Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dec 2012 could go to 2013. that is the state of affairs with most construction projects in chennai. with the cement demand, there is going to be more delay. elections could push the prices either way . if it is the same government, expect a escalation in the labour pushing the construction costs higher along with the material costs.

If you have visited and all the legal aspects are in place and you don't mind the waiting go ahead.

all the best.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Will give my views soon. a little pressed for time.

sorry vgiri, i just suggest, no guidance, not so well versed to guide.

The recent trend is that lots of flats get sold in these areas through word of mouth, and known circles. i know a acquaintance who bought a 1200sq.ft flat in tiruvanmiyur near to kottivakkam at 60lacs. in january. it is all about being at the right place at the right time. and also sometimes you get into unnecessary tension with properties that come in a hurry to be sold by the seller as there are discrepancies. so a bit of caution. one of my dh's friend, bought a flat in adayar 2000sq.ft />2cr.

I feel kayarambedu, guduvancheryhttp://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.8035573&lon=80.0698614&z=15&l=0&m=b is a viable option, with access to both omr/gst and the plots still at 15lacs last heard. if you seriously look in, i am sure you will find lot of resale plots. the same goes for padappai/oragadam. but i am more tilted towards this because of its proximity to mwc, gst, and sriperumbudur through the flyover at mudichur, and also the 6 lane road nearer to paranur.
    There are areas in medavakkam, nanmangalam, keelkattalai, certain places in sunnambu kolathur that can be looked into. even puzhuthivakkam has lot of plots, even independent houses for sale is what i heard. puzhuthivakkam is now in the buzz because of its proximity to velachery mrts-mountmrits link...
    To quote one person i met..chennai gets rains for a maximum of 10 days..why should i lose on the benefits that i get on other days because of my fear of water logging.. people are willing to sacrifice lot of things for a dream home...

Do your homework well before coming in. so that you can check out places.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Deva, For the budget you have, i am sure you can get plots in mugalivakkam. do not go by what is quoted in the websites. get down and check out. i am sure subashree narar, L&T colony.

Seriously i still remember how the place was 10 years back and now there is not much space available. Somebody we knew wanted to sell one ground at 10lacs / 6 years back..we missed..

all the best.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ahtina,

you are really being vague. you only gave a survey number. i made an effort to find out what the land was. i even told you it was marsh i think. you have to give more details dear, which area, whether it is part of a layout. you have more than 5 grounds. see the most interior places in perumbakkam also are being sold at 20 and above..so i feel 15 is low..again if yours is under the ASI restricted area, then you can cash.

but better take the advice from local people..i still feel you are in a hurry. is there more to the picture than you want to disclose.

all the best

5. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

Re: pallikaranai

Dear Shanvy
    My husband and I live in US...We are looking to invest in plots in ECR...preferably on good localities...not too far and out of ECR..we are unable to find what we looking for in any property search websites...I have seen a lot of ur posts and am sure you will have an answer to help me out...prefer atleast 1 or 2 grounds...

Thanks in advance

Regards

6. devaradhan

devaradhan Senior IL'ite

True shanti, the owners have bought these plots at very lower price (ranging 4 lacs to 10 lacs) a few years back. Whenever we thought about the plan of buying a property, the prices were higher. And this time we decided to take a home (land) loan and try to finalize. Hope something good happens.....
    Thanks a lot for your support shanthi.
    Devi.

7. geeveetha

geeveetha New IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks for your valuable information on real estate field. I would like to buy land sithalappakkam. They are quoting one ground for 38 lakhs in vijayapuram ext 2 1/2 km from medavakkam. Is it worth invest for this amount in this place now. I am also concerned about the ACS issue. Please help me to decide as the broker is very hurry.

Actually where we can get full information about ACS issue as we planning to buy our land in south chennai.

Please suggest some good places to buy plot around 40 lakhs in south chennai.

Thank you,

8. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

------------------
    Hi Shanthi and Pinky, My family in chennai are looking forward to go for VVR Karapakkam project in a gated community. But I am quite sceptic if it is worth the buy. I enquired with the builders office and they said the possession would be July 2012.The cost including all charges is approx 76 L for a duplex villa (very expensive as well :( UDS - 980, but my family says all new apartments are including other charges come upto 65 L to 70 L in that area. There is no water treatment plant not sure if it is mandatory for that area. About 60% of the apartments are booked. Could you share your views /facts about this project and quality of construction ? As I am away from home it is very hard to decide as well..

Thank You..

9. chandravathi701

chandravathi701 Senior IL'ite

Hi Pinky, did you get any further info / facts about this project through other sources. Do let me know ..

Thank you

10. vgiri

vgiri New IL'ite

I have .55 acre land in Vayalur, right on ECR. Shanty/others, How much will this go for, trying to see whether I can sell this to cover the price of House I am looking to buy in the city. plz help asap, visiting chennai next week.