Job opportunities in UAE

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by geetha1, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

This thread will cover job websites as well as jobs for housewives.
    Regards
    USHA

2. Sushma Srivastava

Sushma Srivastava New IL'ite

Re: Jobs for Housewives

To All the Housewives & All working people :

Would you like to increase your present income & get paid for all your free time. Please ask yourself the below mentioned questions :

• What are you doing & how do you spend your time after office hours?

2. The time you spend at home are you being paid for it?

• Something which can get you a good residual income?

• If you lose your job tomorrow, then do you have an alternate source of income ?

• Would you like to have that extra income ?

• How much you would like to earn?

• Did you fulfill any of your own dreams?

To get to know more details & answers to all your questions please come and attend the presentation at Novotel Hotel on this Friday 2<SUP>nd</SUP> November, 2007 at 10.30 a.m. at the ONYX room Novotel.

For registration write to keshav.sushma@gmail.com

3. mmanbol

mmanbol New IL'ite

housewives can take up jobs

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 border=0><TD height=8><TABLE id=table2 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellPadding=2 border=0>
    Employment
    <TABLE id=table12 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 border=0><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3><TABLE id=10121353.html cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD vAlign=top width=280><!--article start--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=280 border=0><TABLE id=table4 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=280 border=0><!--Image Slide Show (start)--><!--Image Slide Show (start)--><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var slide_images=new Array(); var slide_images_caption=new Array(); var slide_images_Credit=new Array(); var counter=0; var max_images=1; var thisImage = 0; var isRunning = false; slide_images_caption[0]="Some companies employ women on their father's or husband's sponsorship."; slide_images[0]="../../../images/07/04/27/28_ae_essential_women01_4.jpg"; slide_images_Credit[0]="";</SCRIPT>[​IMG]

Some companies employ women on their father's or husband's sponsorship.
    <!--Image Slide Show (end)--><!--Image Slide Show (end)--><TABLE id=article_edit cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD class=Heading>Housewives can take up jobs

By Bassma Al Jandaly, Staff Reporter
    Published: October 28, 2007, 00:03
    <TD class=ArticleBody>
    <!--maxlength:3127-->Dubai: In a bid to protect working women's rights, the UAE Federal Labour Law and the UAE residency and entry law allows women to work in any profession but under specific conditions.
    Women must not be employed in any job that is unsafe, hard or damaging to their health. An expatriate woman who is sponsored by a father or husband can work in any job, even if she is listed in the resident visa as housewife.
    The woman only needs to obtain a labour card which should be renewed every year. Some companies are ready to employ women on their father's or husband's sponsorship but some prefer that the woman they employ be sponsored by the company. Women need an approval from the husband or father if they wish to work.
    The labour card of a working women sponsored by the husband or the father will be cancelled automatically when the card expires and is not renewed at the Ministry of Labour. Companies will have to reapply every year for a new labour card.
    Labour card fees
    The fee for a labour card for a working woman sponsored by her husband or father is Dh1,200, to be paid in two installments: Dh200 at the time of submitting the application and the remaining Dh1,000 at the time of the ministry approval. The fees have to be paid by e-dirham.
    The employer should pay the fees. Working women also do not need to give their passport to the employer. She should also keep her labour card with her.
    But if the woman wants to transfer sponsorship from her father or husband to work in the private sector, she needs approval of the previous sponsor and the new sponsor.
    She also needs approval from the Ministry of Labour if her work is among the categories that are subject to the Labour Law. She would further need approval of the residency department.
    The expatriate wife or daughter who has a work visa and then leaves the job, should apply at the Naturalisation and Residency Department, to amend her status.
    Employment: Specific conditions
    • According to the UAE Labour Law, a working expatriate woman, sponsored by the husband or father, is not allowed to work late into the night.
    • A wife or daughter who leaves a job, cannot transfer her sponsorship to her husband or father directly, but should apply again for a new entry permit.
    • Employers are not allowed to employ women to work for 11 uninterrupted hours.
    • Employers are not allowed to make women to work at their establishments from 11pm at night till 7am next day in the morning.
    • It is not allowed to hire women to work in any dangerous kind of work.
    • Women who work in the field of health can work at night but should not do manual work.
    • They can work at night on emergency cases.
    • They can work at night if they are working in a directorial position or technical work.
    • Women's salary should be equal to that of men, if the work performed is the same.
    • Working women have the right to maternity leave.

4. vidyasundar

vidyasundar Bronze IL'ite

Re: housewives can take up jobs

useful information. thanks for sharing

5. sumitmoh

sumitmoh New IL'ite

Re: Job websites - UAE

can you please call me or give me your number

6. samata

samata New IL'ite

hi ladies

this sounds good ....data entry type job from home....
    1 ques is ...do we need any specific visa for that ? cause all of we housewives r on husband sponsership right?

samata

7. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Dear all ILs

I am Mrudula. Presently staying in India. My hubby is in Dubai. Me and my 2 yrs kid are planning to come there by December.

I have done my Masters in Anthropology. I have 3 years work experience in social development projects.

Are there any Non Government Organizations? or Funding Agencies who release funds to NGOs or other institutions for the research projects?, Research Organizations??? Colleges or University departments of sociology, anthropology or Human Development who conduct research and employ people???

Is anyone aware of such job placements????

Pls let me know if anyone is aware, or know any specific NGOs or institutions where I can apply.f

Thanks

Mrudula:)))

8. nirmalraj

nirmalraj New IL'ite

Your post is very useful

9. rekham

rekham New IL'ite

Re: Jobs for Housewives

10. mansimsubhedar

mansimsubhedar New IL'ite

Hey balamotwani thanks so much for such good details actually i was also searching the job and found this information is quite good which i m searching from long time .Hope will get good news soon . Thanks once again.