1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Letter to my parents-in-law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by satchitananda, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanjeevni

sanjeevni Senior IL'ite

Thanks Mstrue... Appreciate it

2. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

DNM. JAG. Cindrella. Janavi. Satchi. Mrs. True. Thank You. It feels good, to receive compliments at the smae time there is guilt too as i dont think am really worth all of what you siad...cuz i know what a moron I am and i can be at times :rotfl hehehhe get me Wife started she has loads of complaints lazy, i smoke, n stuff and there i would digress the thread so i stop it right there...Thanks. I did not know how to respond back. Thanks guys.

3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Naksh - All the more deserving since you know what your faults are...

4. 1janavi

1janavi Bronze IL'ite

Naksh, you made this thread complete ....with one tender letter from a SNIL.....
    and accepting flaws in your personality from a M-A-N....... you just expressed you are a good human being and an example of a good man.:hatsoff

5. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Sachi nice thread you have started-- It is very important topic in fact--to be able to put past in past--and try to work up a workable relationship is always applauded who is at fault....how many times...the viscous circle go round and round and faster too, Happiness and tolerance are somewhat interlinked Forgiving is very difficult for some peoples Here I mean elders and adult generation...if if live by hatred we will have no relatives, friends too we forgive many-a -times,..We make so many mistakes or statement which was not necessary dont we forgive ourselves,...this was easy..our parent forgive thousands of our mistakes, and keep us in their shelter.
    We too should learn to forgive ..give..them ..time every thing and everybody changes..it is the experiences or sudden flight of enlightenment we get from everyday issues, try your best and then leave everything else to TIME..so that we have no guilt on our sides:hiya

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

thanks so much malligaka for your kind response. i am really touched and happy to see your reply in this thread.

i agree with you. life is too short and we have to move on. carrying a grouse can indeed be a very heavy burden - one which we can do without and which is in our hands to try and shed. while it is not an easy task, we can only try.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Thanks DNM..Thank You Janavi... You guys are kind.

8. shawrup

shawrup New IL'ite

If i were to write a letter to my inlaws, i would say. Please treat me like you would treat your daughter i am a LIVE human person. stop being so mean and stop ignoring me around the house. Just be a good human being, do what you say. do not talk sooooooooooooooo loud on the phone while my newborn baby is sleeping. Stop talking about people after the visit is over. from my fil's mouth i have not heard any good things about other. they always laugh at other people behind their back. stoping thinking that you are the best because it's other way around.

9. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Yes it happens to be true for most of them who bad mouth about others.

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

hi sat! nice thread as usual....:thumbsup

if i do write them a letter it wud be something like this....

Dear Mom and Dad,

it was only when i read about all the problems faced by a loto people here in this forum, did i realize that you guys are indeed the best!:thumbsup

thank you for treating me just like the your daughter you never had.

thank you for being extremely supportive of me in my studies and career.

thank you for being extremely broad-minded folks.

thank you for never offering unsolicited advise.

thank you for never interfering in my plans or my decisions.

thank you for never expecting me to cook when you knew that i dint know or like it.

thank you for the care you took of me when i was ill.

thank you for always being concerned about my health.

thank you for never forgetting to bring trinkets for me from all the places that you visited.

thank you for always making sure that i was comfortable when i first came to your place.

thank you for considering me the 'kid' of the house and pampering me.

i could go on and on...

but i would like to say that you are the best parents-in-law a girl can ever hope for.

thank you for just being the wonderful people that you are.....!:thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.