Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Such a nice photo - I can imagine the taste!! If the flavour is so tempting,wy wait it to cool et al!!
    Dabak - dabak is the best!!
    I was going thro' my index today & I too thought I must try BARLEY SAGO OATS BATh\H.
    You can grind extra for TUR DHAL OOTHAPAM & freeze half - I alwaysdo that.
    I am attching your photo!:thumbsup

2. kalavati

kalavati New IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Thanks again for a wonderful recipe index you've created. I searched for specifically arisitipli rasam today for my son who has cold and severe cough. Is it the same like Kandatipli rasam? Is there is any other rasam I could make for cold/cough? I did take other rasam varieties for now, which I'll give a try. Nothing is better than your recipe and tips. Please share this one too.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made CVVK 2 days back and we had it for lunch, then with oothappam for dinner and also for the next day's breakfast (with greens oothappam). R loves CVVK and it had been a long time since the cost of onions sky rocketed. I reduced oil a little and as there is no dal, it is a perfect dish.
    Today's lunch was with milagu kuzhambu, such a tasty and healthy kuzhambu. I skipped my diet at dinner to have this with rice and MW roasted appalams. Preserved the left over.
    I also made methi paratha regularly and also keerai. Tomorrow.... aappam with 123 batter. Just harvested the coconuts after a year ( very difficult to get the tree climber these days.. even after paying a hefty sum). Fresh coconut is there so thought would make that.

4. Chitvish

Thanks, Kala.
    Arisithipilihas such a strong medicinal flavour & taste That one cannot have a rasam with only that. So add 2-3 tiny pieces to the kandanthippili rasam; it will be good. Pepper-jeera rasam is another soother!

5. Chitvish

Thanks, Varloo.
    You have sent repeated FBs for CVVK, 123 & greens oothappams that I really do not know what to reply!
    Please go through the recipe index in detail & identify something else which will suit you!!

6. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,

I have recently got a LG microwave oven convection mode. Got tempted with your baking receipes. Can you tell me where we can find the utensils for baking in chennai. Right now I have one borosil bowl which I use just to boil vegetables. For re-heating I use the plastic container which came free along with the oven. I did not get any free demo and so I need to start from scratch as to how I can use the oven.

7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

I was going through the recipe and Bourbon biscuits caught my attention. My DH will be overwhemled if I make this at home. Planning to try it this weekend. In that recipe you told to make plain vanilla icing, can you please tell me how to make this one?:hide:

Also I am drooling seeing the bread recipes you are posting. I do not have an oven but have a microwave which has convection and grilling mode. Can I try breads in MW or is it must to have OTG?

8. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    Am here after a very very long time indeed.Though I regularly follow your posts and do cook a lot from the treasure,feeling very bad that I could not post an FB to to you.

Baked chocolate carrot muffins last week since the elder one had a sudden craving for cupcakes!It is truly a melt in the mouth recipe.Hari enjoyed it totally.Made Vegetable medley with phulkas on saturday.This is such a quick fix to wrap up and so creamy and delicious...
    It was Tempered vegetable stew with Idiappam for dinner yesterday.The whole peppers in the stew gives such a crunchy spicey taste to the dish.It was finger licking good:crazy

Am crazily busy ever since our relocating process started.So am looking into your index for easy to do recipes.Tried all the recent kichdis you posted.They are all such lifesavers for me.The best thing is all these quick fixes are tasting great and most of them are healthy recipes too:thumbsup

I was amazed at the amount of effort you are putting in, to tag the ingredients right over the picture in the Chat sbs thread! Thank you so much for all the efforts Aunty.You are adding so much value to our lives beyond cooking:bowdown

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  9. niveda

niveda New IL'ite

Dear Chitra

Superb job!
    I need to browse through a latest dictionary to find the right words to express my appreciation for the great amount of effort taken in compiling all the possible dishes on earth & presenting them so beautifully & in a simplified manner.
    Even the laziest person would start loving to cook after seeing those wonderful step-by-step pictures with explanation.

BTW, I was going through the 'home-made chocolate' section & have a query.
    Pls let me know where do we get to buy in Chennai ( the shop name & area ), all the items required to make the chocolates, like - from the basic ingredient ( chocolate bars ), wrapping foils, the boxes & other materials in which we can gift / sell the chocolates, the oil-based essence used in chocolates, the chocolate stabilizer, the molds etc.
    I really have no clue on this, but would love to try out all those variations given by you.

Tks a lot & keep up the excellent work.
    Lots of love / Nalini.

10. Chitvish

Akhila, congrats on your purchase!!
    Please go through the baking recipes in this forum as well as SBS.
    First make a list of what you would like to try. I suggest, to start with, buy
    2 baking trays for biscuits & cookies - for every item, make sure they will fit into your oven. Take the size of the revolving tray below fr a "index"!
    You can even buy our mysorepak setting type of trays for cookies/ bicuits from any shop like Rathna etc
    One round baking tin
    one muffin tin - 6 or 8 or 12 to fir your oven
    One square tin.
    If suitable muffin tins are not available, buy alminium plain cups,good enough.
    All these are available in Mount Road Poppa Jamal & Adyar Currimbhoys.
    Remember preheating is a must for any baking. Study in detail your manual - demos don't help much :-(
    All the best:thumbsup