1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bollywood NEWSS

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kavta, Oct 25, 2007.

1. eswarireddy

eswarireddy New IL'ite

Thanks fr the bollywood tidbits!

2. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Dhoni Bowled by Deepika!

The captain of the Indian team seems to be attracted to the Om Shanti Om beauty.Dhoni had invited Deepika to watch the match at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai and Deepika was so keen on watching Dhoni in action that she cancelled all her commitments for the day just to be present there. According to a source Bhushan Kumar, the T-Series head honcho, was keen that the Om Shanti Om leading lady attend his sister Tushali’s party in Delhi tomorrow but Deepika begged off saying that she wants to see Dhoni in action on the ground. Deepika was present at the stadium with the King Khan of Bollywood and many of her other friends. Well Deepika surely has a soft corner for Dhoni. All this admiration is not one sided, Dhoni also is equally attracted to Deepika and he keeps expressing his admiration for Deepika to everyone.
    <CENTER>[​IMG] <CENTER>
    At the recent T 20 match Dhoni had said Shah Rukh that he was waiting for the release of Om Shanti Om and he will surely watch the movie and now we all know why he will surely watch the movie. Let’s wait and watch who knows Dhoni might watch the movie with Deepika??? </CENTER><CENTER>Source:Bollywood site.</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>
    </CENTER>

3. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Charged for smoking in Public!

[​IMG]
    The king khan of Bollywood is in big trouble. He has been given a legal notice for smoking in public. The notice came from the National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication for smoking during the Hindustan Times Leadership summit. The summit took place earlier this month at the 20-20 match in Mumbai. This time Shah Rukh has put himself into trouble, the court has given Shah Rukh 15 days time to reply over the matter. This is not the first time that the big stars are targeted, earlier it was Mr. Amitabh Bacchan who was caught with the same problem when he was caught smoking on hoardings. The national organization for Tobacco is a Panaji based NGO. There are several other people that smoke, but the NGO’s always target the celebrities. Well that’s why they say it’s not easy to be a celebrity. Lets see hoe the Badshah of Bollywood deals with this problem?

4. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

[​IMG]
    Aamir Khan, who has finally finished shooting for his ill-fated children’s film Taare Zameen Par, is currently working on the Hindi remake of the Tamil superhit film Ghajini.[​IMG]
    The actor, who likes to do things quietly (and secretly), held a small mahurat ceremony for the Hindi remake, titled Kajri(later again changed to ghajini), in Mumbai last week. Present at the function were Telugu Megastar Chiranjeevi, who clapped and Tamil actor Surya (who played the lead in Ghajini).
    Also in attendance were producer Allu Aravind and director AR Murugadass, who is making his Bollywood debut with Ghajini. Interestingly, Murugadass has previously directed the Tamil film Ghajini.AyeshaTakia was the original choice fr the role but she walked out of the film due to some differences with AmirKhan.

Gajini team have inserted the same two songs Suttum vizhi, oru malai illam veyil naeram, which was a mega hit in Tamil. Gajini team took the shootings for those songs in the same location where they shot for Gajini in tamil.
    The sweety Asin told that it reminded her of actor Surya when she went to those locations. Yes Da.. Adhey cho Sweet memories Da…!
    Now again Asin is acting with Surya in Vel[​IMG] [​IMG] is a point which has to be noted by all of us at this time ! In this movie her name is Miranda Meenakshi! Her character is like Pepsi Uma who anchors a television show.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  5. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Hindi Pokiri

Asin has retained her role in the Hindi remake of Ghajini, but the same did not happen for Pokkiri. Call it bad luck or date issues, Asin was not considered for the role. Else she would have become the hottest star in Bollywood overnight with simultaneous films opposite Aamir Khan and Salman Khan respectively.[​IMG]Pokkiri is being remade in Hindi with Salman Khan in the lead with Boney Kapoor producing the movie. The casting was finalized just days back with Ayesha Takia bagging the heroine role opposite Salman. Ayesha has been on the fringes for quite a while now, not able to get a real big one behind her. This one might just be the big break for the young lady, but she has to live up to the screen presence of Salman Khan and also to the precedent set by Asin in the original.

6. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

You Live Only Once

Hi All,
    I know the news I am posting here is not relevant here but still I am posting because I want you all too to know about these news and salute a major who had given his live away for us.I collected this news from a Major's Blog. Though it sounds lil harsh dont mind friends as it has some important message hidden in it.
    [​IMG]
    • Major Manish Pitambare, 3rd PARA, SPECIAL FORCES. So
      what, We have Sachin, Virendra, Rahul, Sanjay Dutt,
      Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Shahrukh Khan....
    • Major Manish Pitambare,Killed in action on a special
      mission, shot-dead a dreaded territorist before
      sacrificing his life.
      So what? We have Sachin, Virendra and Rahul who play
      so fabulously and bring country proud. We have
      Abhishek,rani,sharukh and Aishwarya who act so well and entertain
      us..
    • Major Manish Pitambare, took a bullet in his head
      while on a special mission to nab terrorists and
      before dying he killed a top terrorist.
      So what? Rahul, Sachin and others also go abroad on a
      special mission and win the country laurels. Abhishek
      and Aishwarya also go to Rio to shoot movie and they
      entertain us..
    Actually am devoid of words, how to express my anguish
    at my callous fellow country-men and the so called
    un-biased FREE PRESS and the reverred leaders of this
    contry, Manmohan Singh and company...

A young man, PARA-COMMANDO,takes a bullet to his head,
    on a special mission to destroy terrorist who are
    hell-bent to destroy his country, and his countrymen
    are least bothered about his sacrifice. They are more
    interested in the perofrmance of Indian Cricket Team(

An young man, only married for a couple of years and
    having a one year old child, dont blink twice before
    laying down his life for his country-men and his
    country, not at all thinking what will happen to them
    after his sacrifice, and here we are, more interested
    in the cricket match .

And I still wonder, Why Manish chose to sacrifice his
    life for his country and country-men?
    So that they live peacefully, dont get killed in
    another serial-blast or suicide attack....
    But do his country-men bothered? No, they are
    not....

Then why Manish? Why you sacrificed your life? and I
    believe thats the same question which his family would
    be asking from Major Manish Pitambare.... And he is
    not there to answer, but still all of ujs know what
    his answer would have been.

Sometimes, am happy that my father dint allow me to
    join Army. At least I escaped dying for a cause, which
    is no matter to my countrymen???
    My death would have been also again a 1x1 news item on
    7th page and nobody would have bothered...

But we are of the same breed I guess, I still want to
    fight a full- war and would still join Special Forces,
    if somehow an opportunity comes...

We are soildiers, and we dont give a damn, if somebody
    recognises us or not... Ours is to serve un-selfishly
    and do the supreme sacrifice for our country

Ladies and Gentlemen, If you are reading this,
    then you are still alive because of people like Major
    Manish...Lets not be so callous in respecting his
    sacrifice...Any of us or our family could be the next
    victim in bomb-blast, to avert which he took a bullet
    to his head..
    Major Manish Pitambare, 3rd PARA, Special Forces. Lets
    bow our head to him and bring the human being in
    ourselves...

7. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TD vAlign=top><TD width="2%"><TD class=headline width="98%">Miss India America looks at Bollywood crossover
    [​IMG]source: <TD class=related>By Joginder Tuteja, October 30, 2007 - 18:11 IST
    [​IMG] <TD class=bigone>[​IMG] While Bollywood is witnessing number of actors crossing over to Hollywood with interesting assignments (most recent being Irrfan Khan whose The Mighty Heart with Angelina Jolie released recently), even America is looking at artist exports to Bollywood. Melanie Kannokada, reigning Miss India America, is one of them. A Stanford University graduate, she has studied Engineering and was active in dancing, entrepreneurship, and student government.

On being asked about what brings her to Bollywood, Melanie says, "I love the elements of Indian Cinema – and can see myself being part of this magical and powerful genre. At the same time, Bollywood is not necessarily the end goal. It's about growing as an artist and creating meaningful work, whether that's here or abroad. In terms of Bollywood – if the right opportunity comes along, it would be hard to pass up!" Melanie's favorite stars are Kajol, Madhuri Dixit and Saif Ali Khan while Life is Beautiful, Amelie, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and Fanaa are the films that top her list. While acting is obviously what interests her most, she also loves to dance, do modeling, listen to all types of music and has an eye for entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability!

Melanie loves Indian cinema. She confesses, "I absolutely love Indian Cinema – the music, the dance, the emotion, the cinematography. Music and dance have always been a huge part of me, so I can't get enough of Bollywood films." Still, she isn't into stereotypes and rather looks at being a part of an interesting cinema. And adds, “If we look at the Hollywood market, now is a good time for South Asian talent to break into mainstream media as more roles are opening up for us. The challenge, however, is finding roles that shy away from the common stereotypes we've seen for quite some time."

