1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Da Vinci Code-the movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sudhavnarasimhan, May 24, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Ladies ,
    i got to see the movie Da Vinci Code.....has anyone else seen it..what are your views?
    I felt it was quite a good representation of the book.....but does get boring at times , but i enjoyed the visual representation...great cinematography and good sound effects also. But Tom Hanks has nothing to do really....so a bit disappointing. But if one has read the book,then i guess one is already aware of the climax and there is really no thrill !
    Well do share your views...i heard it is releasing in India only this week!

Happy Viewing!

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear sudha,

after a lot of controversies & showdown, the movie has finally got its clearance.
    I'm eager to watch it. I've got the book but just last week one of my friend in Paris asked me not to read as she felt the book was better than the movie and if I read the book then I'm sure to find the movie boring.

what do you say??? Its so difficult to keep away from this book.

3. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Book vs. Movie

I heard that you will not understand the movie Da-Vinci Code if you do not read the book first. It is a must that you know the story and read the novel to understand the movie. I however will see the movie before I read the novel. I do not want to know the climax of Da-Vinci code beforehand when I go to theatre. Later, I can read the book. It is releasing in India on this friday.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Book was great...

Da Vinci Code was a book which was extremely arresting and thrilling to the core. Besides, it was a very 'clever' book and that's what makes it so special. I am waiting to see the movie and shall do so sometime this week. Maria might be right with what she has heard. It is possible that one should read the book to follow the happenings on the screen because a movie will be unable to bring out all the nuances that a book manages to do. But then, I should not be airing opinions before I see the movie!

L, Kamla

5. sudhavnarasimhan

Ya what you ahve all said is true...if u read the book, you get to know the climax, so it gets boring at the end...but if u don't read the book, there are so many things you dont know , and wonder what they are talking about. But those of you who have not read maybe should watch it and let us know how you felt....since for me it was a mixed feeling of seeing something visually , but you already know it! So could appreciate only the direction and cinemato graphy...even TomHanks had nothing much to do!

Watch it and share your opinions....

6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

:clap :clap Hi,
    Last week I watched the DA VINCI CODE . It is true that there is no thrill
    in watching the movie after I read the book. But the way the movie was taken
    and the effects are very good. Reading the fiction is an amazing experience.
    Dan Brown described each and every bit of Louvre museum in detail.
    But in the movie it passed in a split of a second. As a whole, the movie is
    well taken, those who have not read the book it is hard to follow the story line. But it is worth watching.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

once u read the book it is tough to appreciate the visual

once we read the books the film always take a back seat...but a film like da-vinci u need to read and then go ahead and watch it being presented....i dont know planning to go next week but the way all the states coming forward to ban it here in india....funny the land of christians have made the movie but here with being secular we r not ready to accept anything....let me see if it is still there may be i might see and then let u all know abt it..regards sunkan

8. sudhavnarasimhan

Hi Sundari,
    True, here in the west and european countries, verry little noise was made....but no one banned it ....and theatres are running full houses in German dubbed ones also! So it is surprising that christians in India are wanting a ban!

9. Indrabolt

Indrabolt New IL'ite

Da Vinci Code if fiction, and Fraudlent History

We in the West are foolish people. The Da Vinci is extemely Anti- Christian.

However, we in the West know that Dan Brown is a Fraud. Virtually no important item is true. The French Royal family has Viking Y Chromosomes, not Jewish DNA of 2,000 years ago. That either proves that Dan Brown is Fraud, or Christ was an Viking ( Aryan).

He missplaced the Knights Templer for about 1100 years. The first historical refrence to the Knights Templer was by Richard I of England, just before 1200 AD. By 1213 the Knights Templer were one of the most powerful forces in England. They forced King John to Capulate in 1213

Two years later, they, the Lords, and other Christian Kights forced King John to sign the Magna Carta in 1215 AD. There was no war between King John and the forces across from him. King John only had the Jews he brided, and Place staff. The Christian Lords, the Knight Templer, and the other Christian Knights brought a massive Christian army to the Battle field. King John signed the Maga Carta or he would have lost his head.

The Knights Templer were warrior Priests. There quest was to win the Holy Land for Christ. The Laws of William I ( 1066 AD) ( a Viking), the Capulation of King John to the Pope in 1213, and the Maga Carta, are documents that Affect India. Those documents are the bases of British Freedom. Copies of all three documents are on the internet.

Nobody has seen the Goblet that Christ drank from for about 1975 years. The secert linage of Christ is a 20 century Fraud.

My daughter went to the movie with friends. She told me that she could not stop laughing. The French Translation was horrible ( Childish). The history was so bad you could not stop laugh. Even NBC TV, and CNN News, both ran programs, where experts confirmed, that not any single important point in the Book, or the movie, was true, or even likely to be true.

Dan Brown has some Jewish background. The Da Vinci Code is really the old Jewish attack of Christianity, and nothing more.

The Passion of Christ( by Mel Gibson) is likely the best movie, and most accurate movie ever made on the subject.

Christ said he was celebate. He also said: " If you can not be celebate, then marry". He also said: never have sex with a prostitute. Why would he marry a prostitue whe he could get 5,000 people to listen to him on any hill? Half of those people would be women. If he could get 5,000 people on any hill, do you think a great moral leader would have any trouble getting a bride?

His half-brother, James, and all 12 Disciples were married, so were all the Popes for the frist 900 years.

Frankly, he could pay about ten dollars, and buy a slave woman if he wanted to. That was the price for common slave at the time, in to day's money. The reference is" " The cost to feed on horse for one day." That was the price of a comon slave at the time. A very pretty woman might cost more.

Respectfully,

Indrabolt

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My thoughts..

Dear Indrabolt...Wow, that is some reference! You seem to be into History. I could never have given dates and reference points like you have. But then, it has been sometime that I spent time with history books! Good for you.

As for Dan Brown and his novel Da Vinci Code, I am not aware that he made any claims to say that his book was based on facts and it is a peice of missing history. As far as I know, it was a fictional work and that is how I am treating it and feel everyone should too. Correct me if it is otherwise.

I know that the 'world' or the most of it has gone overboard dissecting the book and its authenticity and fact searching. One thing is clear to me. Besides boosting the book's popularity beyond belief ( I am sure Dan was pleasantly surprised!), the whole Da Vinci affair has triggerend off an industry in itself. Surely, if nothing else, it is supporting the livelihood for a few hundred poeple or so! It has given a mission to those who were otherwise searching for somethig to spend their energies on....is what I feel!?!

Now, coming to the movie. I atlast was able to see it and enjoyed it. I went with a lot of apprehension because the reviews were not encouraging. But being a Hank fan, I liked seeing him as Langdon and all in all, the film was true to the book and I could check out if my mental images compared to those of the film and I was satisfied with what they did in the film. All the same, the film will be enjoyed by those who have read the book is what I sincerely feel.

Surely, Da Vinci Code has attained cult proportions now.

L, Kamla