1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Right time for the little one??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by namrathamorab, Feb 22, 2011.

1. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Well this has been a long time discussion of when is the right time to plan for a baby?
    What I want to understand is if there is anything such as "right time for baby" or is it just our convenience? And if we intend to plan how do we do it?
    Waiting for your replies...

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

The right time is when you feel that you want one. That said, many women get pregnant by accident and may be quite shocked to know of the pg, but by the time the baby is ready to come out, most of them eagerly anticipate the baby.

3. Gayathri Krishn

Gayathri Krishn New IL'ite

Hi,It depends on how old you are. If you are above thirty,you might plan for motherhood at once.With infertility issues increasing(take a look at infertility centres-they are bulging with hoping to get pregnant women) it is better to plan early. A baby comes before a job.GK

4. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

whenever you and your DH want to have a baby. whenever you both are really ready for it. With baby comes lot of responsibility too. Hence it is suppose to be your decision. Although you should also consider the fact that it is better to have baby before 30

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    the right time to have baby is when u are 100 % sure that baby is the 1st priority & everything comes after him/her.
    biologicaly ,its better to have 1st baby before 30 but if there is still question of settling career or anything then i guess one can delay but keeping in mind that later on there may be some problem in conceving...........
    a child is a responsibility of parents and they both should be very willing to shoulder it.

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Namratha.. I say check out the following Checklist:

• Do you and your Dh have a feeling that you want to have a LO soon?
    • Are you very fond of small children you meet in the shopping mall and eager to have one of yours?
    • Are you and Dh healthy?
    • Do you think you can support the baby once it is conceived (in terms of the wife not working for a while, extra medical costs etc.)
    • Are you happy about it?
    Then, come on girl, you are ready for it.. The age, finance ( you dont need a million to raise a kid) and other *** is not important.

If you really like to have the LO, and confident that you can help the LO grow into a rationale human being, then it means you are ready!!

7. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

Thanks people... your replied have helped me make my decision..:cheers

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Namratha

The right time for the little one is before 30 years.