Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hello Shanthi,

Planning to buy a apartment near Kamarajapuram or camp road, Tambaram. This is the first big step towards future investment that we are planning. And a huge financial investment for us at this point. So i want to be very very careful and not do any mistakes.

Can you please tell me any trustable builder's names so that i can contact them. If anyone has bought an apartment recently then please share with me the cost and other expenses. I dont know ABC of this... please advise..

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sandhya,

too busy, don't see you here as before. how are your LO's.

Camp road most of the areas area at 2900 to 3200 depending on the construction and the proximity to facilities like school and things.

i recently saw one project by sharon builders on camp road. and i was told that sharon and ruby are both the same builders with two different names (as is now fashion in RE)

Another builders who has a construction going on around santhosapuram is abirami.

I would suggest check out sharon, abirami, anthony, anu...these people have presence in these areas. and also do follow the low profile builders thread..maybe something could click.

Always keep a 3+2lacs margin for yourself apart from the rate that is quoted by the builder.

3 is for the registration, eb and other corpus. 2 is for any changes you do. even a switch is now charged.

and another 1.5-4lacs for wood depending on what you want to do. though the wood work can be done in a phased out manner.

all the best for your home. Pray it comes to you soon.

3. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Thank you shanthi....

hope to get a good news soon....

4. Tamanna12

Tamanna12 New IL'ite

Hi Shanthi mam,

Thanks for ur responseCan you help me feedback of mantri and gem in omr road.new lanch TVH taus(green home).

Thanks
    Sofi

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. vgiri

vgiri New IL'ite

Shanthi, I am back from Chennai. Everyday from 7 am till 6pm, I was out looking for place. but my preference was besant nagar. I visited Aishwaryam Nagar by VGP on mudichur road. it is on the main road but hitension electric line passing right in the middle of the layout and it is 16 km from Tambaram west junction in GST road. The vgp person said, that is the shortest route to Sriperumpudur from Tambaram and from Sriperumpudur side it is 9 km. The road widenin work (to 80ft) is in progress. I didnt have enough time to decide. I drove thru Tambaram Velachery road like 4 times. The road is really good after Tambaram Velachery road to OMR junction (i think it is sholinganallur connection, not sure though). Asvini foundations is starting a project right on Vel-Tam road near Rajakilpakkam(4000/sqft). I visited my relative in Rajakilpakkam, they said the plots cost anywhere between 62-70 lakhs/grd. I drove thru OMR twice. OMR is much better than any other road in Chennai. I see lot of housing projects, projects near Kelambakkam are starting at 9.99 lakh. The kelambakkam to GST road was good, but i drove from Sithalapakkam to PonMar to Kel-GST connection road. The back road was horrible but the land price is 10 to 20 lakh/grd near ponmar and 25+ near Sithalapakkam.
    FINALLY, the day before my 9 day ordeal one of my relative heard about a housing board PRE FAB flat in Besant nagar(good location) and I saw the flat in 3rd floor no lift still it was a good deal So finalized in 3hours. hope everything will go fine. :thumbsup

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

All the best sandya.

Mantri and gem are so delayed that i don't have a positive opinion on the them. if you are ready to wait for a few more years than you can look at TVH. but the amenities given by TVH are less. they have few projects that are still progressing. the price looks competitive but then all are in the recent trend of the last one month.

Do visit, the site, and then decide.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Good. and thanks a lot for the feedback, many people do not bother to come back and reply after all the time i invest in finding out about projects that they query about.

How much was his quote. and he is right, this road becomes the shortest, and one person in RE i know says that the road and the next six lane road on the orr will change the face of that side of chennai.

Asvini, . ok you have not check the thoraipakkam/pallavaram road near to vel's.. i thought you were going towards asvini from this road.and this road really is slowing growing into another dumping area.:drowning:drowning. most of these roads are going to be good before the election..roads are being laid overnight too..
    rajakilpakkam has now come into the centre of omr/gst with so much happening isn't it. the whole stretch now looks completely standalone..you have everything from schools, shopping, hotels colleges and hospitals. there was a time we use to ask how do you stay in gowriwakkam are you not scared?? that was 1994.
    the road that connects ponmar to this road is very very bad. so is the road from kandigai to rathinamangalam. but yes 10/15 was what i was told. when i had visited rathinamangalam, there was this group of people waiting. actually we were asking for routes, and they thought we were looking for plots..they kept following us for long, i then asked them and they told me that they have better plots that we can look at. s
    My prayers that it works. recent days i hear a lot about flats that are coming up for resale in these areas, but one should be in the radar to get news as they get picked up even before they enter the market..
    so how old.. as long as your gut feel/instinct says it is good go with it. people will say a lot of things. what was the rate and how old is hte flat..rendum sollala..
    congrats on clinching the deal. all legal and signing done??

8. vgiri

vgiri New IL'ite

Shanvy, the flat I bought is in 3rd floor no lift. it is 36 year old housing board flat. I paid 43l. I paid for the location. Somebody said Last year similar one got sold for 24l. New flat in besant nagar (same location) goes for 13k/sqft.
    The aiswaram nagar plot they were asking for 240/sqft.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

giri,

that is clinching deal. is the uds good. because ultimately that is what matters in flats like this apart from the location. two years back was the best time for second sales. i sold a 820 flat for 22 in the suburbs while my neighbour sold the year before a 3bhk 1100sq.ft at 20l..so it is all about timing..though timing the markets is not possible...

did you know there is a new constructon at mylapore at 16k and another place that i read recently at 20k..where is chennai going ???

10. KavithaPrabu

KavithaPrabu New IL'ite

Land rate near Ambattur Estate

Hi

Im new to this forum. Can anyone tell me about the land rate near Ambattur Estate? Is it good to get land there ?Any suggestions