) we need to wait till another 5 kgs ada ramaa.

Madam I will definitely upload my photos but after i reach my target by May end. Till then lets keep our fingers crossed.

9. silencelover

silencelover Senior IL'ite

Hello,I am much interested in joining this team. My weight is around 71kgs now. My eating habits are

7am - coffee - with milk, sugar
    9am - 1 whole wheat bread with tomato and honey.
    10:30 - orange juice / dry fruits / fruit.
    12:00 - 1/2 cup brown rice with 2 cups veggies and curry.
    3:30 - coffee
    5:00 - (this is my culprit time because i eat what ever i get in my hands, - 1 cup rice, curry, chips, chocolates...... list stops only when the time is 6:30. Believe me i think about what to put in my mouth until this time)
    9:00 - 1 roti / 1 dosa / nothing.

For me, from morning till 5pm everything is fine. but i could not control me in evenings. This became my habit and i gained 6 kg in 3 months. Everyone in my office is enquiring me - Are you expecting?.

I request you friends to help me change this 5 to 6:30 as an exercise time. I wanted to reduce 8kgs before i attempt for second pregnancy.

pour in your suggestion and make me come out of this binge time.

Regards,
    SL.

10. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Dear LS,

Congrats on ur weight loss:thumbsup
    how is your mom now??

what types of exercise does the trainer make you do in gym which burns 600cal.
    can you share some with us???

Thanks,
    Smartgrl

An hour of strenuous work out guided by the trainer.

Today I was speaking to him and checking with him to know how many Cal I burn approximately. He says I am burning around 600 cal. I was shocked..:shock: Is it possible Shiva to loss so much of Cal by these exercises?