1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair loss

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by amrutapatil, Mar 6, 2011.

1. amrutapatil

amrutapatil New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this forum. 3 months before I came to US. I am badly lossing my hairs. Earlier I was using shampoo by Baba Ramdev,at that time hair loss was not that severe . But recenly I started using Aveeno shampoo and lossing hair badly.

Does anyone used this shampoo ? What are the good shampoos that I can get in walmart/target ?

I am also going to start using filtered water for hair wash.

Need help asap...as gettting depressed because of this.

2. Chinnusuvi

Chinnusuvi New IL'ite

hi, amruta,
    dont be depressed, coz, depress leads to more loss of hair. why dont u go and get ur thyroid test done? i heard people say thyroid can cause hair loss. u can also try any baby shampoo or dove. all the best.....

3. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Hi Amruta,

Dont let the ghair loss depress you. If at all it provides any comfort, let me tell you that this is a very common problem for all women who shift to US. I faced the samee issue too and was really scared that I will go bald.

This is due to the high level of chlorine in the water here. Im sure other ladies will suggest you many different remedies. I started following some simple tips so sharing them with you.

First thing you should do is get a good shower filter from lowes/homedepot or any other store.
    Apply oil that suits you twice or thrice a week ( I recently started using Olive oil and that has helped me.), massage well but gently. before taking a head bath put a hot towel on your hair for at least 30 mins (the longer time, better results) and then have a head bath. Also do not comb your hair when it is wet. Wash your hair with cold or lukewarm water.
    Another tip is do not wrap your hair with a towel after washing. Because it will result in more breakage instead just dry your hair gently with the towel and leave as is. Allowing it to dry naturally. (And yes do not use a hair dryer, if you have to use the cold setting)
    If you eat egg..have one regularly along with other leafy green veggies. Another important thing get good vitamin tablets for hair loss. (I use Nature's Bounty Hair Skin and Nails from Costco.) Anxiety will result in more hair loss so dont worry. And last one I also regularly follow Baba Ramdev's nail rubbing 5 mins daily in the morning and evening. This will promote new growth as well as prevent further hair loss. Hope this helps. Good luck :thumbsup

4. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

the common cause for hair loss is stress( may be you are away from your parents)

rule out anaemia, thyroid problem and urinary tract infection

include sprouted grams, 5 almonds which should be soaked overnight

take biotin containing tablets which should be otc product

5. Haritha81

Haritha81 New IL'ite

Hi Amruta,
    I have been through the same problem, when I moved to US. I was losing tons and tons of hair. When I got my blood tested, I came to know I had thyroid problem. I started taking pills but my hairloss didnt stop. It started becoming so bad that, you could see scalp through my hair. It became harder and harder to cover.
    I saw some review in youtube about HerbalRiche ayurvedic oil,and started using it, it helped me a lot. My hair grew back.

If you ask me
    1) Get ur thyroid checked
    2) get ur blood panel taken
    3) try using some good ayurvedic hair oil

6. Sansub

Sansub Bronze IL'ite

Hi Haritha

Thanks for the info. How do u order that oil? How much does that cost?
    Did u see results immediately? I also faced same problem for a long time and used to worry a lot but now I got used to that but wanted to find a way out.

7. Haritha81

Haritha81 New IL'ite

Hi Sansub,
    I posted a reply to your mail, I didnt know I am not supposed to post links, you can search youtube for HerbalRiche. I used almost everyday and mostly along the area where I had excess hair loss. That was long the temples and hair line. I saw result in around 3rd week or so. It costs around $15.

Let me know if you use it and how it is working for you

8. amrutapatil

amrutapatil New IL'ite

Thanks neerrali

I will try the tips. i have also started using pure drinking water for head wash.
    Also I need to change the shampoo (I think Aveeno doesn't suit me).
    Can u suggest me any mild shampoo which I can get in walmart/target ?

9. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

You're welcome Amruta, Let me know if there is any change after a couple of weeks.

Im not sure about a shampoo from Walmart/Target but I have very recently started using nexus therappe shampoo ad conditioner from costco. Lets see if that helps me.