[​IMG] Currently, she is in the discussion with two Indian American directors regarding both their offers for a film shooting in 2008. Melanie has also been noticed for her work as an Indian TV Host. She produces and hosts two shows with Sahara One TV and has had many other offers from the other major Indian TV networks. Also, Asia TV is one of the major networks who are very much interested in stealing her away.

Modeling is also a way of life for her. She has been doing a huge deal of fashion shows and print work, both for Indian and non-Indian designers. She recently did a major fashion show for Payal Singhal in New York City. Also, she came up with a dance performance at Madame Tussauds for the public debut of Aishwarya's wax figure

8. Kavta

Kavta Senior IL'ite

Sush with no make-up in Dubai

[​IMG]
    Sushmita Sen was looking so cute when we met her. Despite being so tired after late-night practice, she came down from the stage to meet my children and hug them at the Dubai World Trade Centre. This is what I call a real star!

source:posted by Girish

9. mithareddy

mithareddy New IL'ite

hi kavta,
    great effort,really amazing,ur collection is really good.
    keep mailing.......
    bye.:clap

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center border=0><TD class=articleheaderfont vAlign=bottom>Our 'Al Pacino', Kamal Hasan turns 53<TD height=5><!-- ~~|ByLine|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|byline|520|10| ~~--><TD class=articleagencyfont><TD height=5><TD class=articlecontentfont><TD height=5><TD class=overviewfont colSpan=2>One of the most versatile actor in the country , Kamal Hasan celebrates his birthday today.<TD height=5><!-- ~~|123Dop123|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|DoP|520|10|~~ --><TD class=ArticleContentFont>The 'Al Pacino' of Indian cinema, Kamal Hasan turned 53 on Wednesday.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /> But Hasan, one of the most successful actors from the south to make it big in Bollywood, has no plans to celebrate his birthday as yet, says a source close to the actor.
    "He has flown out of station," adds the source.
    In his career, Hasan has approached each role with equanimity. From portraying a candyfloss romantic hero running around trees in films like Ek Duje Ke liye and Sanam Tere Kasam to delving into the dark side of the human psyche in Abhay, he has portrayed every role with equal elan, brilliance and poise.
    <TABLE style="FLOAT: right" valign="middle"><TD vAlign=center><TABLE class=font borderColor=red cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD width="100%"><TABLE borderColor=green cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD align=middle width="100%"><!-- --------------------------------------------- --><!-- MooterMedia Javascript Ad Snippet starts here --><!-- Do not edit the following lines --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>mooter_page_section="AdUnit2";</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://advantage20.mootermedia.com/p13456307618173559308/t5/ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- MooterMedia Javascript Ad Snippet ends here --><!-- --------------------------------------------- --><TD height=5><TD align=middle width="100%"><TD height=5>Hasan, has essayed a variety of different roles in his film career spanned over 38 years but what sets him apart is that he is perhaps the only actor to have captured hearts of people in south Indian film industry while stamping his mark in Bollywood.
    Whether playing an unemployed youth in the 1988 silent movie Pushpak or flaunting a saree in Chachi 420, Kamal Hasan's excellence in role-play never failed to leave a mark in the minds of audiences.
    He is one of the few film personalities who has tried his hands in all aspects of film making, be it direction, lyrics, choreography, screenplay or story writing. He has also lent his voice to a number of songs in films like Abhay, Chachi 420, Hey Ram, Sadma in Hindi and many more in south Indian languages.
    Born on <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:DATE year="1954" day="7" month="11">November 7, 1954</ST1:DATE>, Hasan is one of the few actors who has always believed in experimentation. He used animation in Abhay, went under the plastic surgeon's scalpel for his role as a freedom fighter in Tamil flick Indian and is playing ten characters in the soon to be released Dasavatham.
    Hasan, a four time National Film Award winner, began his career as a child artist and initially did a lot of stage plays. His repertoire now boasts more than two hundred Indian films.
    He was awarded <ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>India</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION>'s fourth highest civilian honour, the Padma Shri for his services to Indian cinema in 1990.
    His film, Nayakan, which won 18 Filmfare awards, has been rated as one of the top 100 films of all time by 'Time' magazine in 2005. Moreover, he is the only actor to have seven of his films being nominated as official entry to the Oscars and also has been awarded 'Living legend in film business' by FICCI this year

Attached Files: