1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone joining my declutter challenge?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by ptamil2007, Feb 22, 2011.

1. rafiqua

rafiqua New IL'ite

so the next task is microwave...
    thank u ptamil for the tips.this task is a easy one.so no probs,but the next one 'clear out unwanted shoes' oops when i asked my kids to leave the unused shoes they rushed &picked all their shoes as favorite.so nothing is left out as unwanted.My hubby gave a smile &left the place.so this task is a failure for me!!!!!!!!!

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Oh yeah, shoes and toys are always a greater challenge. Thats fine, if it does not work this time, you can go with 'Clothes that don't fit'.

Last week, we gave a good amount of them to charity shops. Felt good by doing so. Also I have space in wardrobe for the usable clothes.

3. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

definitely .... lets go area by area ........
    my shoe rack is full of my dd's wanted and unwanted shoes ....will have to remove some ..

4. tanmayi

tanmayi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ptamil,

Microwave was easier. Did that yesterday.

My husband is away on a tour, so I could not do anything with his shoes. I have sorted out mine and my little ones and cleaned the rack this morning and placed the shoes neatly.

What is next?

Tanmayi

5. AKJ

AKJ Senior IL'ite

Nice thread and Thanks for starting this PTamil. Pls count me in. I hope I can stay committed to this. But one condition, the tasks should be so simple that I should actually enjoy completing them. ok?

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

way to go rosary. Clearing that will make quite a good amount of space

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Great job Tanmayi.
    You can take up the task of clearing out 'Clothes that dont fit', 'clothes not worn anymore'.

Clothes are one thing which decreases in value over time. Even unworn ones will look faded after a long time.

So you can chose how to do away with them

8. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Welcome to this thread AKJ.
    Sure the tasks will be simple to accomodate the timing schedule of both working and home makers.

When we do little things, it is not daunting and the task gets completed too. That is the main idea behind this thread. I am helping myself by doing this and it is great to see many people motivating and joining this

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ptamil and all,
    well my mum cleans the fridge everynow and then to remove stuff as the cook stuffes food in it we have 2 fridges one in the kitchen, one in the dinning room. so she does that.We just shifted to a new house so when packingwe removed so many stuff and threw away and even now while unpacking boxes we are still throwing away stuff i ahve so much of space in my cupboards as i have given away all my old clothes for shoes i have limited pairs.
    love
    alpa:cheers

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Thanks ALPA for sharing.

Once I get the house to a relative good level, next would be my maintenance project :spin